Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 174

Thread: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    joe crowley from queens on fns:

    Dem: Ex-IRS chief lied to Congress - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

    lying to congress is a felony

    miller lied to congress, as well

    this wednesday lerner, shulman and neal wolin will appear before evil issa

    will they lie?

    wolin is obama's deputy treasury secretary whom tigta testified he told on june 4, 2012

    do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but...

    stay tuned

  2. #122
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Then what did the IG mean when he in the ‘results of review’ section (pg 5) stated:






    They ‘were the ones abusing 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(3) NFP status’? Do you have evidence of this? The IG report didn’t many any sort of similar claims. Further, wouldn’t an organization abusing NFP status be investigated for their actions and not for merely applying for status or are you arguing that the mere application FOR status equals abusing status? Kinda ambiguous…


    Ok, and your point is? That we don’t have enough information to make a final conclusion? If so I stipulate.


    So the President was absurd when he used the word ‘especially’?


    Statement by the President | The White House
    When I read the time-line it seems fairly clear that they were responding to a (perceived or real) increase in conservative applications. The BOLO is unacceptable. (also, it's where much confusion occurs since the actual words “Tea Party” are on the BOLO, but the report refers to conservative groups as “Tea Party.”

    And I totally agree, an investigation is warrented, but we certainly don't have enough information to make a conclusion yet.


    (The president said that the IRS needs to be held to a higher standard. I agree, my point is that we should recognize that we're holding them to a higher standard when we criticize them. I mean, they're are 90,000 employees in the IRS that do a pretty amazing job. We're talking about fewer than 200 who screwed up, but appear so far to have screwed up in good faith. There is far too much hostility against a predominately good organization.)

  3. #123
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Culpability was primarily through delaying the application process. Never reaching a decision while demanding more and more research materials into a given groups activities. Similar to the delays on oil permits. Same tactic.
    There's no question that Republican leaning groups had more delays, but they also had more applications. Furthermore, when your name is overtly political and you are applying for a status that is explicitly prohibited from being primarily political, that's your own damn fault. If you want to be primarily political, form a PAC.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #124
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya OC. Looks Like Obama is saying he don't believe this was Politically Motivated.
    Yes and no. It's politically motivated because the 501(c)4 section explicitly prohibits the organization from being primarily political. When idiot groups have overtly political names, they should get more scrutiny as they are already putting up a big red flag that they are potentially violating the 501(c)4 laws.

    The IRS did the same thing the IDF does at its borders and ports. People who look suspicious get more scrutiny. Putting an overtly political name on an application for a status that explicitly prohibits primary political activity should get you more scrutiny.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #125
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Those are only some of the facts. Not sure why youre still trying to defend this when Obama is firing people over it.
    Because what is true and what is political butt covering aren't the same thing.

    The ultimate fact here is that NONE OF YOU even hope to stand a chance at discussing this topic with me
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #126
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    No, no, why would you hold back?
    Because I do not go full @sshat on new people.

    Please tell us why Obama is wrong on this, no problems at IRS, just keep on keepin' on.
    Would help if you actually represented my points honestly. Instead of being a liar.

    Notice what I actually argued. That what the IRS did wrong was failing to put more scrutiny on liberal groups. Not that they went hard on Conservative groups.

    Business as usual because there are no abuses or wrong doing.
    So tax experts are wrong in that the 501(c)4 code is being abused? Tax partners with decades of experience are wrong? Really? How badly do you want to lose this argument?

    And go ahead and keep posting irrelevant stuff. Oh, and please with the "warnings". "This is your only warning." Try not to be so full of yourself, it is a bit laughable.
    Fact are irrelevant to you?

    Notice that I'm the only one here actually discussing the code. Why is that?

    Notice, you will be treated harshly from now on.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #127
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    They were still able to act as a non-profit group while waiting the approval of the IRS.
    501(c)4 is voluntary. Filing is a butt cover to ensure that the IRS doesn't come after you years later for non-compliance. At most, you'd have a single year of non-compliance if you file. Not filing could result in serious charges with years of violation.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #128
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Yet you are still wallowing in Obama worship defending the IRS. Nothing more needs to be said
    Are you ever capable of posting without blatant lies?

    You ignore the mountains of evidence that disprove your claim and think because 1 Democrat org was denied a claim for whatever reason, that this somehow absolves harassment and intimidation of private citizens based upon their political views.
    And what evidence is that? The evidence you never posted?

    This is why Big Government liberalism needs to be opposed. People like you never think it's big enough and when that power is abused and Government is used by liberals to harass and intimidate, people like you fall into goosestep behind it defending it.
    I did state you'd fail to address the actual code, Citizen's United and the abuse.

    What did you do? You failed to address the actual code, Citizen's United and the abuse.

    You are purely looking for cheap shots. Rather then addressing the actual issues. Typical Partian Vomit from Bronson.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #129
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    The issue isn't the tax exempt status.
    You can tell who understands the topic and who doesn't by looking at what they discuss. The partisan hackjobs never discuss the abuse of the tax code, the code itself or the reason for PACs. Those who do address it get flak for actually looking at the core of the subject
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #130
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    The commisioner testified that he was pretty sure that there was a significant increase. Maybe there wasn't? Maybe the numbers are wrong? Unsure..
    This chart doesn't tell us much.

    If the majority of that 1,700+ were from political groups, that is an issue.

    It's one thing to get an application for "St. Cloud Swim Club" and another from "Tea Party of America For Republicans." Obviously the first one is going to get a heck of a lot less scrutiny then the first. If the ratio of political to non-political went massively skewed towards political, then the IRS is going to be overwhelmed. "St. Cloud Swim Club" should take 10 minutes to approve. An overtly political group applying for an explicitly non-political status will take longer.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •