Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 120

Thread: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

  1. #91
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How can he perform the same job in the states that he had in Libya?
    There are well known steps to transition overseas service into CONUS service of appropriate rank and responsibility. It happens all the time in the Foreign Service.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #92
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There are well known steps to transition overseas service into CONUS service of appropriate rank and responsibility. It happens all the time in the Foreign Service.
    That very well may be true however he was the number 2 man in Libya, I don't see how he can perform that function in the US.

  3. #93
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That very well may be true however he was the number 2 man in Libya, I don't see how he can perform that function in the US.
    No, he could not, but there are appropriate US duties for an officer of his rank and experience.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #94
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No, he could not, but there are appropriate US duties for an officer of his rank and experience.
    I sure hope he gets what he wants. The following was in post 82:

    "However, the Department worked with him to find a suitable temporary assignment and succeeded,Ē he said. ďMr. Hicks still receives the same salary and has the same employment status and rank as before. Per standard procedure, Mr. Hicks recently submitted a preference list for his next assignment and is under consideration along with other Foreign Service employees.Ē

  5. #95
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I sure hope he gets what he wants. The following was in post 82:

    "However, the Department worked with him to find a suitable temporary assignment and succeeded,Ē he said. ďMr. Hicks still receives the same salary and has the same employment status and rank as before. Per standard procedure, Mr. Hicks recently submitted a preference list for his next assignment and is under consideration along with other Foreign Service employees.Ē
    The proof will be in the pudding. Hicks himself apparently is not optimistic.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #96
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The proof will be in the pudding. Hicks himself apparently is not optimistic.
    Hopefully, he will not have a problem finding a spot he likes.

  7. #97
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Hopefully, he will not have a problem finding a spot he likes.
    Agreed.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #98
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    like hicks, i was a federal employee
    and i remain a union officer
    which experience tells me that if hicks were demoted there would be an extensive paper trail documenting that action
    and since we have seen no documentation it is safe to conclude there was no demotion
    Yeah you said that earlier.

    And then I pointed out that since Hicks had never said he was lowered by paygrade, but only demoted by billet (which requires no paperwork) then this claim by yours that he was lying was either A) uninformed (which, given how you identify yourself, is unlikely) or B) a deliberate lie in the form of a strawman smear on Hicks in an attempt to discredit him.

    As I recall, I asked you to explain which one it was, and you never responded. Huh. Wonder why that is....

  9. #99
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Yeah you said that earlier.

    And then I pointed out that since Hicks had never said he was lowered by paygrade, but only demoted by billet (which requires no paperwork) then this claim by yours that he was lying was either A) uninformed (which, given how you identify yourself, is unlikely) or B) a deliberate lie in the form of a strawman smear on Hicks in an attempt to discredit him.

    As I recall, I asked you to explain which one it was, and you never responded. Huh. Wonder why that is....
    hicks said he was demoted
    and by the absence of paperwork to that effect, it must be accepted that no demotion happened
    which makes hicks a liar
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #100
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State Department disputes diplomatís charges of retaliation

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    hicks said he was demoted
    and by the absence of paperwork to that effect, it must be accepted that no demotion happened
    which makes hicks a liar

    False, and obtusely so.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •