Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 732

Thread: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups[W:484,732]

  1. #601
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You've got it backwards. The burden of proof is on
    you. Where is your evidence that there was a plot to attack conservatives for political purposes??

    Without evidence, the default assumption is that the IRS was doing this TO COLLECT TAXES.
    Why exactly did they apologize ?

  2. #602
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You've got it backwards. The burden of proof is on you. Where is your evidence that there was a plot to attack conservatives for political purposes??

    Without evidence, the default assumption is that the IRS was doing this TO COLLECT TAXES.
    Don't put words in my mouth please. And stay tuned for testimony from Lois Lerner tomorrow.

  3. #603
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Why exactly did they apologize ?
    What they did was unconstitutional, even if their motive was to collect taxes.

  4. #604
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth please. And stay tuned for testimony from Lois Lerner tomorrow.
    I accept your de facto concession that you have no evidence.

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You've got it backwards. The burden of proof is on you. Where is your evidence that there was a plot to attack conservatives for political purposes??

    Without evidence, the default assumption is that the IRS was doing this TO COLLECT TAXES.
    collect taxes?

    You don't know much about this scandal do you?

    This has nothing to do with taxes.... The IRS was PROBING conservative groups - not financially but ideologically.

    Have you seen the documents that were sent to "conservative" organizations? They ask questions like "what do your prayers consist of" or "provide every post on your facebook wall."

    The fracking IRS was basically attacking individuals in an Orwellian nature.

  6. #606
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    collect taxes?

    You don't know much about this scandal do you?

    This has nothing to do with taxes.... The IRS was PROBING conservative groups - not financially but ideologically.

    Have you seen the documents that were sent to "conservative" organizations? They ask questions like "what do your prayers consist of" or "provide every post on your facebook wall."

    The fracking IRS was basically attacking individuals in an Orwellian nature.
    Good lord, the nerve of some people. Do you, Mr. Nick, have even the slightest clue why the IRS might probe a group applying for tax exempt status as to their political beliefs??

    The answer is that the nature of the political actions of the group determines whether that group will qualify for tax exempt status. Everything the IRS asked is relevant to the inquiry. You are the one who clearly knows nothing about this, Mr. Nick.

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    What they did was unconstitutional, even if their motive was to collect taxes.
    Have you seen the documents? they weren't trying to collect taxes. The IRS was attempting to gather intelligence on dissenting organizations.

    It was only a matter of time before this happened.

    I don't think people realize that Obama and his congress turned the IRS into the new CIA.

    I've been saying this for several years now - that the IRS is the new CIA and generally people tell me to put my tinfoil hat back on because allegedly our government is benevolent....

  8. #608
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Have you seen the documents? they weren't trying to collect taxes. The IRS was attempting to gather intelligence on dissenting organizations.

    It was only a matter of time before this happened.

    I don't think people realize that Obama and his congress turned the IRS into the new CIA.

    I've been saying this for several years now - that the IRS is the new CIA and generally people tell me to put my tinfoil hat back on because allegedly our government is benevolent....
    You are now in the realm of conspiracy theories. This was not "intelligence gathering.". It was gathering pertinent information to allow the IRS to make a determination as to whether the groups were issue advocacy groups or political campaigns. That is the job of the IRS!

  9. #609
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Good lord, the nerve of some people. Do you, Mr. Nick, have even the slightest clue why the IRS might probe a group applying for tax exempt status as to their political beliefs??

    The answer is that the nature of the political actions of the group determines whether that group will qualify for tax exempt status. Everything the IRS asked is relevant to the inquiry. You are the one who clearly knows nothing about this, Mr. Nick.
    Then audit them, don't demand they disclose prayer or facebook posts to prove they're anything but what they said they are.

    Has there been a case of fraud yet?

    When are you going to let the IRS inspect your home? when are you going to disclose your personal relationships with family members?

  10. #610
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    collect taxes?

    You don't know much about this scandal do you?

    This has nothing to do with taxes.... The IRS was PROBING conservative groups - not financially but ideologically.

    Have you seen the documents that were sent to "conservative" organizations? They ask questions like "what do your prayers consist of" or "provide every post on your facebook wall."

    The fracking IRS was basically attacking individuals in an Orwellian nature.
    hey, nick
    this was the IRS
    YES, it has to do with taxes

    in this case the matter was about organizations who sought TAX EXEMPTION status from the irs
    once the application was received the irs then had to determine whether the applicant's circumstance complied with the regulations
    thee regulations prevented tax exempt status for those organizations whose PRIMARY undertaking was involvement in political campaigns
    so, those applicants whose applications provided an indication that their PRIMARY activity MIGHT entail involvement in political campaigns were pushed into one pile for deeper examination to determine the degree of their political campaign involvement ... whether it was primary or secondary
    in the meantime, those who were charged with making those decisions asked the higher ups in irs for definition, a benchmark, to use to make such determinations
    the senior management displayed incompetence by dragging their collective feet in providing such much-requested technical guidance

    the majority of applicants who were placed in the deeper review stack were not organizations with names which would be assumed from conservative groups
    the irs commissioner at the time this occurred was a george w bush appointee
    the IG testified - under oath - that there was NO indication of political partisanship in the irs' actions, nor did he find white house or other agency involvement in this circumstance

    given that, you are going to be hard pressed to show us EVIDENCE of political hackery by the irs in this matter
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •