Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 217

Thread: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

  1. #91
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Don't know, but this way he gets his full severence package and keeps retirement benefits.
    then he gets to retire

    so, was he fired? you insisted if he was, he would lose those benefits
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, humbolt.

    Miller was appointed IRS Commissioner by BHO in November 2012, after the previous Commissioner, who was appointed by Bush, left. According to what I have read, it appears that the targeting of certain groups was not a secret within the IRS, but it was never mentioned to Congress during hearings. It took complaining by those groups targeted to bring this mess into public awareness!

    Now Miller is "resigning," even though he was going to retire in a few weeks anyway, with all benefits? How convenient.

    Perhaps if BHO had not targeted Republicans many times as the "enemy," just because they didn't agree with him, this never would have occurred. Too many people apparently took that message to heart! :
    What's so "chilling," since this is the word de jour, is that it wasn't just Republicans and independents being targeted. Israelis were too and even Billy Graham's venerable organization. We're talking about a scary number of "targets," even those interested in educating others about the Constitution of the United States of America.

  3. #93
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then he gets to retire

    so, was he fired? you insisted if he was, he would lose those benefits
    I think you're misunderstanding something in my posts. I was merely noting what the headlines are now saying and how it has changed.

  4. #94
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, humbolt.

    Miller was appointed IRS Commissioner by BHO in November 2012, after the previous Commissioner, who was appointed by Bush, left. According to what I have read, it appears that the targeting of certain groups was not a secret within the IRS, but it was never mentioned to Congress during hearings. It took complaining by those groups targeted to bring this mess into public awareness!

    Now Miller is "resigning," even though he was going to retire in a few weeks anyway, with all benefits? How convenient.

    Perhaps if BHO had not targeted Republicans many times as the "enemy," just because they didn't agree with him, this never would have occurred. Too many people apparently took that message to heart! :
    You bet. Miller gets his pension and benefits. That's retirement - not firing. Somebody somewhere high in the IRS and perhaps beyond directed this. It isn't just a few enthusiastic drones. Drones are drones because they follow the direction of others. It's the others we need to identify. And I agree that the demonization of the political right was more than just words. Stuff like this puts teeth in that effort.

  5. #95
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    You bet. Miller gets his pension and benefits. That's retirement - not firing. Somebody somewhere high in the IRS and perhaps beyond directed this. It isn't just a few enthusiastic drones. Drones are drones because they follow the direction of others. It's the others we need to identify. And I agree that the demonization of the political right was more than just words. Stuff like this puts teeth in that effort.
    Of course, the first attempt to trivialize the issue as the work of some underlings in Ohio, is now buried by revelations the mighty IRS was marching people through hoops from various offices around the country.

    Southern California Offices Named in IRS Tea Party Scandal | NBC Southern California

    Unfortunately I am quite familiar with the El Monte Office of the IRS. It's an arm pit office. Unimaginable anyone in that office would have acted on their own. This scandle has many branches, and I believe the roots run really deep.

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    I've persistently heard Cincinnati mentioned.

  7. #97
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Of course, the first attempt to trivialize the issue as the work of some underlings in Ohio, is now buried by revelations the mighty IRS was marching people through hoops from various offices around the country.

    Southern California Offices Named in IRS Tea Party Scandal | NBC Southern California

    Unfortunately I am quite familiar with the El Monte Office of the IRS. It's an arm pit office. Unimaginable anyone in that office would have acted on their own. This scandle has many branches, and I believe the roots run really deep.
    Is it time yet for a FLAT TAX ??

  8. #98
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding something in my posts. I was merely noting what the headlines are now saying and how it has changed.
    no
    you insisted there was a difference in outcome based upon whether he was fired or if he resigned
    i was forcing you to see that your assertion was quite wrong
    the outcome was the same
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #99
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    Is it time yet for a FLAT TAX ??
    Perhaps it is.

    Everyone should have skin in the game. No working person should be shielded from federal income taxes.

  10. #100
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Acting IRS commissioner resigns in wake of agency scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no
    you insisted there was a difference in outcome based upon whether he was fired or if he resigned
    i was forcing you to see that your assertion was quite wrong
    the outcome was the same
    Thanks for illustrating your misunderstanding. Didn't say the outcome was different, he's still gone from the position. What is different is the public perception of what happened (Obama fired the guy as opposed to the guy resigned and retired). One suggests the POTUS took a stand, the other, not so much.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •