Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 273

Thread: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

  1. #211
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    For the third time, Chief of Mission authority is not limited to State Dept. facilities. Chief of Mission authority covers all USG activities, by whatever agency.
    Unless you have ANYTHING to show that the CIA operations in Benghazi were a diplomatic operation, I don't believe you are correct. Repeating authority quotes on diplomatic missions does not cover secret CIA operations within the same country....unless you have some other documentation showing otherwise directly addressing the CIA annex.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It is true in all cases.
    Prove it beyond your generalized quote on diplomatic operations. This was a CIA detention/operations annex, not a diplomatic mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #213
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,903
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Unless you have ANYTHING to show that the CIA operations in Benghazi were a diplomatic operation, I don't believe you are correct. Repeating authority quotes on diplomatic missions does not cover secret CIA operations within the same country....unless you have some other documentation showing otherwise directly addressing the CIA annex.
    Chiefs of Mission are Presidential appointees, not State Department appointees. Chief of Mission authorities are therefore Presidentially derived. They cover all activities of all kinds by all agencies, diplomatic or non-diplomatic. This is a matter of fact. Whatever was happening at either compound in Benghazi, it was under Chief of Mission authority.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #214
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Broadwell CIA Annex In Benghazi Exposed - Business Insider

    A key subplot to the ongoing sex scandal saga involving ousted CIA director David Petraeus and his biographer-turned-mistress Paula Broadwell is the September 11 attack on a U.S. mission in Benghazi that killed four Americans.
    Earlier today senior CIA and other Obama administration officials briefed members of Congress about the attack and Petraeus will testify to the House and Senate intelligence committees on Thursday.
    Thanks to Broadwell revealing previously-unknown information in a speech at the University of Denver, we are closer to the truth of what was happening there.


    Read more: Broadwell CIA Annex In Benghazi Exposed - Business Insider

  5. #215
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    recall Rice's mendacity fest
    pfeiffer on abc this morning:

    Pfeiffer: GOP owes Rice an apology - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

    stephy, taken a bit aback: why?

    does whoever edited the talking points, removing the truth ("islamic extremists with ties to al qaeda") while leaving in place the lie ("spontaneous demonstrations"), owe the embarrassed ambassador a my bad?

    of course, the white house doesn't want YOU to know who edited the talking points

    it's irrelevant

    Obama Aide: 'Irrelevant' Who Edited Benghazi Talking Points | The Weekly Standard

    that's coverup, comrades

    and why wasn't that vile video even mentioned in the 100 pages of frantic back and forth between nuland and rhodes and sullivan and vietor, et al, that occupied so much administrative energy in the frantic 24 hours before susan-rice-sunday?

    What About the Video? | The Weekly Standard

    stay tuned

  6. #216
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,903
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Prove it beyond your generalized quote on diplomatic operations. This was a CIA detention/operations annex, not a diplomatic mission.
    It does not matter what it was. A Chief of Mission is the President's representative. All activities of all kinds by all agencies fall under Chief of Mission authority.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #217
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Chiefs of Mission are Presidential appointees, not State Department appointees. Chief of Mission authorities are therefore Presidentially derived. They cover all activities of all kinds by all agencies, diplomatic or non-diplomatic. This is a matter of fact. Whatever was happening at either compound in Benghazi, it was under Chief of Mission authority.
    BS, they don't have authority over CIA operations, you simply expanding your cited definition on diplomatic operations.....which the CIA annex was not.

    I keep asking to you for documentation, you keep providing your interpretation. If you were as you claim, you can point to docs, not your ever expanding definitions.
    It is your claim, prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #218
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,903
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    BS, they don't have authority over CIA operations, you simply expanding your cited definition on diplomatic operations.....which the CIA annex was not.

    I keep asking to you for documentation, you keep providing your interpretation. If you were as you claim, you can point to docs, not your ever expanding definitions.
    It is your claim, prove it.
    The claim has been proven.
    “Country teams” in embassies are made up of key figures from the State Department and other agencies who work under the direction of the ambassador and meet regularly to share information and coordinate their actions. This practice has been followed since May 29, 1961, when President John F. Kennedy wrote to all U.S. chiefs of mission saying, “You are in charge of the entire United States Diplomatic Mission and I shall expect you to supervise all of its operations. The Mission includes not only the personnel of the Department of State and the Foreign Service, but also the representatives of all other United States agencies which have programs or activities in [your country].”
    There is nothing in the foregoing that limits Chief of Mission authorities in any way.
    This is not a difference of opinion. It is a simple question of fact.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #219
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    maureen dowd, nyt (link above):

    Hillary Clinton and Ambassador Chris Stevens were rushing to make the flimsy Benghazi post permanent as a sign of good faith with Libyans, even as it sat ringed by enemies.
    what do you think the ambassador was doing there

    more:

    As Emma Roller and David Weigel wrote in Slate: “The die was cast long before the attack, by the weak security at the consulate, and commanders may have decided to cut their losses rather than risking more casualties. And that isn’t a story anyone prefers to tell.”
    ouch

    i don't think even rush limbaugh would go that far

    stay tuned

  10. #220
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,903
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    BS, they don't have authority over CIA operations, you simply expanding your cited definition on diplomatic operations.....which the CIA annex was not.

    I keep asking to you for documentation, you keep providing your interpretation. If you were as you claim, you can point to docs, not your ever expanding definitions.
    It is your claim, prove it.


    USC › Title 22 › Chapter 52 › Subchapter II › § 3927

    22 USC § 3927 - Chief of mission

    Current through Pub. L. 112-218. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)
    "(a) Duties
    Under the direction of the President, the chief of mission to a foreign country—
    (1) shall have full responsibility for the direction, coordination, and supervision of all Government executive branch employees in that country (except for Voice of America correspondents on official assignment and employees under the command of a United States area military commander); and
    (2) shall keep fully and currently informed with respect to all activities and operations of the Government within that country, and shall insure that all Government executive branch employees in that country (except for Voice of America correspondents on official assignment and employees under the command of a United States area military commander) comply fully with all applicable directives of the chief of mission.
    (b) Duties of agencies with employees in foreign countries
    Any executive branch agency having employees in a foreign country shall keep the chief of mission to that country fully and currently informed with respect to all activities and operations of its employees in that country, and shall insure that all of its employees in that country (except for Voice of America correspondents on official assignment and employees under the command of a United States area military commander) comply fully with all applicable directives of the chief of mission.
    (c) Promotion of United States goods and services
    Each chief of mission to a foreign country shall have as a principal duty the promotion of United States goods and services for export to such country."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •