Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 217

Thread: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    01-12-14 @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    IRS Rejected Group on Behalf of Planned Parenthood
    The IRS scandal of targeting tea party or conservative organizations grew deeper Wednesday with the revelation that the agency denied tax-exempt status to a pro-life organization because of its hypothetical opposition of Planned Parenthood. The Thomas Moore Society, a public interest law firm announced that one of their clients was told that their approval as a non-profit was conditioned on a commitment not to protest outside Planned Parenthood abortion clinics.
    IRS Rejected Group on Behalf of Planned Parenthood.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    I still claim that this fish is rotting and stinks from the head. Just how many conservative groups have been harassed and bullied by low level IRS agents directed from the top and I mean Obama appointees like Tim Geithner.

  2. #162
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wehrwolfen View Post
    IRS Rejected Group on Behalf of Planned Parenthood
    The IRS scandal of targeting tea party or conservative organizations grew deeper Wednesday with the revelation that the agency denied tax-exempt status to a pro-life organization because of its hypothetical opposition of Planned Parenthood. The Thomas Moore Society, a public interest law firm announced that one of their clients was told that their approval as a non-profit was conditioned on a commitment not to protest outside Planned Parenthood abortion clinics.
    IRS Rejected Group on Behalf of Planned Parenthood.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    I still claim that this fish is rotting and stinks from the head. Just how many conservative groups have been harassed and bullied by low level IRS agents directed from the top and I mean Obama appointees like Tim Geithner.
    Why should a pro-life movement group get a tax exemption?

  3. #163
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Conservatives need more help citing information to back up their claims, so when you provide their official source, it helps them.


    Unfunded pension liabilities are the dark cloud on the horizon of state budgets; a cloud totaling trillions of dollars, as SBS reported this year. Though they represent unavoidable fiscal debt, pension liabilities often slip under the radar when states tally up their spending, thanks to their status as "future payments" and accounting games. Aggressive pension reform is urgently needed in almost every state.

    Read more: Pensions > Issues and Solutions > State Budget Solutions



    Now, care to get back to the issue, or is your training require you to stick to strawman points?

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    01-12-14 @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Comic Sans overload... Arial or Helvetica is better for reading.

    Conservative groups are not under attack. As far as I know, those with overtly political names were given extra scrutiny when applying for tax exemptions.
    See:


    IRS admits bias against conservative political groups for tax ...
    IRS admits bias against conservative political groups for tax-exempt status | World news | guardian.co.uk

    The Guardian6 days ago

    May 10, 2013 "Today's acknowledgement by the Obama administration that the IRS did in fact target conservative groups in ... harassed by the IRS. ... 501 (c) (4) of

    Why deny the facts when people have already admitted it?

  5. #165
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post




    Yep!

  6. #166
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,360

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Why should a pro-life movement group get a tax exemption?
    No group should, but since they do, the rules should be applied equally across the political board.

  7. #167
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Why should a pro-life movement group get a tax exemption?
    Because a pro-abortion one does?

  8. #168
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Yep!


    And then, poof, they're gone...

  9. #169
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post


    And then, poof, they're gone...
    I've noticed they go away quickly when they've been busted !!

    Hi Ocean & Hi Polgara hope alls well just reading posts.

  10. #170
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Because a pro-abortion one does?
    Which pro-abortion socio-political movement gets a tax exemption? I am genuinely curious.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •