Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 722

Thread: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

  1. #581
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    683,000 adult American women are forcibly raped each year.
    Facts About Sexual Assult:
    The Scope of The Problem

    One woman in four will sexually assaulted during her lifetime.


    683,000 adult American women are forcibly raped each year.

    <SNIP>
    Only 16% of rapes are ever reported to the police.

    <SNIP>
    1 in 4 college women reported being victims of rape or attempted rape.
    1 in 12 college men admitted to committing acts that met the legal definition of rape.
    61% of rapes occurred before the victims were eighteen years old.
    29% occurred when the victims were younger than eleven.
    <SNIP>

    The Cost of Rape

    The total costs of rape are estimated to be $127 billion a year in the United States, excluding the costs of child sexual abuse -- about $508 per man, woman, or child per year. The cost for each sexual assault is $110,000.


    Nearly one-third of all rape victims develop Rape-related Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (RR-PTSD) sometime in their lifetimes, and more than 11% suffer from RR-PTSD at the present time. There are 1.5 million adult female rape victims who suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in the US.


    There are 32,000 rape-related pregnancies each year in the U.S.
    Listen. | Facts About Sexual Assault
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  2. #582
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    683,000 adult American women are forcibly raped each year.
    Facts About Sexual Assult:


    Listen. | Facts About Sexual Assault
    If you're misogynistic (as many abortion banners are) it's easy to say that "Those hundreds of thousands of women are just a drop in the bucket compared to the millions of abortions that take place every year, so I'm going to go bat crap crazy over the miniscule # of late-term abortions"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #583
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    683,000 adult American women are forcibly raped each year.
    Facts About Sexual Assult:


    Listen. | Facts About Sexual Assault
    utter bull****.

    Maybe you need glasses and somehow inserted a zero somewhere.

    FBI &mdash; Forcible Rape

    83,425 forcible rapes reported to law enforcement in 2011.


    Now go blow smoke up someone else's ass who gets a kick out of that.

  4. #584
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    utter bull****.

    Maybe you need glasses and somehow inserted a zero somewhere.

    FBI — Forcible Rape

    83,425 forcible rapes reported to law enforcement in 2011.


    Now go blow smoke up someone else's ass who gets a kick out of that.
    I guess you might need glasses since my link clearly said only 16 percent of rapes are ever reported to the police.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  5. #585
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I guess you might need glasses since my link clearly said only 16 percent of rapes are ever reported to the police.
    Like I said, duderino, my ass is exit only. Blow it up some mental midget's asshole who likes that ****.

  6. #586
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I guess you might need glasses since my link clearly said only 16 percent of rapes are ever reported to the police.
    what is that number based on? The reason I ask, is that organization seems to take a rather broad view of what constitutes sexual assault and violence

    The NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault defines sexual violence as: Any completed or attempted sexual act against a person’s will or against a person unable to give consent.
    Sexual violence encompasses a continuum of acts, ranging from unwanted sexual comments or advances to completed rape.

  7. #587
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Just as abortion stats are difficult to quantify because various states require various reporting, reliable stats on pregnancies that result from rape are difficult to find. However, according to the LA Times:

    "Because pregnancy is believed to occur with about the same frequency whether a woman was raped or engaged in consensual sex – about 5% of the time – the wildly different estimates in occurrences of rape have produced wildly varying estimates of the number of pregnancies that result."

    Statistics on rape and pregnancy are complicated - Los Angeles Times

    From the Wall Street Journal:

    "The biggest discrepancy is in the estimates used for the number of rapes in the U.S. These can vary in official government estimates from as few as 64,000 a year to as many as 1.3 million, about 20 times larger, depending on when and how rapes are counted.

    ...The Federal Bureau of Investigation counted 84,767 forcible rapes—as distinct from statutory rapes without force—in 2010, based on crime reports from local law-enforcement agencies. The Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey, based on polling Americans, counted 188,380 rapes and sexual assaults that year. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, conducting its own victimization survey, counted 1.3 million rapes in 2010.

    Survey design and question wording also matter. A study published in 2000 by the Department of Justice compared two surveys conducted in 1997 among women attending college. The surveys were identical, except that one was modeled on Justice's crime victimization survey while the other asked much more detailed questions to screen for rape. The latter survey estimated a percentage of women who had been raped that was 11 times higher than the one modeled on Justice's survey."

    In addition to conflict between the CDC's and Justice's reporting, "The other unknown number is the probability that a rape will lead to pregnancy. There are no fully reliable, up-to-date data on such relevant factors as the age of victims, the rate of their hormonal contraceptive use and what percentage of rapists ejaculate in their victims, researchers say." Pregnancies From Rape Prove Tough to Count - WSJ.com

    Important to note that the Kilpatrick referenced is the author of the 1996 study frequently cited: Rape-related pregnancy: estimates and de... [Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI

  8. #588
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Just as abortion stats are difficult to quantify because various states require various reporting, reliable stats on pregnancies that result from rape are difficult to find. However, according to the LA Times: ...


    As my first statistics professor used to teach: Always read "as many as..." in any news piece regarding statistical trends as "Most likely far fewer than..." since all the reporters have done is take the upward bounds of a standard error and reported it as fact.

  9. #589
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    what is that number based on? The reason I ask, is that organization seems to take a rather broad view of what constitutes sexual assault and violence
    It's typical agenda based approximation where no actual facts exist or could possibly exist.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #590
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Florida Man Charged with Murder for Killing Ex-Girlfriend's FETUS[W330;338]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Unless you live in Pakistan or Afghanistan or some other hell-hole, there isn't an epidemic of women being forced to have unprotected sex and being forced to get pregnant against their will. My point was, and remains, that in the vast majority of cases when a woman gets pregnant she has no one else to blaim for that pregnancy than herself - actions do have consequences, whether you wish to accept that or not.

    In addition, you took my comment out of context in that I wasn't talking about forcing women to do anything other than accept the fact that if they want to claim control over their own bodies then it's full control not partial control - if you are the sole person responsible for ending a pregnancy then you have to accept that you are the sole person who allowed yourself to get in that situation in the first place. Other than the Virgin Mary, there aren't any women who mysteriously become pregnant.
    I have yet to see any prolife MAN on this forum that does not eventually declare it's all the woman's fault and men (ie yourself) have no blame or responsibility whatsoever.

    Actually, by your message, EVERY pregnancy is like the Virgin Mary. Other than God maybe, there is no one "responsible" but her.

    Girls and women forced to be pregnant is not rare at all, but then you claim that's irrelevant anyway since only the female was involved.

Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •