Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    LOS ANGELES -- Automakers are in the uncomfortable position of building mostly at a loss a class of small electric cars that garner a lot of attention but few sales just to satisfy rules imposed by one state, California.

    As a result, they've acquired the name "compliance cars."

    Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

  2. #2
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    LOS ANGELES -- Automakers are in the uncomfortable position of building mostly at a loss a class of small electric cars that garner a lot of attention but few sales just to satisfy rules imposed by one state, California.

    As a result, they've acquired the name "compliance cars."

    Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules
    Well, not only are they compliance cars, but every car purchaser in the nation will be paying for the actions brought about by a California regulatory agency, the California Air Resources Board, the EPA's evil cousin.

    By 2025, nearly 20% of all new cars sold in California must be Zero Emissions Vehicles - ZEV's for short... (The current Chevy Volt does not qualify)

    Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Program

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, not only are they compliance cars, but every car purchaser in the nation will be paying for the actions brought about by a California regulatory agency, the California Air Resources Board, the EPA's evil cousin.

    By 2025, nearly 20% of all new cars sold in California must be Zero Emissions Vehicles - ZEV's for short... (The current Chevy Volt does not qualify)

    Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Program
    I wish the automakers would stick together and pull out of california

  4. #4
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, not only are they compliance cars, but every car purchaser in the nation will be paying for the actions brought about by a California regulatory agency, the California Air Resources Board, the EPA's evil cousin.

    By 2025, nearly 20% of all new cars sold in California must be Zero Emissions Vehicles - ZEV's for short... (The current Chevy Volt does not qualify)

    Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Program
    Where are the lawyers on this ?

    Why is Cal so special as to be granted their own laws?

    Rhetorical ? I know the answer.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    I am buying this tomorrow, thank god I am not from California

    Attachment 67147276

  6. #6
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I wish the automakers would stick together and pull out of california
    That's the thing. The Liberal/progressives running California know California is the largest auto market in the United States, so automakers have no choice but to bend over and take it.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    That's the thing. The Liberal/progressives running California know California is the largest auto market in the United States, so automakers have no choice but to bend over and take it.
    They could limit the models they sell there and should

  8. #8
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    Where are the lawyers on this ?

    Why is Cal so special as to be granted their own laws?

    Rhetorical ? I know the answer.
    Why are companies continuing to do business there? Because they have money to spend.

    My company is always doing something special just for Cali

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    That's the thing. The Liberal/progressives running California know California is the largest auto market in the United States, so automakers have no choice but to bend over and take it.
    No, they have a choice and I resent that don't make that choice. I'm tired of paying for California's incompetent legislature.

  10. #10
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Automakers hawk electric 'compliance cars' to meet rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I am buying this tomorrow, thank god I am not from California

    Attachment 67147276
    If you drive it close to Ft Wayne let me know.

    I want a ride!!!!

    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •