Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89

Thread: DC Turns On Obama

  1. #31
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Please tell me that's not actually your theory on the "connection."
    It's not a theory, like Obama always say we have an ongoing investigation and until all the fact are in.................................
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #32
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You guys are building yourselves up into
    the same tizzy as you were leading up
    to the 2012 election. What you seem to be so slow to learn is that when everything is a scandal, nothing is a scandal. That's not because nothing is actually a legitimate scandal, it's just that the real ones end up getting buried in noise that is ultimately indistinguishable from hysteria and conspiracy theories. The end result is people stop paying attention of fatigue and just roll their eyes.

    There's a reason why "choose your battles wisely" is wisdom.
    Look, if youv'e sold out every ounce of integrity and objectivity to back a corrupt ideology and a corrupt President then there is nothing I can do for you.

    Just realize there are people here, most on the right who use the truth to shape their ideology, not the other way around.

    So if you can't objectivley step out side of your "Obama Lust" box, and imagine what the consequences would be if GW Bush was trying to deal with these scandals, then head off to the Democrat Underground Circle Jerk, and preach to like minded individuals.

    There is NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING honest that is comming out of this administration now.

    The IRS scandal was released purposely, to pull focus away from Benghazi, to give the subjective press a chance to Mime a representation of objectivity because Obama knows he can distance himself from it.

    That the normal Govt controls set in place to seperate the IRS and the Executive Branch would be enough to shield him from any direct association.

  3. #33
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Look, if youv'e sold out every ounce of integrity and objectivity to back a corrupt ideology and a corrupt President then there is nothing I can do for you.

    Just realize there are people here, most on the right who use the truth to shape their ideology, not the other way around.

    So if you can't objectivley step out side of your "Obama Lust" box, and imagine what the consequences would be if GW Bush was trying to deal with these scandals, then head off to the Democrat Underground Circle Jerk, and preach to like minded individuals.

    There is NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING honest that is comming out of this administration now.

    The IRS scandal was released purposely, to pull focus away from Benghazi, to give the subjective press a chance to Mime a representation of objectivity because Obama knows he can distance himself from it.

    That the normal Govt controls set in place to seperate the IRS and the Executive Branch would be enough to shield him from any direct association.
    Not being in agreement with every single thing being a scandal does not equal "Obama lust." I just don't automatically leap to the conclusion that every single story is tied in to him. I guess I have to repeat this: I believe the AP scandal is a legitimate scandal. Whoever made the order (yes, even if that's Obama) needs to pay for it. And I do in fact find it plausible that Obama may have made the order himself simply in light of his past and frequent disregard for privacy and civil liberties. But this IRS thing and Benghazi, much like birtherism, is noise and idiocy. I'm just able to tell the difference between them better than you.

    As for the idea of the IRS story being released deliberately, you don't make the Federal government look good by making it look bad.

  4. #34
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    It's not a theory, like Obama always say we have an ongoing investigation and until all the fact are in.................................
    So you'll just assume Obama is to blame anyway, then.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    The IRS/ Tea Party mess, Benghazi, the AP taps, and let's not forget Fast and Furious. It looks like the wheels are coming off this administration. "Most transparent administration ever".

  6. #36
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    [QUOTE=Mithros;1061811438]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post

    These groups should have been investigated and they did not deserve to get 501(c)(4) status. These are not social welfare organizations, they are clearly PACs that should have filed as 527s. This was done not for tax status, (you get the exact same status as a 527), but to hide their donors. What we're looking at is a concerted effort to launder money into the political process by both right and leftwing organizations.

    Saying that these groups are not political is like saying that the DNC and RNC are just Social Welfare organizations with missions to educate voters about the evils of the other side. They're political organizations. I mean, if you use Tea Party in your name... kind of by definition you're a political organization.

    The problem isn't that these groups were targeted, the problem is that the criteria used select them was politically biased. It's not that they were unfairly targeted, its' that other liberal groups may have been unfairly NOT targeted.


    Also, this was all overseen by a Republican nominated by Bush.
    Whats hilarious is the latest spin coming from Axelrod is paraphrased: "government is so big how can the President possibly know what all his people are doing?" IE, they are playing the plausible deniability card. They arent even pretending to hold up your argument they are still playing dumb.

    Thanks for making an excellent argument for smaller government there Axel. If its not accountable to the Congress and the President now, why make it bigger so its not accountable to anyone?

  7. #37
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,422

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    The IRS/ Tea Party mess, Benghazi, the AP taps, and let's not forget Fast and Furious. It looks like the wheels are coming off this administration. "Most transparent administration ever".
    It's funny how fast that little incident was forgotten and by the same people who are usually for gun control. Oh the irony!
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #38
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    It's a good thing that Obama has a 'Carney' to run this sideshow.

    *badum tshh*

  9. #39
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Not being in agreement with every single thing being a scandal does not equal
    "Obama lust." I just don't automatically leap to the conclusion that every single story is tied in to him. I guess I have to repeat this: I believe the AP scandal is a legitimate scandal. Whoever made the order (yes, even if that's Obama) needs to pay for it. And I do in fact find it plausible that Obama may have made the order himself simply in light of his past and frequent disregard for privacy and civil liberties. But this IRS thing and Benghazi, much like birtherism, is noise and idiocy. I'm just able to tell the difference between them better than you.

    As for the idea of the IRS story being released deliberately, you don't make the Federal government look good by making it look bad.
    Who's leaping to conclusions ?

    By the standard alone of "the bucks stops here " there is enough evidence to prove he's a sorry leader.

    Look at their MO, the blame always falls back on some nameless, faceless low level bureaucrat, who never faces the consequences.

    Nice lesson our President is teaching the kids these days. You don't have to be held responsible if through dishonest finger pointing you can lead the blame away from yourself.

    I didn't vote for Obama, because I knew based on his books, his past associates and his political ideology that he was essentially a dishonest man with a huge axe to grind.

    Not a man who would wan't to become President and make America stronger, but a man who in every thread of his beings holds contempt for how this Country was founded.

    I don't need to refer you back to his " charter of negative liberties comment" do I ?

    So its no surprise to me, nor should it be to any other American that he's mired in scandal with a very sick economy to return to, and that his response to these scandals is to basically act like a 5 year old who just got caught with his hands in the Cookie Jar.

    Who knows, maybe something good will come out of this mess, maybe all of these low information voters who ignored red flag after red flag during his 2008 Candidacy, who blindly bought in to all of the Bush blame will learn a valuable lesson.

    That CHARACTER MATTERS.

    But then again, so many Americans have devolved down into these ignorant intellectual lazy life forms who rely on the Media to do their research for them.

    As long as they have some electronic device in front of their face and a McDonalds within 3 miles of their home life is good.
    Last edited by Fenton; 05-15-13 at 03:42 PM.

  10. #40
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,552
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: DC Turns On Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yes, Obama magically controlled the IRS to do this without any correspondence at all. I am sure that will pass for evidence. You can get up there and testify you know all about obama's psychic powers he got from the same guy who sold him the time machine he went back and forged his birth certificate and birth notifications with. About the only thing you found is that PACs should not be able to hide their donors, and they probably should also be taxed as they seem to generate a lot of money and serve no other purpose than to hide money.


    How about the republican party stop running people who are much much worse.


    They are called politicians for a reason. the silly part here is you think yours are honest little angels who would never do anything wrong.
    The Obama administration is more of a "fish rots from the head" situation. In other words the dishonesty, law breaking, divisiveness, rancor, personalization, polarization, and isolation practiced by the President against his opponents serves as the example and the underlinings all across the administration from the IRS to the ATF to the EPA to the Justice Department know what to do. That is to say, to stop at nothing. And now even Democrats and the news media are aghast and embarrassed at what they have wrought.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •