Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 273

Thread: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

  1. #201
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,844
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And again, as I tried to make clear to you previously, you were and still are conflating the Steven compound with the CIA compound, they are 2 two different installations, 1.2 miles apart, with separate operations and commands.
    No, I am not. I am telling you that both compounds were under the authority of the Chief of Mission.
    “Country teams” in embassies are made up of key figures from the State Department and other agencies who work under the direction of the ambassador and meet regularly to share information and coordinate their actions. This practice has been followed since May 29, 1961, when President John F. Kennedy wrote to all U.S. chiefs of mission saying, “You are in charge of the entire United States Diplomatic Mission and I shall expect you to supervise all of its operations. The Mission includes not only the personnel of the Department of State and the Foreign Service, but also the representatives of all other United States agencies which have programs or activities in [your country].”
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #202
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No, I am not. I am telling you that both compounds were under the authority of the Chief of Mission.
    “Country teams” in embassies are made up of key figures from the State Department and other agencies who work under the direction of the ambassador and meet regularly to share information and coordinate their actions. This practice has been followed since May 29, 1961, when President John F. Kennedy wrote to all U.S. chiefs of mission saying, “You are in charge of the entire United States Diplomatic Mission and I shall expect you to supervise all of its operations. The Mission includes not only the personnel of the Department of State and the Foreign Service, but also the representatives of all other United States agencies which have programs or activities in [your country].”
    The CIA compound was NOT an embassy.

    I know your entire point hinges on this fact, but the fact is, it was not an embassy, thus not under the authority of State. It's authority was the DNI.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #203
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,844
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The CIA compound was NOT an embassy.

    I know your entire point hinges on this fact, but the fact is, it was not an embassy, thus not under the authority of State. It's authority was the DNI.
    The Chief of Mission's authority is not limited to State. It is also not limited to diplomatic installations. All USG installations, activities and personnel are under the Chief of Mission's authority. This includes both Benghazi compounds. This is a matter of fact, not opinion.
    “Country teams” in embassies are made up of key figures from the State Department and other agencies who work under the direction of the ambassador and meet regularly to share information and coordinate their actions. This practice has been followed since May 29, 1961, when President John F. Kennedy wrote to all U.S. chiefs of mission saying, “You are in charge of the entire United States Diplomatic Mission and I shall expect you to supervise all of its operations. The Mission includes not only the personnel of the Department of State and the Foreign Service, but also the representatives of all other United States agencies which have programs or activities in [your country].”
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #204
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    “Country teams” in embassies...
    The CIA annex was not a State dept facility, it was not under State dept authority....unless you have direct information showing otherwise, you don't have an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Something for the rwers to sink their teeth into:

    Unnamed sources tell Fox News that the CIA Annex in Benghazi held three Libyan militia members for days and that retrieving these detainees may have been a motive for the September 11th attack on the nearby US consulate.
    The new reporting builds on details previously published by Fox's Jennifer Griffin and information apparently leaked by ex-intelligence officer Paula Broadwell last month. Speaking on Fox News Monday, Griffin indicated new sources suggest the CIA annex may have been a detention site for local militia forces and even for some prisoners from other parts of Africa.

    Report: CIA's Benghazi Annex a Detention, Interrogation Site
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #206
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,844
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The CIA annex was not a State dept facility, it was not under State dept authority....unless you have direct information showing otherwise, you don't have an argument.
    For the third time, Chief of Mission authority is not limited to State Dept. facilities. Chief of Mission authority covers all USG activities, by whatever agency.
    “Country teams” in embassies are made up of key figures from the State Department and other agencies who work under the direction of the ambassador and meet regularly to share information and coordinate their actions. This practice has been followed since May 29, 1961, when President John F. Kennedy wrote to all U.S. chiefs of mission saying, “You are in charge of the entire United States Diplomatic Mission and I shall expect you to supervise all of its operations. The Mission includes not only the personnel of the Department of State and the Foreign Service, but also the representatives of all other United States agencies which have programs or activities in [your country].”
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #207
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Something for the rwers to sink their teeth into:

    Unnamed sources tell Fox News that the CIA Annex in Benghazi held three Libyan militia members for days and that retrieving these detainees may have been a motive for the September 11th attack on the nearby US consulate.
    The new reporting builds on details previously published by Fox's Jennifer Griffin and information apparently leaked by ex-intelligence officer Paula Broadwell last month. Speaking on Fox News Monday, Griffin indicated new sources suggest the CIA annex may have been a detention site for local militia forces and even for some prisoners from other parts of Africa.

    Report: CIA's Benghazi Annex a Detention, Interrogation Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    For the third time, Chief of Mission authority is not limited to State Dept. facilities. Chief of Mission authority covers all USG activities, by whatever agency.
    “Country teams” in embassies are made up of key figures from the State Department and other agencies who work under the direction of the ambassador and meet regularly to share information and coordinate their actions. This practice has been followed since May 29, 1961, when President John F. Kennedy wrote to all U.S. chiefs of mission saying, “You are in charge of the entire United States Diplomatic Mission and I shall expect you to supervise all of its operations. The Mission includes not only the personnel of the Department of State and the Foreign Service, but also the representatives of all other United States agencies which have programs or activities in [your country].”
    Is that true even though the CIA had a secret operation at Benghazi?

  8. #208
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,346

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Did ya'll see Dan Pfeiffer doing the full Sunday Susan Rice today.
    Yeah ... he's honest ... uh huh.
    Greetings, Bubba.

    Missed it! Do you have a link so I can play catch-up?

  9. #209
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,844
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Is that true even though the CIA had a secret operation at Benghazi?
    It is true in all cases.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #210
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,277

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, Bubba.

    Missed it! Do you have a link so I can play catch-up?
    He was on all the Sunday morning news shows. They're probably all repeated somewhere sometime.
    I'm kinda surprised the WH would encourage a repeat of the kind of thing that would have folks recall Rice's mendacity fest.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •