Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 869

Thread: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Wiretapping can only take place between a party in the US and a party outside the US, not on a call between two parties within the US, unless a warrant has been granted before the tap takes place. That's my understanding of the act.
    Right. But if the proper warrants have been issued, under the Patriot Act, hasn't alot of this extra power of surveillance already been legalized ?......................

  2. #72
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Right. But if the proper warrants have been issued, under the Patriot Act, hasn't alot of this extra power of surveillance already been legalized ?......................
    If a court issues the warrant, it's legal at that time - it can be challenged in court after the fact and the fruits of the warrant can be thrown out in any trial if found to be issued under false pretenses or improperly.

    By the way, good evening Bonz.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    If a court issues the warrant, it's legal at that time - it can be challenged in court after the fact and the fruits of the warrant can be thrown out in any trial if found to be issued under false pretenses or improperly.

    By the way, good evening Bonz.
    Hi, JC. But any warrant can be challenged in court after the fact and the fruits of the warrant can be thrown out in any trial if found to be issued under false pretenses or improperly...................Correct ?..................So that hypothetical future action is merely part of our legal method ?.............................

  4. #74
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    What does President Obama have in common with Sgt Shultz? He knows nothing, nothing. He knows nothing about the truth about Benghazi. He knows nothing about the IRS auditing conservative groups even though he is the one who stood to gain from such audits. He knows nothing about the DOJ's investigating journalist at the AP. He knows nothing about nothing. How the **** is this clown president? The American people are idiots. They know nothing!
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  5. #75
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    This is so reminiscent of the Clinton years where the GOP investigated all these "gates" in a row to try and smear the presidency. Whitewatergate... travelgate and just kept moving the goalposts until they tripped across a stained dress.
    So you don't see any problem with the death of four Americans and the cover up? You don't see any problem with the IRS focusing on Conservative Groups or the Justice Department checking phone records of the AP? Is there anything that this administration can do that would bother you? Does seem like you along with all the other Obama supporters have a double standard and overlook issues that you would demonize a Republican for

  6. #76
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Hi, JC. But any warrant can be challenged in court after the fact and the fruits of the warrant can be thrown out in any trial if found to be issued under false pretenses or improperly...................Correct ?..................So that hypothetical future action is merely part of our legal method ?.............................
    That's my understanding.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #77
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you don't see any problem with the death of four Americans and the cover up? You don't see any problem with the IRS focusing on Conservative Groups or the Justice Department checking phone records of the AP? Is there anything that this administration can do that would bother you? Does seem like you along with all the other Obama supporters have a double standard and overlook issues that you would demonize a Republican for
    I wouldn't see any problems with any of those things if this was Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia but it's not. And this president has brought his Chicago style politics to the White house and the house of cards is falling down around him. I give him 6 months max. He will be impeached.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That's my understanding.
    Ok. Because the AP's indignation appears to be coming from the fact that they had agreed to keep some facts unknown while this government terrorist sting was going. The idea that the American mass media is somehow 100% trustworthy is a joke................

  9. #79
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Ok. Because the AP's indignation appears to be coming from the fact that they had agreed to keep some facts unknown while this government terrorist sting was going. The idea that the American mass media is somehow 100% trustworthy is a joke................
    The media will hold a story as long as they think they are the only ones who have the story - if they think someone else may get it, they go to press immediately, national security be damned. The scoop is all that matters.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    25

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up | Fox News

    More examples of Obama incompetence and yet where is the outrage from the left?
    When a president of any party gets into trouble, the members of his party always rush in to defend him. Witch hunts, even the Republicans used that word over and over when defending Nixon back in 1973 and half of 74. It wasn't until the smoking gun was found that Republicans actually started to desert him and put some distance between them and Nixon, most not because of the evidence, but because they wanted to be re-elected in November of 1974.

    With all this stuff going on today, if there is a there, there. You will see at first everyone protecting the president, but as we get closer to the mid terms, they will begin to peel off. There is an election to be won and if putting distance between those running and the president can help, they will sure do it. Everything will play out in time. No need to get into a huff, This is just the natural way of things when it comes to partisan politics. Be patient and if there is wrong doing it will come out and then the outrage will begin along with the desertions.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •