Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 135

Thread: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    What I'd like to see is Holder stepping down. I was appalled when he was tapped for the AG job, but he has proven himself to be evasive and unaware (and I'm being generous here).

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    I agree that whoever it was who decided to do this shouldn't just be relieved of their job, they should be prosecuted.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Way to go Boner, I have been wondering this myself. These people in the IRS have messed with the underlying trust we are supposed to have in the IRS and using the dept for political purposes should get you jail time. Not only that but if threatened with incarceration tongues would loosen up and we might find out how high up this goes.


    "Speaking about the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative political groups, House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday said "clearly someone violated the law" and questioned who would be put in prison for the agency's actions. "My question isn't about who's going to resign, my question is, who is going to jail?" Boehner said at a press briefing with Republican leaders. President Barack Obama on Tuesday night said some IRS employees failed to be impartial in their work and that they must be held accountable."



    Boehner questions who will go to jail in IRS case - MarketWatch
    Himself, probably. Taxing the middle class is the life blood of the GOP. Without it, it couldn't afford its multi-trillion dollar military ejaculations.

  4. #54
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Heads will roll. because once you threaten some one with a criminal conviction they will be jumping at the chance to squeal and start pointing the finger up the ladder to keep from going to jail
    Obama should be scared very scared he should start packing his bags now
    Maybe so, but setting aside certain applications for tax exempt status doesn't equate to a criminal offense. It might be against protocol; you could considering an ethics violation per company policy, but it's not a criminal act. Disposing of said applications or tampering/altering such - now that's an entirely different story.

    Mind you, I'm not saying I agree with what the federal employees did. I'm just saying that based on my understanding of events this doesn't amount to legal prosecution. Yes, folks should be fired for "purposely" showing a bias against one group of applicants over another if that is truly what happened, but it's not criminal. Just bad workplace protocol.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Maybe so, but setting aside certain applications for tax exempt status doesn't equate to a criminal offense. It might be against protocol; you could considering an ethics violation per company policy, but it's not a criminal act. Disposing of said applications or tampering/altering such - now that's an entirely different story.

    Mind you, I'm not saying I agree with what the federal employees did. I'm just saying that based on my understanding of events this doesn't amount to legal prosecution. Yes, folks should be fired for "purposely" showing a bias against one group of applicants over another if that is truly what happened, but it's not criminal. Just bad workplace protocol.
    It is a civil rights violation, It is discrimination. It is just as illegal to discriminate based on political affiliation as it would be for race

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Way to go Boner, I have been wondering this myself. These people in the IRS have messed with the underlying trust we are supposed to have in the IRS and using the dept for political purposes should get you jail time. Not only that but if threatened with incarceration tongues would loosen up and we might find out how high up this goes.


    "Speaking about the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative political groups, House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday said "clearly someone violated the law" and questioned who would be put in prison for the agency's actions. "My question isn't about who's going to resign, my question is, who is going to jail?" Boehner said at a press briefing with Republican leaders. President Barack Obama on Tuesday night said some IRS employees failed to be impartial in their work and that they must be held accountable."



    Boehner questions who will go to jail in IRS case - MarketWatch
    Ethically and morally someonse stepped in it, but what was the actual law that was broken? I have been wondering what law was broken here for a while. Especially considering the IRS is supposed to look for improper usage of tax exempt codes. Because of their special nature these organizations actually have to do more reporting than a normal corporation to maintain their status, and they do have to go through a more rigorous application process. So going over their application is not actually breaking the law. I would hope boehner comes up with some charges in regards to actual legal statutes. You cannot just have the prosecutor go to court and say these people broke the law. Charges involved the actual law they broke and not some vague ascertation pumped out for a soundbite so boehner can look all hard.

    On top of that boehner might want to pull back on all the smack talk. This may not be the democrats. It may very well be that a democrat leaning person decided this. It could also be a lazy person decided to use profiling to make their job easier with a rash of new applications that are coming from tax dodgers. Even more interesting this could be republican backlash since the tea party is actually their opponent and not democrats. Yeah, the tea party is pulling the radical right from the republican ranks. They were all on the right already. It is not like they went after "conservative" groups. They went after tea party groups. if it were the dems there should be some going after of groups like crossroads GPS and the heritage foundation. Instead they targeted things like patriot, tea party, and 9/12. On top of that why the hell would the dems confess to something like this knowing the fallout? If this really were a democrat why would you just confess you did this? If you are a republican you confess because it will damage the dems, and you did your damage to the tea party already.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Ethically and morally someonse stepped in it, but what was the actual law that was broken? I have been wondering what law was broken here for a while. Especially considering the IRS is supposed to look for improper usage of tax exempt codes. Because of their special nature these organizations actually have to do more reporting than a normal corporation to maintain their status, and they do have to go through a more rigorous application process. So going over their application is not actually breaking the law. I would hope boehner comes up with some charges in regards to actual legal statutes. You cannot just have the prosecutor go to court and say these people broke the law. Charges involved the actual law they broke and not some vague ascertation pumped out for a soundbite so boehner can look all hard.

    On top of that boehner might want to pull back on all the smack talk. This may not be the democrats. It may very well be that a democrat leaning person decided this. It could also be a lazy person decided to use profiling to make their job easier with a rash of new applications that are coming from tax dodgers. Even more interesting this could be republican backlash since the tea party is actually their opponent and not democrats. Yeah, the tea party is pulling the radical right from the republican ranks. They were all on the right already. It is not like they went after "conservative" groups. They went after tea party groups. if it were the dems there should be some going after of groups like crossroads GPS and the heritage foundation. Instead they targeted things like patriot, tea party, and 9/12. On top of that why the hell would the dems confess to something like this knowing the fallout? If this really were a democrat why would you just confess you did this? If you are a republican you confess because it will damage the dems, and you did your damage to the tea party already.
    The law that was broken was targeting groups for their politics. That should scare you very much, Dem's won't always be in power you know and if the IRS starts doing the bidding of whichever party is in power our democracy is in serious trouble.

  9. #59
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Exactly. I think who ever did it deserves jail. I just beleive it would be too stupid for a second term president to do or allow if he has any knowledge of it. I just dont believe it goes very high.
    If Obama didn't know about it, then it proves that the government is way too big to manage and needs to be downsized and some of the power needs to be taken out of the hands of the people that currently have it.

    Or, Obama is far too incompetent to manage the government he's supposed to be running.

    Rush Limbaugh made a brilliant analogy this morning: What if the CEO of BP had said, "Gee, I dunno"? Would that have been exceptable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Bohner who will go to jail in IRS case

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Ethically and morally someonse stepped in it, but what was the actual law that was broken? I have been wondering what law was broken here for a while. Especially considering the IRS is supposed to look for improper usage of tax exempt codes. Because of their special nature these organizations actually have to do more reporting than a normal corporation to maintain their status, and they do have to go through a more rigorous application process. So going over their application is not actually breaking the law. I would hope boehner comes up with some charges in regards to actual legal statutes. You cannot just have the prosecutor go to court and say these people broke the law. Charges involved the actual law they broke and not some vague ascertation pumped out for a soundbite so boehner can look all hard.

    On top of that boehner might want to pull back on all the smack talk. This may not be the democrats. It may very well be that a democrat leaning person decided this. It could also be a lazy person decided to use profiling to make their job easier with a rash of new applications that are coming from tax dodgers. Even more interesting this could be republican backlash since the tea party is actually their opponent and not democrats. Yeah, the tea party is pulling the radical right from the republican ranks. They were all on the right already. It is not like they went after "conservative" groups. They went after tea party groups. if it were the dems there should be some going after of groups like crossroads GPS and the heritage foundation. Instead they targeted things like patriot, tea party, and 9/12. On top of that why the hell would the dems confess to something like this knowing the fallout? If this really were a democrat why would you just confess you did this? If you are a republican you confess because it will damage the dems, and you did your damage to the tea party already.
    It's called, The Constitution of The United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •