Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    They aren't opinion pieces.
    Yes, since the economy is pretty much going upward they are just chicken little pieces. Now who cannot support their opinion when presented with real world facts like economy strength and jobs being good despite the opinions of the biased news tools?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post

    They were at record levels the day before the 2007 crash. So care to explain why the stock market should be used to judge anything?
    because it is an actual economic indicator that along with job growth shows our economy is actually in the state of recovery and not decline despite the claims of your sources saying otherwise without any real world backing at all? Oh, and the 2007 crash was before obama and way before Obamacare. Why don't you bring up the great depression if you are going to pretend the 2007 crash was the fault of a policy that had not even been presented anywhere but MA under mittens romnifeller?

    you have the nerve to bitch at me for having no facts to back up my argument and then you pull this crap? Typical Conservative fantasy BS. Not only did i beat your argument in the opinion area, but I have now also trashed you with facts you cannot deny. I think it is time for me to take a bow.

  2. #12
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,666

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    [QUOTE=tererun;1061810369]There are more jobs every month

    Not really true either. About 150,000 people enter the workforce every month, so any jobs numbers less than 150k are a net addition to unemployment. The difference in the U3 numbers has been driven heavily by the number of people leaving the workforce. Our participation rate still is abysmal with only 63.3% of able bodied Americans in the job force... many more flooding to the disability rolls every day.

    unlike before obamacare was passed when we were losing jobs every month.
    Obamacare is creating jobs now? What nonsense... Can we also blame Benghazi on Obamacare? Seems to me our Ambassador was more alive before Obamacare too!


    So can you please point to something other than a partisan reporters opinion the US is collapsing from obamacare?
    So, are they a partisan reporter because they are reporting bad things about Obamacare, then? Are they a partisan reporter for quoting small business owners afraid of the new tax liabilities they are facing in 2014?

    I am very happy you think the newspapers are the word of god, but they are opinions.
    HahHAHAHhaha*cough*hahahah! This statement needs no further response.


    They are opinions that seem to even ignore that the market is up at record levels.
    Again, when the market first broke its all time record a few weeks ago, the record it was breaking was from the day before the market collapse. Would you consider the stock market levels of the first half of 2007 to be a great indicator of the future economy? NOOOOOOOPE. Stocks are a measure of investor confidence, but that is not a real measure of weather the confidence has merit.


    More later when I have time.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    In our conversations with management, they are less concerned with the tax than they are having to insure adjunct instructors. Still, the public option would have been better all around.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #14
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Tererun, you offer absolutely zero counter argument to the articles in the New York Times and Washington Post, just derision and limp attempts at misdirection. Do you actually have a real counter argument here?
    No, he doesn't.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yes, since the economy is pretty much going upward they are just chicken little pieces. Now who cannot support their opinion when presented with real world facts like economy strength and jobs being good despite the opinions of the biased news tools?



    because it is an actual economic indicator that along with job growth shows our economy is actually in the state of recovery and not decline despite the claims of your sources saying otherwise without any real world backing at all? Oh, and the 2007 crash was before obama and way before Obamacare. Why don't you bring up the great depression if you are going to pretend the 2007 crash was the fault of a policy that had not even been presented anywhere but MA under mittens romnifeller?

    you have the nerve to bitch at me for having no facts to back up my argument and then you pull this crap? Typical Conservative fantasy BS. Not only did i beat your argument in the opinion area, but I have now also trashed you with facts you cannot deny. I think it is time for me to take a bow.
    Do you call a growth of less then 2% a recovery. That is like trying to fill a swimming pool with a table spoon. Do you call having less in the work force then we had 30 years ago a sign of a strong jobs market.
    I know you are trying to use the glass half full half empty type of argument. if it was the case that the glass is half full you might have a point but the glass isn't half full or half empty the dam glass only has a few drops in it, and you want to celebrate for those few drops?
    Last edited by trfjr; 05-15-13 at 10:44 AM.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post

    Not really true either. About 150,000 people enter the workforce every month, so any jobs numbers less than 150k are a net addition to unemployment. The difference in the U3 numbers has been driven heavily by the number of people leaving the workforce. Our participation rate still is abysmal with only 63.3% of able bodied Americans in the job force... many more flooding to the disability rolls every day.
    In case you have not noticed there are actually more jobs. As opposed to 2008 when bush was in power when we were actually losing jobs. And net unemployment has gone down. You cannot blame everything on the lie that SSD actually took up all the slack unless you have some actual numbers to prove that the SSD disability roles actually went up enough to cover the people out of work. Still, more jobs this month than last are still more jobs this month than last. It is still not less jobs which was what we were doing before Obamacare was implemented and before obama was president, but I will wait for you to back up your claims with the numbers proving all those people fell out of the workforce and into SSD.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Obamacare is creating jobs now?
    Actually, i never claimed that, but feel free to argue a completely different point when you can no longer argue the original. The economy is creating jobs. It is doing so despite your, and the op ed pieces claims, that it is killing jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    What nonsense... Can we also blame Benghazi on Obamacare? Seems to me our Ambassador was more alive before Obamacare too!
    WTF does this have to do with Obamacare and job....Forget it this is what it is. You are trying to bring in a completely different subject because you ahvbe failed miserable to even rationalize your piss poor opinions. You just spout out some completely partisan talking point without any attachment to the topic at hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So, are they a partisan reporter because they are reporting bad things about Obamacare, then? Are they a partisan reporter for quoting small business owners afraid of the new tax liabilities they are facing in 2014?
    they are partisan for a couple of reasons. First many employers already fill their unskilled labor positions with PT people. this is because they have always offered up benefits for FT employees. That has always been around and Romneycare has not changed that reality at all. Anyone who has ever worked retail knows they hate hiring full time grunts. FT work is a carrot offered up in front of PT workers so they try and work harder. Romneycare did not change that and make it happen. It has always been there before romneycare was imposed in MA. The second reason it is partisan is it ignores the economy improving to pretend it is spiralling downward. pretty much the hackery you are performing here. Third is that it is unsupported opinion pieces parading as fact to fool weak minded people. Who was the one touting opinions of the partisan hacks in the news as fact again despirte clear evidence to the contrary?


    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    HahHAHAHhaha*cough*hahahah! This statement needs no further response.
    yeah, at this point there is not much response you have for your misguided ideas. Well, i guess you could try screaming benghazi again and hope i fall for it this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Again, when the market first broke its all time record a few weeks ago, the record it was breaking was from the day before the market collapse. Would you consider the stock market levels of the first half of 2007 to be a great indicator of the future economy? NOOOOOOOPE. Stocks are a measure of investor confidence, but that is not a real measure of weather the confidence has merit.
    Evidence does not have merrit because you wish it doesn't have merrit. Unfortunately it does have merrit and the economy has broken record despite obamacare which you have failed to explain at all while claiming the economy is trashed because of obamacare. you are completely ignoring the recession that occurred and the recovery because it obviously shows you are full of crap. But don't let any of that stop you, please do show us some actual evidence the economy is collapsing like you are claiming.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    More later when I have time.
    Please do yourself a favor. you spouted your partisan nonsense. you spouted your distraction cry of benghazi where it had no business. You cannot bring up a single fact or piece of evidence. Just quit while you are behind.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Do you call a growth of less then 2% a recovery. That is like trying to fill a swimming pool with a table spoon. Do you call having less in the work force then we had 30 years ago a sign of a strong jobs market.
    I know you are trying to use the glass half full half empty type of argument. if it was the case that the glass is half full you might have a point but the glass isn't half full or half empty the dam glass only has a few drops in it, and you want to celebrate for those few drops?
    First off relate that to obamacare which will involve relating the recession to a policy that did not exist at the time. Second show how the economy is in a present state of decline. You are just making a claim it is not improving well enough for you, not that we are in a downward spiral. You people made the claims now back your crap up with something resembling a fact and not just a pile ion by the uninformed and really gullible. I could sit in a church and argue science fact and be outnumbered by idiots who think the world is 6000 years old and that does not make their opinions facts. you are going to have to do something better than popularity among the blind.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No, he doesn't.
    yeah, because the record levels of the economy and increased employment while we are supposed to be dying from obamacare are absolutely nothing because they completely blow your false argument out of the water and you cannot regard facts when you live in an illusory bubble.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,044

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Please do yourself a favor. you spouted your partisan nonsense. you spouted your distraction cry of benghazi where it had no business. You cannot bring up a single fact or piece of evidence. Just quit while you are behind.
    Ironic. You've had your head handed to you, and you don't even know it. LOL

  10. #20
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Health Insurance Tax ‘Scares The Daylights’ Out Of Some Small-Business Owners [W:21]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    yeah, because the record levels of the economy and increased employment while we are supposed to be dying from obamacare are absolutely nothing because they completely blow your false argument out of the water and you cannot regard facts when you live in an illusory bubble.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I've made no such argument.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •