Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 722

Thread: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

  1. #711
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    He is definately not guilty of Murder, but he should be charged with something. I have always been a proponent of a man having more a saying in the fate of his child. Perhaps, if a man does not want the child, the woman should be forced to parent and support the child herself if she wants to have it.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  2. #712
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Fla. Man Accused of Killing Ex-Girlfriend's Fetus - ABC News

    Ex-girlfriend was six weeks, five days pregnant, by her ex-boyfriend. Ex-boyfriend didn't want to have a child, ex-girlfriend did.

    Ex-boyfriend tricked her into taking a pill that caused her to go into labor and lose the "baby".

    He is now charged with first-degree murder.

    Doesn't the crime of murder require a "person" to be killed? Doesn't abortion law tell us that a fetus that is six weeks, five days old is not a person?

    Shouldn't the pro-choice, pro-abortion crowd be outraged that this charge was laid and what is the impact going forward if he is convicted of first-degree murder?
    This is exactly why the pro-choice argument is bull**** and our laws are bull****...

    It seems it's only OK to abort a child if the mother doesn't want the child, and if she does then it is murder.

    Abortion should be considered murder and this man is guilty of first degree murder. That is not an opinion either - it is truth.

    If you can charge someone with murder for murdering a 6 week old fetus then you can charge a woman with aborting her 6 week fetus - both cases meet first degree murder criteria in every state.

    It's either that or we can have abortion and have people not held responsible for killing unborn children...

  3. #713
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    This is exactly why the pro-choice argument is bull**** and our laws are bull****...

    It seems it's only OK to abort a child if the mother doesn't want the child, and if she does then it is murder.

    Abortion should be considered murder and this man is guilty of first degree murder. That is not an opinion either - it is truth.

    If you can charge someone with murder for murdering a 6 week old fetus then you can charge a woman with aborting her 6 week fetus - both cases meet first degree murder criteria in every state.

    It's either that or we can have abortion and have people not held responsible for killing unborn children...
    This is my view as well in that the law appears to be inconsistent based on gender which would seem to make it against the bill of rights which prohibits discrimination based on gender.

    As I've said before, since this guy used the very same drugs that a doctor would administer to end a pregnancy within the first 9 weeks, it appears to sanction "murder" based on the whim of the female - no law should be so based.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #714
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,942

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    ....

    As I've said before, since this guy used the very same drugs that a doctor would administer to end a pregnancy within the first 9 weeks, it appears to sanction "murder" based on the whim of the female - no law should be so based.
    Actually he did not use the very same drugs a doctor would use.

    Usually an antibiotic and two chemical abortion type drugs are used. The first stops the progesterone production. Progeterone is needed to continue a pregnancy.
    By stopping the progesterone ( in lay mans terms ) the placenta starts to pull away from the wall. The second drug ...
    The one the boyfriend gave her is taken a day later and it causes the cramping and with the loosened placenta the abortion is more like a heavy period with mild cramping.

    Without the first medication the woman went into full premature labor which is not only very painful but since she was not given antibiotics could have caused a life threatening infection.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  5. #715
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Actually he did not use the very same drugs a doctor would use.

    Usually an antibiotic and two chemical abortion type drugs are used. The first stops the progesterone production. Progeterone is neede to continue a pregnancy.
    By stopping the progesterone ( in lay mans terms ) the placenta starts to pull away from the wall. The second drug ...
    The one the boyfriend gave her is taken a day later and it causes the cramping and with the loosened placenta the abortion is more like a heavy period with mild cramping.

    Without the first medication the woman went into full premature labor which is not only very painful but since she was not given antibiotics could have caused a life threatening infection.
    I don't doubt your explanation.

    That says to me that he should have been charged with medical malpractice or practicing medicine without a license. To have the man charged with murder gives the female the ability to determine that the "invasive clump of cells" is human while another woman may think otherwise.

    I'm curious - if in this case the man had secured the drug and the woman had taken it, would you have charged them both with first degree murder because the "proper" drug administration protocol wasn't followed?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #716
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,942

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I don't doubt your explanation.

    That says to me that he should have been charged with medical malpractice or practicing medicine without a license. ...
    Personally I feel the prosecutor should not have sought a first degree murder charge.
    However , as far as the law reads the UVVA and legal abortions are not in conflict legally with other.

    He was also charged with product tampering and I fully agree with that charge.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  7. #717
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Personally I feel the prosecutor should not have sought a first degree murder charge.
    However , as far as the law reads the UVVA and legal abortions are not in conflict legally with other.

    He was also charged with product tampering and I fully agree with that charge.
    Let's be above board here and acknowledge that when you say they are "not in conflict legally" it's because the UVVA makes an exception, excluding abortions, so as not to conflict with Supreme Court rulings on access to abortion. That does not mean that they are not in conflict as a matter of legal principle, it just means that they found a way to skirt logic in order to have the UVVA exist.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #718
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,942

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    It is important to understand that the UVVA and Roe vs Wade are not two different laws,

    In fact Roe vs Wade is not a law.
    It is a SC decision that held that state abortion laws violate the Due process clause in the fourteenth amendment,
    which protects individuals against state action that infringes on their privacy.

    The UVVA passed under Roe vs Wade because it explicitly identified "abortion' is an activity that can't be prosecuted when the abortion is obtained with the consent of the pregnant woman or individual authorized to act on her behalf.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #719
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Actually he did not use the very same drugs a doctor would use.

    Usually an antibiotic and two chemical abortion type drugs are used. The first stops the progesterone production. Progeterone is needed to continue a pregnancy.
    By stopping the progesterone ( in lay mans terms ) the placenta starts to pull away from the wall. The second drug ...
    The one the boyfriend gave her is taken a day later and it causes the cramping and with the loosened placenta the abortion is more like a heavy period with mild cramping.

    Without the first medication the woman went into full premature labor which is not only very painful but since she was not given antibiotics could have caused a life threatening infection.
    We should not expect the "pro-lifers" to know the facts about these things, or be honest about them

    CJ's description of the drugs used was just as inaccurate as his claim that the charge was based on "the whim of the female". The truth is, the murder charge is not affected by the mother's desires or choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #720
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    We should not expect the "pro-lifers" to know the facts about these things, or be honest about them

    CJ's description of the drugs used was just as inaccurate as his claim that the charge was based on "the whim of the female". The truth is, the murder charge is not affected by the mother's desires or choices.
    Is Scott Peterson innocent then?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •