Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 287

Thread: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

  1. #11
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Wow. Well, this is going to dominate the news for the next three years for sure now.

  2. #12
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Several flaws in this. 1st: The Senate would never impeach obama. 2nd: Joe biden would then take over as President (SCARY) 3rd: is there really a problem with looking more closely at those who oppose taxes ( or at least more taxes). they are the ones most likely not to be paying. I certainly don't condone it, but in all reality there is nothing really criminal there.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Several flaws in this. 1st: The Senate would never impeach obama. 2nd: Joe biden would then take over as President (SCARY) 3rd: is there really a problem with looking more closely at those who oppose taxes ( or at least more taxes). they are the ones most likely not to be paying. I certainly don't condone it, but in all reality there is nothing really criminal there.
    Quite the opposite. Those are the only ones who are paying. That's why Democrats love taxes. They barely have to pay them, if at all.

  4. #14
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Quite the opposite. Those are the only ones who are paying. That's why Democrats love taxes. They barely have to pay them, if at all.
    Ehh not quite sure on that. I'm a democrat and I payed a higher effective tax rate then Mitt Romney did. I know the majority of my co-workers did as well, it was quite the fiasco around election time.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  5. #15
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Several flaws in this. 1st: The Senate would never impeach obama. 2nd: Joe biden would then take over as President (SCARY) 3rd: is there really a problem with looking more closely at those who oppose taxes ( or at least more taxes). they are the ones most likely not to be paying. I certainly don't condone it, but in all reality there is nothing really criminal there.
    Then why did they ask pro-life groups to promise not to picked PP? Or that if they recited prayers, and to notify the IRS of the content of their prayers? Or to notify the IRS their donor lists?

    What was the point of that?

    And did the IRS have any actual data to back up who was evading taxes in March of 2010 when they started this practice? Nope,they didn't. But if they were going to start stereotyping people, why didn't they just audit all the Jews? They are the ones with all the money in the world, right? Oh wait, they did that too.

    I guess that just means the IRS is filled with dumbasses.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Several flaws in this. 1st: The Senate would never impeach obama. 2nd: Joe biden would then take over as President (SCARY) 3rd: is there really a problem with looking more closely at those who oppose taxes ( or at least more taxes). they are the ones most likely not to be paying. I certainly don't condone it, but in all reality there is nothing really criminal there.
    1st they will if they want to get reelected in 2014 or 2016 you can only defend a failed president for so long before you become a political hack,
    2nd Biden will be harmless he will be as lame of a duck as Ford was and we will have a republican house and senate after 2014
    im going to ignore the rest of your post if you see what the IRS did as not being wrong. your to far gone

  7. #17
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Ehh not quite sure on that. I'm a democrat and I payed a higher effective tax rate then Mitt Romney did. I know the majority of my co-workers did as well, it was quite the fiasco around election time.
    If you have an effective tax rate over 14%, then you are overpaying. I make a **** ton of money, and I'm nowhere near that.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,304

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    We all know that "President" Biden means he's got the nod wrapped up in '16, right?

    If true, it's over. Rake him over the coals.
    So you don't see a problem with this ? That information that could have possibly changed the outcome of the election and could have saved millions the extended suffering of four more years of Obama ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  9. #19
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was investigating the Internal Revenue Service’s screening of politically active organizations seeking tax exemptions, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/us....html?hp&_r=2&

    Ok enough is enough is this not proof enough for impeachment
    The issue isn't heightened scrutiny for political organizations it's the criteria used for that heigtened security.

    If Obama was aware they were using "Tea Party" "9/12" or other typical names for polititcal organizations that's one thing.

    If he was told just that they were going to start investigating organizations that supposedly provide "social welfare" but really just are political organizations which is what this article seems to apply....there's nothing wrong or partisan about that.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  10. #20
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    re: Republicans Expand I.R.S. Inquiry, With Eye on White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Then why did they ask pro-life groups to promise not to picked PP? Or that if they recited prayers, and to notify the IRS of the content of their prayers? Or to notify the IRS their donor lists?

    What was the point of that?

    And did the IRS have any actual data to back up who was evading taxes in March of 2010 when they started this practice? Nope,they didn't. But if they were going to start stereotyping people, why didn't they just audit all the Jews? They are the ones with all the money in the world, right? Oh wait, they did that too.

    I guess that just means the IRS is filled with dumbasses.
    As I said, I don't condone it, I would like to point out though that the majority of this occurred under a Bush appointed commissioner.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •