Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 151

Thread: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

  1. #121
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,424
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi


    It was an outdoor meeting and for nostalgia sake, he used his Vorvarts! placard.
    It was a big hit as he rubbed the bellies of his propagandists afterwards and gave them all a Doggie Bag.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #122
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,663

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Now that it is being reported by other mainstream media outlets, invariably, the first or second line suggests that the story is really about republicans using it to attack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Ive yet to see any real reporting demeaning answers as to WHO made up the lies they told for 3 weeks and why no one was hammered for it. Who buried the request for more security. Who ordered the special forces team to stand down when the attack was occurring. I'd even accept the president didnt know...but were I him in that capacity I would be furious and there would be a whole lot of new department heads. Assuming of course he didnt know.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Now that it is being reported by other mainstream media outlets, invariably, the first or second line suggests that the story is really about republicans using it to attack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Ive yet to see any real reporting demeaning answers as to WHO made up the lies they told for 3 weeks and why no one was hammered for it. Who buried the request for more security. Who ordered the special forces team to stand down when the attack was occurring. I'd even accept the president didnt know...but were I him in that capacity I would be furious and there would be a whole lot of new department heads. Assuming of course he didnt know.
    AFTER THE FALLOUT: KEY FACTS ABOUT BENGHAZI ATTACKS




    Anti-American protests have erupted in the Middle East over a crudely made film mocking the prophet Muhammad, resulting in violent embassy protests around the Middle East, fallout in the U.S. presidential campaign and heightened security at U.S. facilities abroad.

    THE FILM: Fourteen-minute clips of the amateurish anti-Islam film 'Innocence of Muslims' have been posted on YouTube. The clips depict the prophet Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a madman in an overtly mocking way, showing him having sex and calling for massacres. Muslims find it offensive to depict Muhammad in any fashion, much less in an insulting way. Google Inc., owner of YouTube, has pulled down the video in Egypt, but it is still accessible in the U.S. and other countries.

    The film supposedly runs two hours. Film industry groups and permit agencies haven't been able to find records of a project called 'Innocence of Muslims,' though a Los Angeles film permit agency did find a record of a movie filmed in Los Angeles last year with the working title 'Desert Warriors.' The film apparently had a brief run at the Vine Theater, a faded Hollywood movie house. The YouTube clips are called 'Muhammad Movie Trailer' and 'The Real Life of Muhammad.'

    THE FILMMAKER: Federal authorities say the shadowy figure behind the film is Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, a California man once convicted of financial crimes and prohibited from using computers or the Internet as part of his sentence. Authorities have connected Nakoula to the persona of Sam Bacile, someone who initially claimed to The Associated Press to be the writer and director of the film.

    The YouTube clips were posted under the username 'sam bacile.' Nakoula told the AP in an interview Wednesday that he managed logistics for the company that made the film. He denied he was Bacile and said he didn't direct the film, though he said he knew Bacile. Bacile turned out to be a false identity, and the AP traced a cellphone number used by Bacile to a home where a reporter located Nakoula. Court papers in 2010 said Nakoula had many aliases, including Nicola Bacily, Robert Bacily and Erwin Salameh. The man identifying himself as Bacile claimed to be an Israeli Jew, but evidence shows he is a Coptic Christian. He told the AP he is a real estate developer, but his name does not appear in searches of California real estate licenses.

    THE PROTESTS: The film has sparked assaults across the Middle East. In Libya on Tuesday, the storming of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi killed the American ambassador, Chris Stevens, and three other embassy staff members. Libyan officials say the attack in Benghazi was a planned operation by heavily armed militants that may have been timed to mark the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks on the U.S. and that the militants used civilian protesters as cover for their action.

    In Egypt, angry youths climbed the walls of the U.S Embassy on Tuesday in Cairo and brought down the flag. In Yemen, hundreds of protesters angered by the film stormed the U.S. Embassy on Thursday in the capital of Sanaa and burned the American flag, chanting 'death to America' and 'death to Israel.' In Iraq, several hundred Shiite hardliners protested Thursday in Baghdad's Shiite stronghold of Sadr City, and the leader of an Iranian-backed Shiite militia, Asaib Ahl al-Haq, threatened anti-U.S. attacks. And in Iran, about 50 protesters shouted, 'Death to America' outside the Swiss Embassy, which looks after U.S. interests there. Riot police kept the crowd at bay.

    THE VICTIMS: Four Americans were killed in the attack on the Embassy in Libya. Three Americans were wounded, U.S. officials said. Stevens, a 52-year-old career diplomat, died after he became separated from other American officials during the attack. The northern California native had been dispatched to Benghazi amid heavy fighting in April 2011. Also killed was Sean Smith, 34, an Air Force veteran who had worked as an information management officer for 10 years in diplomatic posts in Brussels, Baghdad and Pretoria, South Africa. Smith was well known in the online video game community. The State Department late Thursday identified the other two Americans: Glen A. Doherty and Tyrone S. Woods, both former Navy SEALs who were providing security at the consulate.

    THE FALLOUT: Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney seized on the attacks Wednesday as an issue in the campaign, accusing President Barack Obama of apologizing for American values because of a conciliatory statement from the U.S. mission in Cairo. Romney said Obama's first reaction was to sympathize with the attackers rather than to condemn the attacks. The statement read: 'The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.' But it was issued to condemn anti-Muslim religious incitement as demonstrations against the film took place near the Cairo embassy and before demonstrators had breached the embassy walls - and even before the attack in Libya.


    The GOP nominee came under fire for his comments; Obama said in an interview with CBS News' '60 Minutes' that the episode showed Romney's penchant for having 'a tendency to shoot first and aim later.' Romney toned down his criticism Thursday and tried to shift the campaign focus back to the economy. Obama, meanwhile, ordered increased security at American embassies and consulates around the world Thursday following the attack and urged its citizens abroad to be vigilant. His administration sent two warships to the Libyan coast, ready to respond to any mission ordered by the president, and 50 Marines were sent to the Libyan capital of Tripoli to help with security. Obama told voters campaigning Thursday in Colorado that the Benghazi Consulate killers will be brought to justice and that protecting Americans serving abroad is one of his highest priorities.

    Source: AP

    Read more: Benghazi attack: U.S. consulate pictured after Libyan attack as it's revealed officials 'knew about attack plans 48 HOURS before' | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

    Do you see those Pics.....check out the Site and Look at what took place. See the Left has Known who buried the request for Security and that was Charlene Lamb Which I think I had that down In Grims thread. If not.....they even have Lamb saying she didn't even bother to tell anyone after the people on the ground left the first time.

    So IMO I think we can see she is one of the Key ones they will blame.

  4. #124
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,663

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    AFTER THE FALLOUT: KEY FACTS ABOUT BENGHAZI ATTACKS




    Anti-American protests have erupted in the Middle East over a crudely made film mocking the prophet Muhammad, resulting in violent embassy protests around the Middle East, fallout in the U.S. presidential campaign and heightened security at U.S. facilities abroad.

    THE FILM: Fourteen-minute clips of the amateurish anti-Islam film 'Innocence of Muslims' have been posted on YouTube. The clips depict the prophet Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a madman in an overtly mocking way, showing him having sex and calling for massacres. Muslims find it offensive to depict Muhammad in any fashion, much less in an insulting way. Google Inc., owner of YouTube, has pulled down the video in Egypt, but it is still accessible in the U.S. and other countries.

    The film supposedly runs two hours. Film industry groups and permit agencies haven't been able to find records of a project called 'Innocence of Muslims,' though a Los Angeles film permit agency did find a record of a movie filmed in Los Angeles last year with the working title 'Desert Warriors.' The film apparently had a brief run at the Vine Theater, a faded Hollywood movie house. The YouTube clips are called 'Muhammad Movie Trailer' and 'The Real Life of Muhammad.'

    THE FILMMAKER: Federal authorities say the shadowy figure behind the film is Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, a California man once convicted of financial crimes and prohibited from using computers or the Internet as part of his sentence. Authorities have connected Nakoula to the persona of Sam Bacile, someone who initially claimed to The Associated Press to be the writer and director of the film.

    The YouTube clips were posted under the username 'sam bacile.' Nakoula told the AP in an interview Wednesday that he managed logistics for the company that made the film. He denied he was Bacile and said he didn't direct the film, though he said he knew Bacile. Bacile turned out to be a false identity, and the AP traced a cellphone number used by Bacile to a home where a reporter located Nakoula. Court papers in 2010 said Nakoula had many aliases, including Nicola Bacily, Robert Bacily and Erwin Salameh. The man identifying himself as Bacile claimed to be an Israeli Jew, but evidence shows he is a Coptic Christian. He told the AP he is a real estate developer, but his name does not appear in searches of California real estate licenses.

    THE PROTESTS: The film has sparked assaults across the Middle East. In Libya on Tuesday, the storming of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi killed the American ambassador, Chris Stevens, and three other embassy staff members. Libyan officials say the attack in Benghazi was a planned operation by heavily armed militants that may have been timed to mark the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks on the U.S. and that the militants used civilian protesters as cover for their action.

    In Egypt, angry youths climbed the walls of the U.S Embassy on Tuesday in Cairo and brought down the flag. In Yemen, hundreds of protesters angered by the film stormed the U.S. Embassy on Thursday in the capital of Sanaa and burned the American flag, chanting 'death to America' and 'death to Israel.' In Iraq, several hundred Shiite hardliners protested Thursday in Baghdad's Shiite stronghold of Sadr City, and the leader of an Iranian-backed Shiite militia, Asaib Ahl al-Haq, threatened anti-U.S. attacks. And in Iran, about 50 protesters shouted, 'Death to America' outside the Swiss Embassy, which looks after U.S. interests there. Riot police kept the crowd at bay.

    THE VICTIMS: Four Americans were killed in the attack on the Embassy in Libya. Three Americans were wounded, U.S. officials said. Stevens, a 52-year-old career diplomat, died after he became separated from other American officials during the attack. The northern California native had been dispatched to Benghazi amid heavy fighting in April 2011. Also killed was Sean Smith, 34, an Air Force veteran who had worked as an information management officer for 10 years in diplomatic posts in Brussels, Baghdad and Pretoria, South Africa. Smith was well known in the online video game community. The State Department late Thursday identified the other two Americans: Glen A. Doherty and Tyrone S. Woods, both former Navy SEALs who were providing security at the consulate.

    THE FALLOUT: Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney seized on the attacks Wednesday as an issue in the campaign, accusing President Barack Obama of apologizing for American values because of a conciliatory statement from the U.S. mission in Cairo. Romney said Obama's first reaction was to sympathize with the attackers rather than to condemn the attacks. The statement read: 'The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.' But it was issued to condemn anti-Muslim religious incitement as demonstrations against the film took place near the Cairo embassy and before demonstrators had breached the embassy walls - and even before the attack in Libya.


    The GOP nominee came under fire for his comments; Obama said in an interview with CBS News' '60 Minutes' that the episode showed Romney's penchant for having 'a tendency to shoot first and aim later.' Romney toned down his criticism Thursday and tried to shift the campaign focus back to the economy. Obama, meanwhile, ordered increased security at American embassies and consulates around the world Thursday following the attack and urged its citizens abroad to be vigilant. His administration sent two warships to the Libyan coast, ready to respond to any mission ordered by the president, and 50 Marines were sent to the Libyan capital of Tripoli to help with security. Obama told voters campaigning Thursday in Colorado that the Benghazi Consulate killers will be brought to justice and that protecting Americans serving abroad is one of his highest priorities.

    Source: AP

    Read more: Benghazi attack: U.S. consulate pictured after Libyan attack as it's revealed officials 'knew about attack plans 48 HOURS before' | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

    Do you see those Pics.....check out the Site and Look at what took place. See the Left has Known who buried the request for Security and that was Charlene Lamb Which I think I had that down In Grims thread. If not.....they even have Lamb saying she didn't even bother to tell anyone after the people on the ground left the first time.

    So IMO I think we can see she is one of the Key ones they will blame.
    Sad thing is...I am really beginning to believe Obama is so inept that he knows little if anything about what happens in his administration. Nor does he care.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Just more proof we have a state run media
    Is there any doubt? Fascist government needs a controlled press.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #126
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,973

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Ah ... following the traditional coverup structure blueprint.
    That "Let's just fix the problem rather than assign blame" is always the last bad brick to be tried after all the other bad bricks have failed.


    Ahh...the traditional "I've been totally defeated in the debate so I'll ignore all relevant points and provide a circular argument" blueprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, I would remind you of the statements by Team Obama and the left that concern investigations and what they say they have going on too. Which that is all running current. With whatever the Republicans have to say.
    Your constant. Sentence fragments. Make no sense.

    Even the AP is reporting more whistle-blowers will be coming forward.
    Wow, that means we can continue to draw this dog and pony show out longer and still not getting any new relevant information.

    Plus like I said......now we have a way to look at what News Sources can be applied to the Benghazi Story. Or if they don't.
    Again, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Was making up a fanciful story to get through an election a political ploy?
    What fanciful story? The YouTube video was not even close to a fanciful story, it was debunked inside a month.

    I cannot answer why the video was blamed, but I'll give you my best guess. My guess is the video was blamed for a number of reasons. The first, and most prominent, was to hide the presence of the CIA at the consulate. I don't know if the information was to be hid to protect identities of Libyans working with us, to protect our own officers or to hide from the Libyan government we had a CIA headquarters there. Blaming the video would give the terrorists a reason to attack, where there otherwise was little reason to attack. We know that in the course of investigation, our Congressman have outed the identities of some of the Libyans who were working with us, putting their lives in danger. So my guess is this was the most prominent reason to try and divert attention to a video.

    The first reason also impacted the second reason, which has to do with the preparation failure at the consulate. I have no idea how accurate the reasoning behind the failure is, but I would guess part of the reason the consulate was not better secured was due to the fact it was operating as an intelligence center, and it's not as simple as hiring the local handman to come strengthen the compound. I'll fully admit this is conjecture, but it makes enough sense that it's a reasonable guess.

    The third reason is impacted by the first two. Yes, I think it was also political, but it was political because the classified nature of the first two made it difficult to explain otherwise. Romney had already shown he was willing to politicize the attack in order to win the Presidency, we saw that almost immediately with his tweet right after it happened. So I think there was also pressure to try and downplay (not cover up, two entirely separate concepts) what happened, because, if it was because of the first two reasons I mentioned, Obama could not come out and tell Americans 100% what happened.

    Another reason the story became what it was is because neither the CIA nor the State department wanted to take the blame for what happened. The release of the e-mails has kind of highlighted that theory.

    So those are my theories on why things played out the way they did. As usual, nothing is as simple as either political party wants the voting public to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    So a cover up should be ignored?
    What cover up? What exactly are you alleging is being covered up? Those who keep droning on and on about a cover-up never even tell us what is supposedly being covered up. What's being covered up?
    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Allow me to answer. It's a yes and no answer. Yes, it was a regrettable decision, and the people responsible at State have already been fired. No, this does not rise to the level of WH involvement, or even to the cabinet heads of the various departments, who I should add, are all out of office now. Please refer to the tomes I've already posted here to find additional answers, depending on the question. The election is over. What happened then has no relevance to what is happening now. (How am I doing?)
    Up to this point, you've made the most sense I've seen from you in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Ty Woods died on a rooftop waiting for help that never came, and I want to know why.
    If you're still wanting answers to questions which have been answered multiple times, then there's no helping you. The answers have been given multiple times, by multiple people.

    What I want to know is why people keep asking questions which have already been answered multiple times. Here, maybe George W. Bush's former Secretary of Defense can explain it to the point you'll actually listen to.

    I only know what I have read in the media. I havenít had any briefings or anything. And I think the one place where I might be able to say something useful has to do with some of the talk about the military response. And I listened to the testimony of both Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey. And frankly had I been in the job at the time I think my decisions would have been just as theirs were. We donít have a ready force standing by in the Middle East. Despite all the turmoil thatís going on, with planes on strip alert, troops ready to deploy at a momentís notice. And so getting somebody there in a timely way Ė would have been very difficult, if not impossible. And frankly, Iíve heard, ďWell, why didnít you just fly a fighter jet over and try and scare Ďem with the noise or something?Ē Well, given the number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from Gaddafiís arsenals, I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft Ė over Benghazi under those circumstances.


    With respect to sending in special forces or a small group of people to try and provide help, based on everything I have read, people really didnít know what was going on in Benghazi contemporaneously. And to send some small number of special forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, I think, would have been very dangerous. And personally, I would not have approved that because we just donít itís sort of a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces. The one thing that our forces are noted for is planning and preparation before we send people in harmís way. And there just wasnít time to do that.Ē

    Robert Gates on Benghazi: ‘There just wasn’t time’

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post


    Ahh...the traditional "I've been totally defeated in the debate so I'll ignore all relevant points and provide a circular argument" blueprint.
    Your constant. Sentence fragments. Make no sense.

    Wow, that means we can continue to draw this dog and pony show out longer and still not getting any new relevant information.

    Again, I have no idea what you're trying to say.


    What fanciful story? The YouTube video was not even close to a fanciful story, it was debunked inside a month.

    I cannot answer why the video was blamed, but I'll give you my best guess. My guess is the video was blamed for a number of reasons. The first, and most prominent, was to hide the presence of the CIA at the consulate. I don't know if the information was to be hid to protect identities of Libyans working with us, to protect our own officers or to hide from the Libyan government we had a CIA headquarters there. Blaming the video would give the terrorists a reason to attack, where there otherwise was little reason to attack. We know that in the course of investigation, our Congressman have outed the identities of some of the Libyans who were working with us, putting their lives in danger. So my guess is this was the most prominent reason to try and divert attention to a video.

    The first reason also impacted the second reason, which has to do with the preparation failure at the consulate. I have no idea how accurate the reasoning behind the failure is, but I would guess part of the reason the consulate was not better secured was due to the fact it was operating as an intelligence center, and it's not as simple as hiring the local handman to come strengthen the compound. I'll fully admit this is conjecture, but it makes enough sense that it's a reasonable guess.

    The third reason is impacted by the first two. Yes, I think it was also political, but it was political because the classified nature of the first two made it difficult to explain otherwise. Romney had already shown he was willing to politicize the attack in order to win the Presidency, we saw that almost immediately with his tweet right after it happened. So I think there was also pressure to try and downplay (not cover up, two entirely separate concepts) what happened, because, if it was because of the first two reasons I mentioned, Obama could not come out and tell Americans 100% what happened.

    Another reason the story became what it was is because neither the CIA nor the State department wanted to take the blame for what happened. The release of the e-mails has kind of highlighted that theory.

    So those are my theories on why things played out the way they did. As usual, nothing is as simple as either political party wants the voting public to believe.
    What cover up? What exactly are you alleging is being covered up? Those who keep droning on and on about a cover-up never even tell us what is supposedly being covered up. What's being covered up?
    Up to this point, you've made the most sense I've seen from you in this thread.

    If you're still wanting answers to questions which have been answered multiple times, then there's no helping you. The answers have been given multiple times, by multiple people.

    What I want to know is why people keep asking questions which have already been answered multiple times. Here, maybe George W. Bush's former Secretary of Defense can explain it to the point you'll actually listen to.


    [/INDENT]Robert Gates on Benghazi: ‘There just wasn’t time’
    we keep asking the same question because the answers we get ain't nothing but BS. for example. they keep claiming that help wouldn't get there in time to help. how in the hell did they know that? how in the hell did they know when the attack was going to end? since you claim to have all the answers maybe you can answer that simple question

  8. #128
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,973

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    we keep asking the same question because the answers we get ain't nothing but BS.
    It's BS? How is it BS?

    they keep claiming that help wouldn't get there in time to help. how in the hell did they know that?
    Because they are incredibly experienced in the logistics of military action? Because they know what our forces are capable of and how quickly it's possible to move? Because they understand the preparation necessary to conduct these types of operations and the amount of intelligence needed to properly plan? Because it's their JOB to know these things?

    how in the hell did they know when the attack was going to end?
    It ended when we evacuated those at the annex. What, did you think those at the annex just stepped into a teleporter? Help got there as soon as it could, and when it did, we evacuated.

    You seem to be confusing different things. First of all, within the first half hour or so of the first attack on the consulate, Stevens and Smith were dead. Once the attack started, NOTHING could have saved them. A team from the annex arrived to the consulate (about an hour later I believe) and evacuated those who were still in the consulate after the first attack. Then (and I don't remember the exact time, but I believe it was around 12:30 Benghazi time) a six man team arrived from Tripoli. So reinforcements were sent and one of their primary objectives was to find Stevens (who had been taken to the hospital). Then, around 4:30 (again, I believe this is right, I don't have a timeline in front of me at the moment) the attack on the annex commenced. Woods and Doherty were killed by mortar fire...what could have saved them? I posted earlier in this thread an article from a former marine officer and special operations leader and he went through the various scenarios and showed why it was nearly impossible to do anything which would have saved Woods and Doherty. Just in my last post, I provided a transcript of an interview from Bush's former Sec of Defense in which he explained why there was little which could be done. Panetta (and apparently Dempsey) have explained why nothing could be done.

    How many people with experience in this area do you need to explain it to you?

    since you claim to have all the answers maybe you can answer that simple question
    I've already provided you the answers, from people far more qualified than I am to answer. Once more, you are asking questions which have already been answered.

  9. #129
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It's BS? How is it BS?

    Because they are incredibly experienced in the logistics of military action? Because they know what our forces are capable of and how quickly it's possible to move? Because they understand the preparation necessary to conduct these types of operations and the amount of intelligence needed to properly plan? Because it's their JOB to know these things?

    It ended when we evacuated those at the annex. What, did you think those at the annex just stepped into a teleporter? Help got there as soon as it could, and when it did, we evacuated.

    You seem to be confusing different things. First of all, within the first half hour or so of the first attack on the consulate, Stevens and Smith were dead. Once the attack started, NOTHING could have saved them. A team from the annex arrived to the consulate (about an hour later I believe) and evacuated those who were still in the consulate after the first attack. Then (and I don't remember the exact time, but I believe it was around 12:30 Benghazi time) a six man team arrived from Tripoli. So reinforcements were sent and one of their primary objectives was to find Stevens (who had been taken to the hospital). Then, around 4:30 (again, I believe this is right, I don't have a timeline in front of me at the moment) the attack on the annex commenced. Woods and Doherty were killed by mortar fire...what could have saved them? I posted earlier in this thread an article from a former marine officer and special operations leader and he went through the various scenarios and showed why it was nearly impossible to do anything which would have saved Woods and Doherty. Just in my last post, I provided a transcript of an interview from Bush's former Sec of Defense in which he explained why there was little which could be done. Panetta (and apparently Dempsey) have explained why nothing could be done.

    How many people with experience in this area do you need to explain it to you?


    I've already provided you the answers, from people far more qualified than I am to answer. Once more, you are asking questions which have already been answered.
    Every embassy needs Mass Acceleration 1 Man Balloon harnesses. The opposite of parachutes. you pop a cord and it shoots you many many hundred feet into the air. Then a plane with a "skyhook" comes and rescues them just like batman.

    Although I could see this being VERY dangerous in the hands of secret troops for quick escape if the troops served a nefarious person.

    Someone may chide me that real life isnt fantasy but I believe this could actually work.

    It would have to be bulletproof (or resistant) and infused with a gas so light it really shot them into the air fast.

    Floating away into the sky like dorthy in wizard of oz is much better than getting swarmed by zombies.

    Maybe even have 50 fake dummies on ball0ons also shoot out of the roofs with the real people having homing devices for pickup. Train the real people to stay still like dummies :p
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,272

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post

    It was an outdoor meeting and for nostalgia sake, he used his Vorvarts! placard.
    It was a big hit as he rubbed the bellies of his propagandists afterwards and gave them all a Doggie Bag.
    Love it. Truly love it.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •