Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 273

Thread: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

  1. #101
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    only an honest assessment of the situation
    Why are you so intent on "making honest assesments of the situation " all of the sudden ?

    It's not really your forte as you clearly lack even the modest amount of knowledge needed to make a accurate assesment of America's military capabillity.

    The extent of your military knowledge stops right where it benefits your narrative.

    You DO realize we don't use muskets and 8 pound cannon's any more don't you ?

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The British had pulled out of the area because of the attacks on their facilities, as did the Red Cross. And despite the warnings that an attack was imminent, there was no intelligence on the area? Nothing? No advance planning? The American military were completely blindsided by a bunch of ragtag terrorists and you use that as an excuse for the loss of lives. You apparently want a military where no one gets hurt but, if they do, it's every man and woman for themselves. This high level ignorance of the situation should not be an excuse. Instead it should be the cause of more firings.

    Diplomat: U.S. Special Forces told "you can't go" to Benghazi during attacks - CBS News
    Yes sometimes intelligence fails, and sometimes the American military despite its best efforts is blindsided. Like 9/11/2001, no one saw that coming, not to mention the Iraq War where the US blindsided itself. To call them a bunch of "ragtag terrorists" is to grossly underestimate their intelligence and capability.

    But again, for the second time I have to say this, I'm not talking about decision making going back to June or whenever there were previous warnings, I'm talking about decision making on the night of the attack alone.

  3. #103
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Why are you so intent on "making honest assesments of the situation " all of the sudden ?

    It's not really your forte as you clearly lack even the modest amount of knowledge needed to make a accurate assesment of America's military capabillity.

    The extent of your military knowledge stops right where it benefits your narrative.

    You DO realize we don't use muskets and 8 pound cannon's any more don't you ?
    here you go
    find out how long into the surprise assault on benghazi that the Americans were killed
    now compare those few minutes with the amount of time required to mobilize an assault/extraction team and place them on site
    share with us how you could have done that in the few minutes prior to the Americans being killed
    impress us with your 'military knowledge'
    my prediction is you will absolutely run from this challenge
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #104
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    here you go
    find out how long into the surprise assault on benghazi that the Americans were killed
    now compare those few minutes with the amount of time required to mobilize an assault/extraction team and place them on site
    share with us how you could have done that in the few minutes prior to the Americans being killed
    impress us with your 'military knowledge'
    my prediction is you will absolutely run from this challenge
    The two ex-SEALS were killed after seven hours of fighting. One came from Tripoli to get into the fight. I'm sure they fought on in the expectation that their brothers were coming. There's a Roland-at-the-bridge quality to this story.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #105
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The two ex-SEALS were killed after seven hours of fighting. One came from Tripoli to get into the fight. I'm sure they fought on in the expectation that their brothers were coming. There's a Roland-at-the-bridge quality to this story.
    you are referring to the contractors
    are you confused into believing they are members of the state department?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #106
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you are referring to the contractors
    are you confused into believing they are members of the state department?
    They were Americans fighting on behalf of the US government. Moreover, like all USG-affiliated personnel in Libya, they were under the authority of the US Acting Chief of Mission.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #107
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    They were Americans fighting on behalf of the US government. Moreover, like all USG-affiliated personnel in Libya, they were under the authority of the US Acting Chief of Mission.
    but they were not members of the state department
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #108
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The two ex-SEALS were killed after seven hours of fighting. One came from Tripoli to get into the fight. I'm sure they fought on in the expectation that their brothers were coming. There's a Roland-at-the-bridge quality to this story.
    I hope you are not conflating the attack on Stevens compound with the attack on the CIA compound which happened @ 2 hours later....and is located @ 1.2 miles away.

    Benghazi compounds.JPG
    Benghazi: The CIA “Annex” and the Main Compound | In-Extremis
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-18-13 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #109
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I hope you are not conflating the attack on Stevens compound with the attack on the CIA compound which happened @ 2 hours later....and is located @ 1.2 miles away.

    of course he is
    when the facts are examined, the death of the American ambassador occurred within minutes of the surprise assault
    appears they have finally recognized there was no reasonable military action which could have prevented his death
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #110
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mcclatchy: amabasador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    of course he is
    when the facts are examined, the death of the American ambassador occurred within minutes of the surprise assault
    appears they have finally recognized there was no reasonable military action which could have prevented his death
    Agree, but just to note, Stevens received his terminal injuries within minutes, he remained "alive" for a few hours after.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •