Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 869

Thread: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

  1. #141
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    24

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I can't argue with that assessment other than to say that when selecting between bad and worse, bad is always the preferred choice, particularly when you could be surprised by how good bad could be if given a chance.
    That is the mentality if we expect better to get out of. There are more parties and candidates out there than just the Republicans and Democrats. Sure they are the major parties, last year each party spent a billion dollars each on their candidates run for the presidency. By contrast Johnson spent 2 million. I am not sure how much Goode spent or my parties candidate, Nigel of the reform party spent. He wasn't on the ballot in Georgia.

    It is my opinion, both major parties are so hip deep in owing and rewarding their special interests, lobbyist, super pacs, huge money donors, corporations, wall street, etc for the millions they throw their way in campaign contributions and ads run on their behalf, they barely have time to think of America or the people.

    If one expects a good president, then on must be willing to vote for the one whom they think is best, not the least worst candidate.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #142
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The rest of us see your hypocrisy
    More insults? Nothing new here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #143
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    What if it's a journalist working in Iran?

    Your point is weak anyway. Why Iran only? That's not the.way laws are written or work. Iran only people, not Iraq, not Pakistan were Osama was hiding, Iran only.
    What difference does it make?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    More insults? Nothing new here.
    When a liberal has to resort to personal attacks and insults you know they are losing the argument. For otherworld they lose all arguments because they cant make one without personal attacks or insults

  5. #145
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    That is the mentality if we expect better to get out of. There are more parties and candidates out there than just the Republicans and Democrats. Sure they are the major parties, last year each party spent a billion dollars each on their candidates run for the presidency. By contrast Johnson spent 2 million. I am not sure how much Goode spent or my parties candidate, Nigel of the reform party spent. He wasn't on the ballot in Georgia.

    It is my opinion, both major parties are so hip deep in owing and rewarding their special interests, lobbyist, super pacs, huge money donors, corporations, wall street, etc for the millions they throw their way in campaign contributions and ads run on their behalf, they barely have time to think of America or the people.

    If one expects a good president, then on must be willing to vote for the one whom they think is best, not the least worst candidate.
    I admire your position. However, sometimes the ideal just isn't possible and we have to take the practical course if for no other reason than to save the country and ourselves.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #146
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,263

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Difference is we don't idolize our founding fathers like they were gods.
    I accept your surrender.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #147
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    For foreign calls, not domestic calls. That's little fact is conveniently left out.
    Nope. Involved domestic as well. Sorry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #148
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nope. Involved domestic as well. Sorry.
    So Obama expanding the program is a good thing? We all know the answer to what your attitude would be if Bush generated the scandals that Obama is now facing.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    24

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I admire your position. However, sometimes the ideal just isn't possible and we have to take the practical course if for no other reason than to save the country and ourselves.
    We are not saving the country by putting the same people back in charge that created and has gotten this country into the mess it is in today. The choice is between which fox, the red fox or the grey fox we let into the hen house. It doesn't matter, the chickens will be in the same peril. The problem is the people listen to the rhetoric, the talking points, the slogans and no one watches how they govern.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #150
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    re: White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up [W:378]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Bull**** hyperbole much?



    Oh looky folks... another two party guy who can't see beyond the borders given to him. My party? Dems are nowhere near liberal enough. When the Dems get in line with Senator Bernie Sanders, then you can call them my party.
    Now, now. Everything to the left of center is yours. You own that political real estate, and all the crazy, the corrupt, and the sublime that come with that territory. Just because the rest of the country is to the right of you and Bernie doesn't mean you get a pass. Those of us on the right own the opposite land, and it has all the same characters and features your side has. It's just that right now the spotlight happens to be shining on your side, and it's really quite a show.

Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •