Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 151

Thread: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I'm not bothering with all that repetition. You're asking a public that can fly from NY to LA in less than 6 hours to believe that help could not have arrived in time in Benghazi. That's not only false Sly, it's downright stupid. I can buy a ticket, pack, get to the airport, and arrive in LA in less than 7 hours from right now here on the east coast. That's civilian aircraft, Sly. Don't tell me the military can't do better than that when I know they can. Anyhow, continue without me. I've reached my BS exposure limit for the day.
    Yeah, I know how ya feel when it comes to long lengthy Books that still can't get the point.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Good luck with getting any of the spinners to read anything like that. They're still busy saying no one anywhere was ordered to stand down. Nobody was available. The cat ate all the ammo. There was no military presence anywhere within 10,000 miles. Everybody was dead. It was Mission Impossible. Can you imagine what they'd say if someone told them we have to invade Europe by establishing a beach head in a place like Normandy under heavy fire from a well entrenched and equipped army? We'd all be speaking German without ever having lifted a finger to stop it.
    Oh, and don't forget they want all to forget the same screw up they had with Kenya that mirrors this one. Oh and their fall back excuse......that those who fell couldn't have been saved anyways.

    But don't you worry.....they are still investigating.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,966

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Not quite.....the Implications was that they didn't invite all of the media.
    Completely false. Watch this:

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    so why off the record? what was the purpose of the meeting ? is it so the media can coordinate the WH talking points with each other? is it so they can all perform the same spin to make this go away

    Just more proof we have a state run media
    That's the opening post of this thread. The implication is clear...hell, it's not even implied, it's stated. Then we have this nugget:

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's where the state run press gets it instructions on how to handle the Benghazi Debacle.

    Maddow, Matthews and Shultz are on the front row, I'm sure.
    And this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's the start of one of their stories, you know, the ones that go "a senior White House source today would not confirm on the record but hinted that President Obama can, indeed, turn water into wine".
    And the list goes on. It was very clearly trying to establish a conspiracy/partnership between the White House and the media.

    Also.....I would have to agree with you that you don't know what your talking about.
    So you agree I don't know why the specific agencies which were there were there? Great. Do you? If not, then do you even have a point anymore?

    You must have been confused with the Prof and I.
    No. You asked a question I had already answered. There was no confusion, just your obvious lack of reading my post.

    As I have been posting up the ones which showed that Team Obama Lied, Falsified info, changed their Narrative, and when they were the Inept fools like that they are and have showed themselves to be.
    No, you posted a question to me, a question I directly quoted, that I had already answered. You then became annoyed I didn't repeat myself and, after some word twisting by you, here we are.

    Course as usual.....while proving those like yourself. Don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. Either with those here in the US over Benghazi or with those in Libya.
    You've had your chance to spar with me over Banghazi and you wanted no part of it. Your last post on the subject was in reference to how active the search was in Libya by Libyans (not if it was active, just merely how active and reading it again, I saw nothing which addressed US investigation). Or, at least, that was all I bothered to read (I think I made it through the first line or so), because you selectively posting articles which agree with your opinion and posting them in their entirety is a waste of everyone's time. This came after your absurd comments about why we haven't brought whomever it was in for questioning.

    I am actively debating Benghazi right now with another poster. You've shown no real interest in jumping in, mostly because you know I'm 100% accurate. So I suggest you stop with the baseless accusations that I don't know what I'm talking about, when it's clear you do not desire to discuss Benghazi with me. All you want to do is ask why I'm not buying into the ridiculous notion of a conspiracy with the media, and then ignore me when I answer the question.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 05-13-13 at 02:04 AM.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Completely false. Watch this:



    That's the opening post of this thread. The implication is clear...hell, it's not even implied, it's stated. Then we have this nugget:



    And this one:



    And the list goes on. It was very clearly trying to establish a conspiracy/partnership between the White House and the media.

    So you agree I don't know why the specific agencies which were there were there? Great. Do you? If not, then do you even have a point anymore?

    No. You asked a question I had already answered. There was no confusion, just your obvious lack of reading my post.

    No, you posted a question to me, a question I directly quoted, that I had already answered. You then became annoyed I didn't repeat myself and, after some word twisting by you, here we are.


    You've had your chance to spar with me over Banghazi and you wanted no part of it. Your last post on the subject was in reference to how active the search was in Libya by Libyans (not if it was active, just merely how active). Or, at least, that was all I bothered to read (I think I made it through the first line or so), because you selectively posting articles which agree with your opinion and posting them in their entirety is a waste of everyone's time. This came after your absurd comments about why we haven't brought whomever it was in for questioning.

    I am actively debating Benghazi right now with another poster. You've shown no real interest in jumping in, mostly because you know I'm 100% accurate. So I suggest you stop with the baseless accusations that I don't know what I'm talking about, when it's clear you do not desire to discuss Benghazi with me. All you want to do is ask why I'm not buying into the ridiculous notion of a conspiracy, and then ignore me when I answer the question.


    Well, in this thread we were talking about How Carney didn't invite all the of the media. While you talked about Rwing sources. I asked if you were confused on the part if he had invited all new Sources. Especially since he (Carney) had said he had. All that was required was a yes or no answer. Not an Encyclopedic answer that goes tangential.

    As far as Benghazi.....your lack of understanding was shown. When you couldn't figure out that part about the Ansar al Sharia. Whom we trained and was part of the Security. Which you aptly say you could NOT comprehend any other information from the Libyans. That you think it doesn't apply to anything that is going on in Libya or about Benghazi.

  5. #95
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Go where? He would not have gotten there in time to save Smith or Stevens, and there was a team which arrived in Benghazi at around 11:30 (I believe it was).

    But the idea them being there making a difference is, even if the logistics had been perfect. As the article I posted showed.

    I don't understand...I'm prepared to go to work tomorrow to win a million dollars. If I'm prepared to do that, does it make it true?

    Again, I point you back to the common sense article I posted earlier. The fact you continue refusing to acknowledge it shows just how uninterested you are in discussing the safety of Americans and how interested you are in making political attacks.

    Let's get back to what's important. Let's focus on making sure other forces around the world are safe. We know it was not a video protest, but a coordinated attack by our enemy. We know preparation at the consulate was inadequate. We know the Benghazi location was being used as a CIA base. We know help was sent, multiple times. We know NOTHING could have saved Smith or Stevens once the attack started. We know that mortar fire killed Woods and Doherty, and more troops at the annex would not have changed a thing. We know the situation developed rapidly and while we now have the hindsight of 20/20, those who were making the decisions in real time did not. We know there was no secure landing area, we know our knowledge of the situation was limited and we know four Americans were killed.

    We know after this happened a video was implicated as the reason. We know the video was not to blame. We know talking points were changed multiple times before the video was blamed. We know Republicans were seeking to politicize the deaths of four Americans to have a better chance to win the Presidency, and we know the Democrats were seeking to downplay the attack to have a better chance to keep the Presidency. We know failures in the system were there and we know recommendations to fix them were made.

    Here's what we don't know. We don't know why the video was initially blamed, though I suspect it had a lot to do with protecting the intelligence officers which were in Benghazi at the time of the attack or perhaps even trying to protect the fact we had CIA there. We don't know why the talking points changed, though quite a bit of evidence now suggests it was because of a pissing match between the State Department and the CIA. But really, in the words of Clinton, what difference does it make? Does knowing why the video was blamed bring back those four Americans? Does it put Romney in the White House? Does knowing why the talking points changed protect other ambassadors and consulates/embassies around the world?

    There's one last thing we don't know. We don't know how much improvement has been made in protecting our other personnel. Why don't we know? Because it's not being asked. Of the three "major" things (and I use the word major liberally, because only one of these matter), this is the only one which has any effect on anything. So let's spend more time worrying about this one, than worrying about waste of time political attacks.

    I've seen over the last couple of days the IRS targeted Tea Party applications for tax-exempt status. Maybe now that Republicans have a new chew toy, we can finally end the Benghazi witch hunt and focus on what's important, which is the best possible security of our forces around the world.
    No .
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #96
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I have to agree. Fox is pretty mainstream when it comes down to things. It is part of the show and it works with the other networks to pretend there is some sort of real fight going on while the thieves are behind you stealing whatever you have left. The thieves in this case being congress who hoists up the corporations and unions and the unions and corporations who then steal your money.

    I have to agree fox is certainly a part of all of that along with all the others you mentioned. Unfortunately it now seems The Blaze is getting support as a mainstream news source also. I don't think they are quite there yet but i have noticed a bunch of feeds that use multiple sources where they have all of a sudden started to show up when they never did before.
    Well, we have people in here that use Media Matters as a source, so the Blaze is not out of the question.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #97
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Way to completely miss the point. "Off the record" discussions between the white house and reporters are not some new sinister thing that should make one terrified of the media. They happen all the time.
    Who said anyone was "terrified" of the media? That you accept the incestuous relationship between this administration, and MSM outlets that you rely on, tells everyone that you are really easily led.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #98
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Yes. Politics is getting in the way of productivity. I cannot believe there are not better uses of our Senators' time than a witch hunt which does nothing to protect Americans.

    Unless you want to claim Americans wanted other Americans to die, it's a pretty safe bet no decision was made without the best of intentions.

    Yes, it does, to anyone with common sense. Committing more lives to a situation deemed to be impossible to save is stupid, and goes against a history's worth of military decisions. If we had rushed into a situation we didn't know anything about, and 20 additional soldiers had died, are you telling me that's BETTER than what happened? That would be far worse.

    The problems with this situation are the actions, or better yet inactions, before the attack. After the attack, I cannot imagine anyone wanted those 4 Americans to die. So unless you are claiming those with power wanted Americans to die, you really do not have a point any more.

    No one cares about your disgust. Your disgust is irrelevant to the truth.

    You're joking right? Do I need to remind you of Romney's tweet immediately after? Do I need to again point out how Republicans are not doing ANYTHING to ensure the safety of other Americans in their witch hunt to discredit the Democrats?

    You seem all gung-ho about keeping people who realistically had little chance of safety safe, and yet now when we actually DO have a chance to help keep Americans safe, you're not interested. Spare me your disgust on your provably false claim we didn't send help, and reapply it to the fact no one in Congress seems to be interested in making sure the breakdowns which happened previously do not happen again.

    There isn't any point in you continuing this discussion. You've lied about your own words. You've been proven false on your claim no help was sent. You claimed conservatives didn't make this a political issue when Romney was the very first person to make this a political issue. You want to put more lives in danger to save people who were already dead. And you claim disgust at not helping Americans, and yet, you are constantly ignoring my calls for Senators to focus on making sure Americans around the world are as secure as possible.

    You're only interested in this for the same reason Republicans are...pure political politics. That's it. The facts and evidence are against you in nearly every way and you STILL want to focus on something which has already been proven false, instead of helping other Americans who are alive and serving this country.

    Give up the political games. Let's focus on what's important. What's important is that four Americans died because of improper preparation. Let's spend our time making sure that doesn't happen again.
    So you've confirmed that every post you've committed to this thread is an effort to minimize damage to the political left. The whole disaster that was Benghazi has been a political effort by the left from start to finish, with some unfortunate deaths involved that are collateral damage nobody could do anything about, and from your perspective, it wasn't any negligence, incompetence, or a devil may care attitude about the deaths. In fact, it was the republicans who caused all of this, and continue to place our facilities overseas in danger. Got it. Yeah. You're a veritable font of logic and common sense.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,966

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, in this thread we were talking about How Carney didn't invite all the of the media.
    Yes, and you asked a question I had already answered. Why do I have to keep repeating myself for you?

    While you talked about Rwing sources.
    Who were there, thus showing this was not a conspiracy between the White House and the media. What part of this is difficult for you to understand?

    Especially since he (Carney) had said he had.
    In the press conference, Carney said 14 news agencies were represented, in video, print and online. I'm not aware of Carney saying all news sources were invited?

    All that was required was a yes or no answer.
    All that was required was for you to have read the post of mine you quoted before you asked the same question.

    As far as Benghazi.....your lack of understanding was shown. When you couldn't figure out that part about the Ansar al Sharia.
    We never talked about Ansar al Sharia. You seem to have me confused with someone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    So you've confirmed that every post you've committed to this thread is an effort to minimize damage to the political left.


    No, I've confirmed in every post I want to get past political nonsense and focus on what's important. The fact you want to continue political attacks and not worry about the safety of Americans demonstrate to me exactly where your priorities in this thread are.

    The whole disaster that was Benghazi has been a political effort by the left from start to finish, with some unfortunate deaths involved that are collateral damage nobody could do anything about, and from your perspective, it wasn't any negligence, incompetence, or a devil may care attitude about the deaths.
    Have you read ANYTHING I've posted? Clearly you haven't. In your attempt to sensationalize what I've said, you've not only taken comments completely out of context, but are outright lying.

    I've said there was incompetence. I said lies were told. What I'm saying is the incompetence needs to be fixed to protect other Americans. What I'm saying is Republicans are not concerned at all about the incompetence, but rather political implications. If we're going to debate, at least have the decency to not falsely present my argument.

    In fact, it was the republicans who caused all of this
    Caused it? No. Contributed to? Yes, just like Democrats contributed to it. That's the difference between you and me...I don't care about blaming either party. Both are responsible, to varying degrees, for what we now have today.

    and continue to place our facilities overseas in danger.
    Could you please tell me what they are actively doing to make sure what happened in Benghazi doesn't happen again? No? Then I think it's pretty clear what purpose Republicans have.

    You're a veritable font of logic and common sense.
    Indeed I am. Furthermore, I'm not scared to present your argument exactly as you present it, because I don't have to lie about my own words or change your argument. My argument is 100% accurate. The sad part is...what exactly are you scared of? Are you scared people will think you care about making sure Americans are as safe as they can be? Are you scared people will think you're willing to ignore trivialities to focus on what's important?

    I honestly have no idea why you're still arguing with me about something which should be common sense for everyone.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: White House holds OFF-THE-RECORD briefing with reporters on Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post

    Could you please tell me what they are actively doing to make sure what happened in Benghazi doesn't happen again? No? Then I think it's pretty clear what purpose Republicans have.
    Btw, if you needed to know what was one thing they decided to come up with what to do for going forward with Protecting our Embassies. That was to make Sure a Fest Team is Deployed on a Ship in those regions. Its called working with the other side in Bi-Partisan manner. Just an FYI.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •