Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 869

Thread: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

  1. #161
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,288

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No. Although I would like to see Obama take more of a liberal position on many things...I fully expected him to carry on many of the Bush policies. I'm disappointed that he is continuing in the same Bush vein with the patriot act and government surveillance.

    BTW....a good start will be when you finally start recognizing the hypocrite that you are...condemning Obama for things that Bush did 100x worse....but we both know that that is never going to happen because you are too infatuated with the clown.
    A more liberal position? Why is it that people who apparently unable to compete in a Capitalistic economy always look to the govt. to protect them from their own failures and mistakes? You see, the only think preventing a liberal for succeeding are the errors they make along with poor choices and yet there are successful liberals who now want to destroy the system that allowed them to generate maximum wealth.

    You seem to have a very selective memory about the Bush term but we recognize what it is, nothing more than an attempt to divert from the scandals and poor leadership of Obama. I can see why so many liberals are dependent on the Federal Govt. and looking for more entitlements. It really is a shame that far too many people don't understand free enterprise and capitalism. It is free enterprise and the private sector which are preventing us from becoming Europe.

  2. #162
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the water cooler talk in my office (by Obama supporters) is how fooled they were by him.

    the only people defending him over these things are his most loyal lap dogs. For these people, which you are obviously one of, nothing done in Obama's administration would ever be construed as wrong. that has become crystal clear.

    I'm not sure if he will ever be able to wash this stink off him.
    I think you are wrong. The overwhelming majority of Americans see Benghazi as the political game that the Republicans are playing. The IRS situation is typical politics, the same thing was done during the Bush administration with the IRS targeting liberal groups. The AP situation is the only one that has any real meat to it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #163
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I think you are wrong. The overwhelming majority of Americans see Benghazi as the political game that the Republicans are playing. The IRS situation is typical politics, the same thing was done during the Bush administration with the IRS targeting liberal groups. The AP situation is the only one that has any real meat to it.
    I doubt any of these three things go all the way to Obama. But each and every one of these are real issues, and certainly make his administration look crooked as hell.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,288

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why are you "Outraged" over the death of four Americans....yet continue to give GWB a pass when 3000+ Americans are dead and thousands of other innocent lives were lost? Oops...that's right.....Bush is your hero. We would never expect to hear outrage from you as long as there is an (R) involved.
    Because the outrage should be directed at the Democrats as well as Bush including Hillary Clinton who supported the war. You don't seem to understand that war is hell and was authorized by Congress which at the time had a Senate under Democrat Control. The vote was 76-23 in favor of the October resolution authorizing whatever action necessary against Saddam Hussein.

    Keep trying to divert to Bush but all you do is show your ignorance about what actually happened during the Bush term, just like you seem to have amnesia about the last four plus years. Let me help you.

    Debt Up over 6 trillion dollars
    Unemployment the same as it was when he took office
    employment, the same as it was when he took office
    Economic growth lower on average vs. Bush term
    Scandals greater than anytime during the Bush term
    No leadership at all but plenty of attempts to delegate responsibility

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    "What? What three ring circus? We're just trying to have a waffle here." All this talk about getting Obama out of office is disturbing. Who wants to be responsible for running the first black president out of office? I know I don't. Besides, think of all the fun we can have for the next three years watching this show.
    so we should give him a pass because he is black
    Should Nixon not been forced out of office if he was black?

    Not acting because of the color of some ones skin is just as racist as it would be for acting only because of the color of some ones skin

  6. #166
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,288

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I doubt any of these three things go all the way to Obama. But each and every one of these are real issues, and certainly make his administration look crooked as hell.
    I don't disagree because Obama lacks the leadership skills of the office and always tries to delegate responsibility therefore expecting to get no blame. Leaders can never delegate responsibility.

  7. #167
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A more liberal position? Why is it that people who apparently unable to compete in a Capitalistic economy always look to the govt. to protect them from their own failures and mistakes? You see, the only think preventing a liberal for succeeding are the errors they make along with poor choices and yet there are successful liberals who now want to destroy the system that allowed them to generate maximum wealth.

    You seem to have a very selective memory about the Bush term but we recognize what it is, nothing more than an attempt to divert from the scandals and poor leadership of Obama. I can see why so many liberals are dependent on the Federal Govt. and looking for more entitlements. It really is a shame that far too many people don't understand free enterprise and capitalism. It is free enterprise and the private sector which are preventing us from becoming Europe.
    Of course thats the way that you would spin it. I would expect nothing less from you. The reality is that people can compete just fine in a Capitalitistic economy when the rules are fair. When you have administrations that structure our system in a way to ensure that the wealthiest receive all of the advantages...then it really isn't a "capitalistic" system is becomes more of a Caste system.

    LOL.....have you ever sat back and recognized that it is really you and the other 21% who have selective memory about your hero GWB? The man drove this country to economic and moral bankruptcy but you are too enamored to recognize what 79% of the country have already recognized.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #168
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-14 @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    360

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? Thank you so much for your opinion. I don't recall Watergate being an event about the deaths of any Americans.
    I don't either, though I seem to recall a certain President resigning over that one.

    Probably because he'd actually done something objectionable, unlike Obama.

    Seems a double standard to me
    It might, seeing as you've set out to be a know-nothing conservative.

    but then again I am nothing more than a true "regressive" who happens to believe in a limited Central Govt. just like our Founders
    ...So a know-nothing conservative.

  9. #169
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't disagree because Obama lacks the leadership skills of the office and always tries to delegate responsibility therefore expecting to get no blame. Leaders can never delegate responsibility.
    Hey Conservative....let's check your honesty on this one: Who was responsible for 911? Who's watch did it occur on? Did your clown ever accept even an ounce of responsibility?

    Oh....this is going to be good!!!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #170
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,288

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I think you are wrong. The overwhelming majority of Americans see Benghazi as the political game that the Republicans are playing. The IRS situation is typical politics, the same thing was done during the Bush administration with the IRS targeting liberal groups. The AP situation is the only one that has any real meat to it.
    Your opinion noted but you need to get out more. Obama has that typical liberal leadership skill where the buck never gets to him and he always delegates responsibility. Obama was AWOL on Benghazi happened doing a fund raiser in Las Vegas, he has been absent on any major issue facing this country including the economy and yet people like you will always make excuses for him.

Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •