Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 120

Thread: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

  1. #41
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Speaking of which... where can one find the full transcripts for the hearing?
    don't know.

    here's the video of the conversation between REP. SCOTT DESJARLAIS (R-TN) and hicks. please notice that the post and media matters didn't include hicks' very last comments.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fielcGbaBY4
    Go Vols

  2. #42
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Okay. Everyone who says the State department demoted them because of what they said about Bengazi should release their personnel records if the State Department denies it ever happened. Satisfied?
    He was pretty upfront that he was demoted in position, not pay grade. Claiming that he's telling a falsehood because he wasn't demoted in pay grade is therefore a strawman. For example, as an E5 I currently hold an E6 billet - if I were to be placed into an E4 billet from here, I would be effectively "demoted", despite retaining the same paycheck. In order to actually reduce me in paygrade would require a pretty significant amount of paperwork and explanation etc.; and I'm just an E5, not a GS-14. In order to actually reduce his paygrade, the State Department would have been forced basically to go to court and make it's case.

    Apparently they weren't willing to do that. Shocking.


    Still folks continue to fail to exit their own mutually contradictory logic. Hicks is angry because he was demoted, which is why he is making up all this stuff, except he wasn't demoted, so he's a liar. You can get one or the other, but not both.

  3. #43
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    absolutely
    but you are welcome to show us any evidence of a demotion in civil service ranks where that personnel action was not documented in writing
    until you show us that a demotion has ever happened without the paper work, i stand on my statement

    so, prove me wrong
    i challenge you to do so
    and we all know you will not accept that challenge
    Since Hicks has not claimed a reduction in paygrade, but a demotion in billet assignment, this argument is either A) uninformed or B) itself a deliberate lie in the form of a strawman.

    Which is it?

  4. #44
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    absolutely
    but you are welcome to show us any evidence of a demotion in civil service ranks where that personnel action was not documented in writing
    until you show us that a demotion has ever happened without the paper work, i stand on my statement

    so, prove me wrong
    i challenge you to do so
    and we all know you will not accept that challenge
    I doubt this if true is one's pay is kept the same. There are all sorts of ways to marginalize someone at their job. It happens in private business all the time. "All dressed up with no place to go." The Federal government's equivalent of New York's Rubber Rooms for teachers.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    You cross obama and you suffer retaliation, get audited, get demoted, get thrown under the next bus to drive by.

  6. #46
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    yep.

    they cut out the end of his comments.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fielcGbaBY4
    The comments Media Matters posted on their website was consistent with the story I posted at the OP. He choose not to return to Libya because his family was the overriding issue. The notion that he was criticized for mentioning what Susan Rice said on the Sunday talk shows is false. He was criticized because he spoke to Rep. Jason Chaffetz without other State Department officials being present.

    From the NYT:

    Mr. Hicks offered an unbecoming view of political supervision and intimidation inside the Obama administration. When Representative Jason Chaffetz, Republican of Utah, visited Libya after the attack, Mr. Hicks said his bosses told him not to talk to the congressman. When he did anyway, and a State Department lawyer was excluded from one meeting because he lacked the necessary security clearance, Mr. Hicks said he received an angry phone call from Mrs. Clintonís chief of staff, Cheryl Mills.

    ďSo this goes right to the person next to Secretary of State Clinton. Is that accurate?Ē asked Representative Jim Jordan, Republican of Ohio. Mr. Hicks responded, ďYes, sir.Ē

    A State Department official said Mr. Hicks had been free to talk to Mr. Chaffetz, but that department policy required a department lawyer to be present during interviews for any Congressional investigation.

    Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

  7. #47
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I doubt this if true is one's pay is kept the same. There are all sorts of ways to marginalize someone at their job. It happens in private business all the time. "All dressed up with no place to go." The Federal government's equivalent of New York's Rubber Rooms for teachers.
    that is no "demotion"
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #48
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The comments Media Matters posted on their website was consistent with the story I posted at the OP. He choose not to return to Libya because his family was the overriding issue. The notion that he was criticized for mentioning what Susan Rice said on the Sunday talk shows is false. He was criticized because he spoke to Rep. Jason Chaffetz without other State Department officials being present.

    From the NYT:

    Mr. Hicks offered an unbecoming view of political supervision and intimidation inside the Obama administration. When Representative Jason Chaffetz, Republican of Utah, visited Libya after the attack, Mr. Hicks said his bosses told him not to talk to the congressman. When he did anyway, and a State Department lawyer was excluded from one meeting because he lacked the necessary security clearance, Mr. Hicks said he received an angry phone call from Mrs. Clinton’s chief of staff, Cheryl Mills.

    “So this goes right to the person next to Secretary of State Clinton. Is that accurate?” asked Representative Jim Jordan, Republican of Ohio. Mr. Hicks responded, “Yes, sir.”

    A State Department official said Mr. Hicks had been free to talk to Mr. Chaffetz, but that department policy required a department lawyer to be present during interviews for any Congressional investigation.

    Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion
    and when i said they left out the end of hicks' comments when speaking with the rep. from TN, i was correct. he clarified his position at the end and the post and MM left that out.

    why? because it didn't fit the narrative they wanted you to believe which was hicks was not demoted.
    Go Vols

  9. #49
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    and when i said they left out the end of hicks' comments when speaking with the rep. from TN, i was correct. he clarified his position at the end and the post and MM left that out.

    why? because it didn't fit the narrative they wanted you to believe which was hicks was not demoted.
    He wasn't demoted, it was HIS choice to not return to Libya.

  10. #50
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    He wasn't demoted, it was HIS choice to not return to Libya.
    translation, you are calling hicks a liar.
    Go Vols

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •