Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 151

Thread: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

  1. #141
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,967

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    You have shown a habit of ignoring anything
    What have I ignored? Go on, tell me what I ignored. I direct quote each part of a post, sometimes breaking down individual sentences, and respond to them. I'd love to know what I ignored.

    continue to spew liberal arguments even after they have been proven time and time again to be false
    A) I'm not a liberal and B) Not one of my arguments have been proven false.

    I will give you an example
    even after i posted evidence like this
    "Lt. Col. Gibson and his team were on their way to board a C-130 from Tripoli for Benghazi prior to an attack on a second U.S. compound " and " 'you can't go now, you don't have the authority to go now.' And so they missed the flight ... "

    you still want to claim help wasn't available and couldn't get there in time
    Uhh, I DID respond to that, I did not ignore it. I accurately pointed out that your post here tells me what, not why. Just because they were on their way to board the plane, that doesn't mean they could have gotten there in time. I could board a plane in the next 30 seconds and still not make it to China in 30 minutes. Being on a plane doesn't tell me why I cannot make it to China in 30 minutes.

    I'll give you a parallel example. There's a Mexican restaurant down the road. I'm walking out to my car to drive down to the restaurant and my girlfriend/wife/significant other tells me, "Hey, the car is out of gas, it won't make it to the restaurant".

    You're telling me that because I was walking to my car, I should have eaten Mexican. I'm telling you that I COULDN'T get to the restaurant, unless I walked, and if I did walk, the restaurant would be closed.


    I didn't ignore you at all, I responded directly to you. Again, you told me what and I told you why (including referencing the links I made earlier in the thread). It's important to know the difference between what and why.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 05-14-13 at 06:03 PM.

  2. #142
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    The White House held an off-the-record briefing with reporters on Friday afternoon to discuss recent revelations about the Benghazi investigation, sources familiar with the meeting tell POLITICO.

    The meeting began around 12:45 p.m. and postponed the daily, on-the-record White House press briefing to 1:45 p.m. White House press secretary Jay Carney did not respond to a request for confirmation of the meeting.

    The off-the-record session was announced to reporters in the wake of an ABC News report showing that White House and State Dept. officials were involved in revising the now-discredited CIA talking points about the attack on Benghazi.


    W.H. holds off-the-record Benghazi briefing - POLITICO.com


    so why off the record? what was the purpose of the meeting ? is it so the media can coordinate the WH talking points with each other? is it so they can all perform the same spin to make this go away

    Just more proof we have a state run media
    The briefing was a background briefing not an off-the record briefing. The difference is that background are not attributable by name, but are absolutely publishable.

    Whenever you read or hear the phrase "senior WH blank..." That is a quote on background. It is neither new nor unusual.

    Jebus, it is like the GOP was born yesterday? The right wing media is not this dumb, They know what background is.

    But they apparently think you are that dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    A fair point, some can and some cannot. But it seems to me it would be a better
    use of our government's time to make sure those security measures are being acted upon, whether it's done in public or not. Instead, we constantly keep getting this dog and pony show which does nothing to help anyone. It's simply a political ploy, and I'm tired of it, when there are so many more necessary things we should be focusing on.
    Here's the problem. It's THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION we're dealing with here. Ok ?

    Given their track record on honesty, character and integrity, given that they had NO PROBLEM lying to the faces of the families that lost loved ones in Benghazi, to save their politicial ass's, it's become apparent that ANY thing they say is going to be a lie and should be verified by a objectiv

  4. #144
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    So does that solve all over our problems?
    It's a yes or no answer.

    If yes, then why are we still talking about Benghazi, if not for political motivation? If no, why are we still not talking about additional security measures?


    My point, as it's been all along, is let's quit wasting time on irrelevant nonsense and let's focus on what's important, which is the safety of Americans. Surely, though we've disagreed on other things, we can agree we should focus on keeping Americans safe, correct?

    Here's the problem with your speil.

    Its the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION. After Fast and Furious, after Benghazi, after Holder's illegal wire tapping, after the IRS targeting Conservative groups AND releasing Donors list to radical Gay Activist, they can't be trusted.

    They may say " we learned our lesson" , " we're sorry, we won't do it again" but as it goes with people who have no moral compass, we would be fools to believe them.

    No, the press and politicians need to keep pushing until he and holder and hillary and their minions who are responsible are held responsible. Hillary and those who obstructed the investigation into Benghazi should be charged.

    Obama should step down or be impeached because either he knows All or he's the worst Leader and manager we've ever had in the WH.

    Because for all of your mitogation, NO ONE HAS. People just get pushed around.

    What's thr saying ? " Lie to me once shame on you, Lie to me twice shame on me."

    I quit counting Obama's lies.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    What have I ignored? Go on, tell me what I ignored. I direct quote each part of a post, sometimes breaking down individual sentences, and respond to them. I'd love to know what I ignored.

    A) I'm not a liberal and B) Not one of my arguments have been proven false.


    Uhh, I DID respond to that, I did not ignore it. I accurately pointed out that your post here tells me what, not why. Just because they were on their way to board the plane, that doesn't mean they could have gotten there in time. I could board a plane in the next 30 seconds and still not make it to China in 30 minutes. Being on a plane doesn't tell me why I cannot make it to China in 30 minutes.

    I'll give you a parallel example. There's a Mexican restaurant down the road. I'm walking out to my car to drive down to the restaurant and my girlfriend/wife/significant other tells me, "Hey, the car is out of gas, it won't make it to the restaurant".

    You're telling me that because I was walking to my car, I should have eaten Mexican. I'm telling you that I COULDN'T get to the restaurant, unless I walked, and if I did walk, the restaurant would be closed.


    I didn't ignore you at all, I responded directly to you. Again, you told me what and I told you why (including referencing the links I made earlier in the thread). It's important to know the difference between what and why.
    the example you gave isn't equivalent you knew when the restraint was going to close they didn't know when the attack was going to end there for they had no idea they would not get there in time. The team in Tripoli was ready to board the c130 before the second attack Tripoli is less then an hour away by flight they would have got there in time if they was allowed to go. I know reading can be hard sometimes

  6. #146
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,967

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Here's the problem with your speil.

    Its the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.
    Circular argument says hello. Do you ever get tired of your extremism and sheer biased posting?
    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    the example you gave isn't equivalent
    Yes, it is.

    you knew when the restraint was going to close they didn't know when the attack was going to end
    But they knew how soon they could evacuate, and they began evacuations at 7:30 in the morning, Benghazi time. So, that would be akin to when the restaurant was going to close.

    The team in Tripoli was ready to board the c130 before the second attack Tripoli is less then an hour away by flight they would have got there in time if they was allowed to go.
    This has been debunked numerous times, by people with far greater knowledge than you. And that's not even including the fact there were threats in Tripoli as well.

    How about you just admit you are wrong?

    I know reading can be hard sometimes
    Maybe for you, I do it just fine. That's why I know your constant repeating of falsified information is nonsense. There was a 6 man team from Tripoli which arrived a couple hours after the attack at the consulate and before the second attack at the annex. There was an evacuation team which began evacuations at 7:30. It would have been foolish to do what you are suggesting, and you've been told it would be foolish by those who have experience with these situations.

    Why do you stubbornly cling to your belief when you are so clearly and so provably wrong?
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 05-14-13 at 06:50 PM.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Circular argument says hello. Do you ever get tired of your extremism and sheer biased posting?
    Yes, it is.

    But they knew how soon they could evacuate, and they began evacuations at 7:30 in the morning, Benghazi time. So, that would be akin to when the restaurant was going to close.

    This has been debunked numerous times, by people with far greater knowledge than you. And that's not even including the fact there were threats in Tripoli as well.

    How about you just admit you are wrong?

    Maybe for you, I do it just fine. That's why I know your constant repeating of falsified information is nonsense. There was a 6 man team from Tripoli which arrived a couple hours after the attack at the consulate and before the second attack at the annex. There was an evacuation team which began evacuations at 7:30. It would have been foolish to do what you are suggesting, and you've been told it would be foolish by those who have experience with these situations.

    Why do you stubbornly cling to your belief when you are so clearly and so provably wrong?
    Well, if some irreverent poster on the internet says so .....

    What's clear is that you'll continue to arm chair quarter back the Benghazi Scandal to suite your argument, to mitigate the obvious cover up and lack of support. Why ? Who knows.

    Not one of you Libbzz have been able to explain why they were so vulnerable in this first place. Why after a 12 foot hole was blown in their compound wall in JUNE !!!.....was there no back up, no extra security.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #148
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,967

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Not one of you Libbzz have been able to explain why they were so vulnerable in this first place. Why after a 12 foot hole was blown in their compound wall in JUNE !!!.....was there no back up, no extra security.
    And, as usual, in your haste to incessantly attack in your completely biased manner, you've missed what I've said multiple times in this thread. I'd go back and repeat them for you, but let's be honest. You don't care. The only thing it appears to me that you care about is going around spreading hatred of Democrats/liberals.

    So if you have any interest in any objectivity, you can go back and read my thoughts on the vulnerabilities. Otherwise, I honestly could not care less what venom you spew in this thread.

  9. #149
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post


    Ahh...the traditional "I've been totally defeated in the debate so I'll ignore all relevant points and provide a circular argument" blueprint.
    Your constant. Sentence fragments. Make no sense.

    Wow, that means we can continue to draw this dog and pony show out longer and still not getting any new relevant information.

    Again, I have no idea what you're trying to say.


    What fanciful story? The YouTube video was not even close to a fanciful story, it was debunked inside a month.

    I cannot answer why the video was blamed, but I'll give you my best guess. My guess is the video was blamed for a number of reasons. The first, and most prominent, was to hide the presence of the CIA at the consulate. I don't know if the information was to be hid to protect identities of Libyans working with us, to protect our own officers or to hide from the Libyan government we had a CIA headquarters there. Blaming the video would give the terrorists a reason to attack, where there otherwise was little reason to attack. We know that in the course of investigation, our Congressman have outed the identities of some of the Libyans who were working with us, putting their lives in danger. So my guess is this was the most prominent reason to try and divert attention to a video.

    The first reason also impacted the second reason, which has to do with the preparation failure at the consulate. I have no idea how accurate the reasoning behind the failure is, but I would guess part of the reason the consulate was not better secured was due to the fact it was operating as an intelligence center, and it's not as simple as hiring the local handman to come strengthen the compound. I'll fully admit this is conjecture, but it makes enough sense that it's a reasonable guess.

    The third reason is impacted by the first two. Yes, I think it was also political, but it was political because the classified nature of the first two made it difficult to explain otherwise. Romney had already shown he was willing to politicize the attack in order to win the Presidency, we saw that almost immediately with his tweet right after it happened. So I think there was also pressure to try and downplay (not cover up, two entirely separate concepts) what happened, because, if it was because of the first two reasons I mentioned, Obama could not come out and tell Americans 100% what happened.

    Another reason the story became what it was is because neither the CIA nor the State department wanted to take the blame for what happened. The release of the e-mails has kind of highlighted that theory.

    So those are my theories on why things played out the way they did. As usual, nothing is as simple as either political party wants the voting public to believe.
    What cover up? What exactly are you alleging is being covered up? Those who keep droning on and on about a cover-up never even tell us what is supposedly being covered up. What's being covered up?
    Up to this point, you've made the most sense I've seen from you in this thread.

    If you're still wanting answers to questions which have been answered multiple times, then there's no helping you. The answers have been given multiple times, by multiple people.

    What I want to know is why people keep asking questions which have already been answered multiple times. Here, maybe George W. Bush's former Secretary of Defense can explain it to the point you'll actually listen to.


    [/INDENT]Robert Gates on Benghazi: ‘There just wasn’t time’
    I doubt you find anything knew with your head in the sand. Whether there was time or not is another matter. The Administration didn't even try and fail. They didn't do ****, except send a UAV over to watch. Then they lied about everything.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,967

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I doubt you find anything knew with your head in the sand. Whether there was time or not is another matter. The Administration didn't even try and fail. They didn't do ****, except send a UAV over to watch. Then they lied about everything.
    This is a lie, as I have noted multiple times. The team from the annex (as well as a Libyan security force) arrived to remove those at the consulate, the team from Tripoli reinforced the annex at around 1:30 Benghazi time, and the evacuation team left with it's first group at 7:30 Benghazi time. The fact people are still clinging to the myth that no help was given, when clear evidence has shown otherwise, simply reeks of partisanship.

    And, as countless people who has experience in the situation have said, trying to implement the large scale response people like you think should have happened is "cartoonish". So not only are you repeating lies, you're also otherwise suggesting something which would have been incredibly dangerous and foolish.

    Give up the talking points. Pay attention to the facts.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •