Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 288

Thread: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

  1. #221
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    ReformCollege... Case and point about an egotistically misaligned world view. Read this guy's posts in this thread.
    Jeff Monson...finally.

    I couldn't think of that guys name and Iv'e seen him fight before.

    I hate tattoo's, and have never been inspired for an instant to get inked up. I would rather have a one on one discussion with Monson before I decide whether or not he's a communist.

    Cage fighters get repeated concussions.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  2. #222
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    I don't recall this ever being a "this vs. that" on the subject.
    The whole notion of this thread is hinging on "the bigger the better."

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege
    Cardio and weightlifting are just tools in the shed to help you do whatever you want to do.
    Agreed. And as apparently I have to restate to you yet again... cardio with a weight training assist... will give bodies the best results. Yet for some reason you keep trying to paint me into a corner you are straw-manning from whole cloth.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege
    One goal isn't more important or "better" then the other in any way. You're crying back and forth about how condescending these imaginary meat-heads are, yet all I'm hearing is you being the condescending asshole about people who want to lift weights. One can lift weights and be strong (really strong) without being this prototypical useless meat-head that you are so butthurt over.
    Of course they can. I never said anything about all of them or none of them can and can't do _____________. that is you straw manning me again. And being that you keep doing that, I'd have to say it must be your butt-hurtedness that is shining out like the purple and red on a mating season's baboon ass. Not mine. I just started out joshing with a little give and take in a thread designed to **** on the meek coming from the mouths aligned with the party of Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege
    I'll say this, I generally look down on anyone who wants to use performance enhancing drugs out of pure vanity. But this is the definition of a strawman, you're arguing against something that no one is in favor of.
    Dude... you and I are most likely on the same page on this but you saw and know my lean and therefore cherry-picked a stance against me. I think my posts are a rather obvious three glasses of chianti silliness in this knuckle-dragging thread but you are acting as if I were scribing it in stone. Bottom line, I don't need to fill my ego by designing a condescending thread about those without the same meat goals... but it's only me in here you find condescending? Come on.
    Last edited by poweRob; 05-17-13 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #223
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    People are missing the point here, it's not about hitting the gym and bulking up it's more about body type. IMO it is testosterone related and I have noticed in life that most lib men seem to be the pencil necks like Colmes and Thom Hartman for example while cons tend to be bigger beefier guys and as I said I think it is testosterone related. More testosterone makes you beefier and more aggressive and just maybe more conservative.
    Mesomorphs used to rule, until 12000 years ago or so.

    I suspect they haven't adapted to the equalization of technology.

    And since no one obeys them simply because they are bigger anymore, they resent those rresponsible for leveling the playing field. And yearn for the good old days.

    Half tongue in cheek, but that's what I suspect.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #224
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Jeff Monson...finally.

    I couldn't think of that guys name and Iv'e seen him fight before.

    I hate tattoo's, and have never been inspired for an instant to get inked up. I would rather have a one on one discussion with Monson before I decide whether or not he's a communist.

    Cage fighters get repeated concussions.
    Okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The whole notion of this thread is hinging on "the bigger the better."



    Agreed. And as apparently I have to restate to you yet again... cardio with a weight training assist... will give bodies the best results. Yet for some reason you keep trying to paint me into a corner you are straw-manning from whole cloth.



    Of course they can. I never said anything about all of them or none of them can and can't do _____________. that is you straw manning me again. And being that you keep doing that, I'd have to say it must be your butt-hurtedness that is shining out like the purple and red on a mating season's baboon ass. Not mine. I just started out joshing with a little give and take in a thread designed to **** on the meek coming from the mouths aligned with the party of Jesus.



    Dude... you and I are most likely on the same page on this but you saw and know my lean and therefore cherry-picked a stance against me. I think my posts are a rather obvious three glasses of chianti silliness in this knuckle-dragging thread but you are acting as if I were scribing it in stone. Bottom line, I don't need to fill my ego by designing a condescending thread about those without the same meat goals... but it's only me in here you find condescending? Come on.
    Fair enough, you cleared up your stance on the issue alittle bit.

    I will say this, this article is about upper body strength. Yet you seem to be mixing this up with size, when you say "this article is about the bigger the better." Strength is a feat of performance, same as a marathon is. Size or "bigness" is a object of vanity.

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Hey! That's your MOM'S testosterone they're talking about.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #227
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I was genetically predisposed to be a big guy, as most men on my fathers side exceed 6'4" and 250 lbs. I had a uncle who WAS 6'8'' ( Father's younger Brother who passed away 3 years ago ) and over 400 pounds easy. When I came out of High School after playing football for 6 years straight I was 6'7", 280 and could bench press 390 pounds. And no, I never took steroids.

    He use to irritate the crap out of me when I was a kid ( 9-10 years old ) , wrestling, fighting and such, and I would try with everything I had to just move him 3 inches off of the spot he was occupying or to hit him hard enough to get a reaction out of him other than him laughing at my attempts.. No dice, as it was analogous to attacking a fire engine.

    He was a Offensive linemen in College and until his death was built like a brick wall. He was also one of the nicest guys Iv'e ever known and knowing that I would eventually reach a height and weight and strength comparable to his, he taught me never to use my size as asset, because first my size was going to be a given, and second it was a cheap way to go through life intimidating those that I either disliked or were in competition in.

    There was never any need to throw my weight around and since I can remember I have gone out of my way to make sure people judge me by my character and intelligence not my size. It was never my fault I was built like this as it runs in my family, ( my oldest is in the navy 6'7'', a slim 240 ).

    We are also predisposed to knee and hip problems because of our height, and heart problems, That's what killed my uncle.


    I don't see any direct correlation to a political ideology and someone's size.
    Sorry to hear about your uncle. Like I said in a recent post in here, I'm just rambling behind a third glass of wine giving out as much **** as I'm taking just for fun. Maybe even a little more.

    Relations between people are derived around respect. While respect and trust are both qualities to be earned you start off giving complete strangers a bit of both. You don't start out with giving them none because if you did you'd never leave the house due to fear of everyone. That being said, I just tire of those who view the world by doling out their respect above the initial amount by appearance and often who they think is "tough". That is a **** standard for many reasons but primarily becuase it really doesn't tell you a thing about who that person really is, but voila, they sit at a higher station in the eyes of those who hold such qualities as superior to others.

    On a side-note, as far as toughness... I'm pretty confident I've met a guy, rather thin, that would pretty much flatten any man I've met. He's Vietnemese and teaches a brand of Kung Fu taught to him by his grandad. He says that it's harder for the beefier guys to do because of mobility issues. He will not teach cage fighters or anyone with any such desires because he said his grandad taught him that once you do such things you are the same as a chicken put in a chicken fight or a dog in a dog fight. He's never threatening, always smiling and constantly teaches respect. Pretty much the antithesis of what many people often think of "tough" or "strong".
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Chris Hayes.

    Well there's that.

  9. #229
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Fair enough, you cleared up your stance on the issue alittle bit.

    I will say this, this article is about upper body strength. Yet you seem to be mixing this up with size, when you say "this article is about the bigger the better." Strength is a feat of performance, same as a marathon is. Size or "bigness" is a object of vanity.
    On a slightly off topic... because I was talking about this with another guy today... the BEST runners in the world aren't from Africa. They are Mexicans who are regularly drunk and smoke like chimneys. No one can match them in mega-marathons.

    The Tarahumara Tribe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #230
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Jeff Monson...finally.

    I couldn't think of that guys name and Iv'e seen him fight before.

    I hate tattoo's, and have never been inspired for an instant to get inked up. I would rather have a one on one discussion with Monson before I decide whether or not he's a communist.

    Cage fighters get repeated concussions.
    he's an anarchist, IRC. Has a masters in political science

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •