Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89

Thread: DC Turns On Obama

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    DC Turns On Obama

    The town is turning on President Obama – and this is very bad news for this White House.

    Republicans have waited five years for the moment to put the screws to Obama – and they have one-third of all congressional committees on the case now. Establishment Democrats, never big fans of this president to begin with, are starting to speak out. And reporters are tripping over themselves to condemn lies, bullying and shadiness in the Obama administration.

    Buy-in from all three D.C. stakeholders is an essential ingredient for a good old fashioned Washington pile-on — so get ready for bad stories and public scolding to pile-up.

    Obama’s aloof mien and holier-than-thou rhetoric have left him with little reservoir of good will, even among Democrats. And the press, after years of being accused of being soft on Obama while being berated by West Wing aides on matters big and small, now has every incentive to be as ruthless as can be.

    This White House’s instinctive petulance, arrogance and defensiveness have all worked together to isolate Obama at a time when he most needs a support system. “It feel like they don’t know what they’re here to do,” a former senior Obama administration official said. “When there’s no narrative, stuff like this consumes you.”

    Republican outrage is predictable, maybe even manageable. Democratic outrage is not.

    The dam of solid Democratic solidarity has collapsed, starting with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd’s weekend scolding of the White House over Benghazi, then gushing with the news the Justice Department had sucked-up an absurdly broad swath of Associated Press phone records.

    Democrats are privately befuddled by the White House’s flat-footed handling of this P.R. and legal mess, blaming a combination of bad timing, hubris and communications ineptitude. The most charitable defense offered up on background is that Obama staffers are scandal virgins, unaccustomed to dealing with a rabid press.

    None of this is going away. Top Republicans tell us the Benghazi investigations will last at least months, and probably until the midterms of 2014 and beyond. Same for the IRS scandal - and new scrutiny of how the Obama White House clamps down on its critics. Republicans are also working up plans to use the backdrop of government incompetence and over-reach to try to further undermine implementation of the new health care law.

    The long-term danger is that the political system and the public start to view the president, his motives and ideas through a more skeptical lens. The short-term danger is the press races for new details, new scandals, new expressions of indignity with each passing day. Read Tuesday morning editorial pages of every paper for a taste of things to come. Or watch a re-run of Tuesday’s “Morning Joe,” where reporters made it sound like Obama is a modern day Nixon.

    ““And it goes beyond even the story,” National Journal’s Ron Fournier, who covered the Clinton and Bush scandals and was once the AP Washington bureau chief, said on the show. “One common thing with Benghazi and the IRS scandal, is we’re being misled every day. We were lied to on Benghazi, on the talking points behind Benghazi, for months. We were lied to by the IRS for months and now they’re sending a clear message to our sources: Don’t embarrass the administration or we’re coming after you.”
    Behind the Curtain: D.C. turns on Obama - POLITICO.com

    i haven't said a word

    joust with the journolisters

  2. #2
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,246

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    The IRS scandal was released Friday, and it's a scandal that can easily be isolated, as any direct connection to Obama or Hillary would be hard to prove.

    Right in the middle of Benghazi, it would seem it was intentional, as Obama just chose a different scandal for the media to capitalize on.

    Notice their immediate attention to the IRS scandal as they continue to ignore Benghazi, a scandal that is directly attributed to Obama and Hillary. And Obama's false outrage.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    At least they found a new scandal to latch onto. This one is much better anyway, because no one likes the IRS so associating obama with that ends up being much better for them. Still nothing on the illegal front for obama, but this will certainly make sure he doesn't get elected next time. you guys have totally stopped his chances in 2016. Congratulations you have done well, and all of that effort has been well worth this hard won victory for you.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The IRS scandal was released Friday, and it's a scandal that can easily be isolated, as any direct connection to Obama or Hillary would be hard to prove.

    Right in the middle of Benghazi, it would seem it was intentional, as Obama just chose a different scandal for the media to capitalize on.

    Notice their immediate attention to the IRS scandal as they continue to ignore Benghazi, a scandal that is directly attributed to Obama and Hillary. And Obama's false outrage.
    The Nixon IRS scandal was part of his articles of impeachment even though they didn't directly tie it to him
    It wasn't just Watergate that Congress was going to impeach Nixon with there was many charges some not directly tied to him. so the same can happen to Obama

  5. #5
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,246

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    The Nixon IRS scandal was part of his articles of impeachment even though they didn't directly tie it to him
    It wasn't just Watergate that Congress was going to impeach Nixon with there was many charges some not directly tied to him. so the same can happen to Obama
    Nixon was never impeached, and he was 100 times the leader Obama is. He got a raw deal IMO.

    Nixon of course, had a media that wanted him gone, and that turned Republican support away from him.

    Obama has a complicit media, I still think they will back him.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  6. #6
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,246

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    At least they found a new scandal to latch onto. This one is much better anyway, because no one likes the IRS so associating obama with that ends up being much better for them. Still nothing on the illegal front for obama, but this will certainly make sure he doesn't get elected next time. you guys have totally stopped his chances in 2016. Congratulations you have done well, and all of that effort has been well worth this hard won victory for you.
    We didn't find anything. Obama handed it to us on a silver platter.

    How about you stop electing low lifes ? It's a thought.

    If you do, at least be prepared for the inevitable, that they will eventually be outed.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  7. #7
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    We didn't find anything. Obama handed it to us on a silver platter.

    How about you stop electing low lifes ? It's a thought.

    If you do, at least be prepared for the inevitable, that they will eventually be outed.
    Iran-Contra, Valerie Plame, etc...

    Even if the absolute worst was true of Obama, I would say the right's performance has been underwhelming enough that nobody has to impress them.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    We didn't find anything. Obama handed it to us on a silver platter.
    Yes, Obama magically controlled the IRS to do this without any correspondence at all. I am sure that will pass for evidence. You can get up there and testify you know all about obama's psychic powers he got from the same guy who sold him the time machine he went back and forged his birth certificate and birth notifications with. About the only thing you found is that PACs should not be able to hide their donors, and they probably should also be taxed as they seem to generate a lot of money and serve no other purpose than to hide money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    How about you stop electing low lifes ? It's a thought.
    How about the republican party stop running people who are much much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    If you do, at least be prepared for the inevitable, that they will eventually be outed.
    They are called politicians for a reason. the silly part here is you think yours are honest little angels who would never do anything wrong.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    this morning wapo's factchecker gave obama 4 pinochios for claiming he called benghazi an act of terrorism

    Obama's claim he called Benghazi an 'act of terrorism' - The Washington Post

    presumably ms candy will have earned herself a proboscis or two

    either way, when you've lost wapo...

    bid bye bye to the beltway

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nixon was never impeached, and he was 100 times the leader Obama is. He got a raw deal IMO.

    Nixon of course, had a media that wanted him gone, and that turned Republican support away from him.

    Obama has a complicit media, I still think they will back him.
    I understand he left office before the impeachment hearings, but the articles were drawn up and the IRS scandal was part of it even though they never directly tied that to him
    so the same can be done to Obama

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •