Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 174

Thread: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

  1. #81
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,775

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Let's go over the facts. Because most of you have no fracken idea what you are talking about.

    The GOP spent almost 10 times the amount on PACs that the Democrats did to the tune of nearly $300 million. Much of this was done by 501(c)4s which had nothing to do with social welfare. Second, the sole reason why they went the 4 designation is because it lets them hide donors which is effectively perverting the outcome of Citizens' United. CU made the trade off for unlimited spending for transparency. By using a 501(c)4 illegitimately to not engage in social welfare and hide donors, people like Rove are flat up abusing the code.

    Second, 2/3rd of the audits had nothing to do with the Tea Party. See my other posts for the link.

    Third, the ONLY GROUP THAT GOT DENIED was a Democrat leaning PAC.

    Fourth, the number of applications that came in from the Tea Party were substantially more than everything else. The IRS is going to target Tea Party groups more for the simple reason that there were thousands of Tea Party related applications. Seriously, the concept of basic math escapes people here.
    Culpability was primarily through delaying the application process. Never reaching a decision while demanding more and more research materials into a given groups activities. Similar to the delays on oil permits. Same tactic.

  2. #82
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,775

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Yawn.

    More noise from Bronson.

    I see you are still ignoring that 2/3rd of the audits weren't on TP groups.
    I see you are still ignoring that the only group that got its exemption denied was a Democrat PAC.
    I see you are still ignoring that the bulk of new applications for 501(c)4 were from Republican oriented groups.
    I see you are still ignoring how the 501(c)4 code has been abused up the ***.

    Funny, all of that was in my previous posts. Which you will not address. Because you can't.

    I never argued that the Democrats didn't target them. What I pointed out was in actuality it doesn't come close to what you and your friends are alleging. And not a single person on your side has even touched upon the actual code abuse. You are treating this as a witch hunt and COMPLETELY IGNORING the reason the audits actually happened.

    Even MORE appalling is that you seem to have no problem with similar audits done purely for political spite. You will not get into the actual code and abuse because you lack the knowledge and you stand absolutely no hope of ever winning there.

    The whole "scandal" boils down to the abuse of 501(c)4s. You will not address this.
    It would be upon the Dems to change the law if they dont agree with it, not use the resources of the executive to abuse those applying legally. Seems you have ethics and legality confused and as a CPA, I would think you would know tax law and ethics dont even approach one another.

  3. #83
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    So a big government agency abused its power against certain groups of citizens. That is at least, unfortunate. Of course, since most of these groups are against the huge size of government and the President couldn't have known about all these issues because government is so big, that has to be more than just ironic.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Stop being obtuse. The IRS would have to deny them as a non profit before they could ask for donors AND if they declare them as a non profit they have no right to materials like facebok pages, rally attendance, membership lists but they would have a right to donor lists. But FIRST the IRS would have to declare them as a political organization, which they did not do.

    Catch 22 really. The IRS tried to abuse both sides of the system.

    Heya OC. Looks Like Obama is saying he don't believe this was Politically Motivated.

    Carney: President Doesn't Necessarily Think IRS Was Politically Motivated, Or Something.....



    At today’s press briefing, Jay Carney reiterated much of what he said yesterday regarding the multiple scandals plaguing the Obama Administration, once again working to distance the president himself from his wayward colleagues.

    Today, although he noted that the president felt “strongly” about the need for the tax code to be applied in a neutral manner, Carney made a point of saying that the president had no reason to doubt the IRS officials who claimed that the targeting was for purposes of efficiency. In other words, Carney seemed to suggest that the president didn’t believe the targeting was politically motivated—and yet, in the same breath, he noted a lack of “neutrality,” indicating that there was political bias present. "The president has no reason to doubt the Inspector General's report," Carney said, in which political bias was not named a factor in the targeting.

    Turning to another unfolding indiscretion, reporters in the room seemed awfully curious about the president’s sudden renewed interest in passing media shield legislation, to help protect the press from unwarranted scrutiny over sources. Given the AP hacking discovery, isn’t the timing rather suspect, and perhaps a transparent attempt to save some face?

    Reporters also wished to know what the president had to say on the hacking scandal, but again, Carney refused to comment owing to the “ongoing criminal investigation,” and the fact that there is a “firewall” between the White House and the Department of Justice during times such as these.....snip~

    Carney: President Doesn't Necessarily Think IRS Was Politically Motivated, Or Something - Kate Hicks

  5. #85
    Rogue Graffias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest U.S
    Last Seen
    08-26-15 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    924

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    This whole thing is ridiculous. Any group that has the function of political activity cannot be a charity and is not eligible for a federal tax exemption. Whether they are leftist or rightists, they are not tax exempt. Any political group that claims to be a charity deserves the extra scrutiny. I'm sure you'll find in the end of this politically motivated investigation that the IRS was simply doing what it was supposed to.
    AN AUTHORITARIAN SOCIALIST OPPOSED TO GLOBALISM, ZIONISM, AND FEMINISM, AND IN FAVOR OF SOVEREIGN NATIONS, A PALESTINIAN STATE, AND MEN'S RIGHTS!

  6. #86
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Graffias View Post
    This whole thing is ridiculous. Any group that has the function of political activity cannot be a charity and is not eligible for a federal tax exemption. Whether they are leftist or rightists, they are not tax exempt. Any political group that claims to be a charity deserves the extra scrutiny. I'm sure you'll find in the end of this politically motivated investigation that the IRS was simply doing what it was supposed to.
    The law is what it is, not what you think it should be.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Let's go over the facts. Because most of you have no fracken idea what you are talking about.

    The GOP spent almost 10 times the amount on PACs that the Democrats did to the tune of nearly $300 million. Much of this was done by 501(c)4s which had nothing to do with social welfare. Second, the sole reason why they went the 4 designation is because it lets them hide donors which is effectively perverting the outcome of Citizens' United. CU made the trade off for unlimited spending for transparency. By using a 501(c)4 illegitimately to not engage in social welfare and hide donors, people like Rove are flat up abusing the code.

    Second, 2/3rd of the audits had nothing to do with the Tea Party. See my other posts for the link.

    Third, the ONLY GROUP THAT GOT DENIED was a Democrat leaning PAC.

    Fourth, the number of applications that came in from the Tea Party were substantially more than everything else. The IRS is going to target Tea Party groups more for the simple reason that there were thousands of Tea Party related applications. Seriously, the concept of basic math escapes people here.
    Those are only some of the facts. Not sure why youre still trying to defend this when Obama is firing people over it.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    you do not to tangle with me on this. You will lose.

    i am fully aware of the situation. You however, are not.

    2/3rd of the audits had nothing to do with the tea party.
    The only group denied an exemption was a democrat linked organization.
    And the 501(c)4 has been abused to bypass the citizens' united ruling.

    I suggest you start researching before you open your mouth. this is your only warning.
    lol!!!

  9. #89
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You do not to tangle with me on this. You will lose.

    I am fully aware of the situation. You however, are not.

    2/3rd of the audits had nothing to do with the Tea Party.
    The only group denied an exemption was a Democrat linked organization.
    And the 501(c)4 has been abused to bypass the Citizens' United ruling.

    I suggest you start researching before you open your mouth. This is your only warning.
    No, no, why would you hold back? You should not do that. Please tell us why Obama is wrong on this, no problems at IRS, just keep on keepin' on. Business as usual because there are no abuses or wrong doing. And go ahead and keep posting irrelevant stuff. Oh, and please with the "warnings". "This is your only warning." Try not to be so full of yourself, it is a bit laughable.

  10. #90
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    09-26-13 @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    37

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    You liberals sound like a bunch of whinny little children " well Bush did it also "
    my 12 year old tries to use that same childish argument all the time "so and so did it also" do you think i let her off the hook

    I have a solution for you lets put Bush back into office so then you can impeach him. would that satisfy you? would that make you shut up about Bush?

    liberals are so predictable every time you say anything negative about Obama you can bet your right nut Bush will be brought up by the desperate left
    Speaking of predictable.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •