Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 732

Thread: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups[W:484,732]

  1. #571
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's even funnier when you claim that he allowed it to happen when it happened before he got the position!!
    You didn't watch any of the two videos I linked, did you. Now I don't know when he was appointed to that position, but they asked him of his action after knowing about these things under his watch. He was still in a top IRS position before being acting commissioner.

  2. #572
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's even funnier when you claim that he allowed it to happen when it happened before he got the position!!
    Do you ever fact check?

    From his IRS bio:

    His previous position, before being acting IRS commisioner:

    Previously, as the Commissioner of the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division, Steve oversaw the administration of tax law relating to employee plans, tax-exempt organizations and various government entities.
    I see you may be another here to be ignored.

    Please fact check.

  3. #573
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    You didn't watch any of the two videos I linked, did you. Now I don't know when he was appointed to that position, but they asked him of his action after knowing about these things under his watch. He was still in a top IRS position before being acting commissioner.
    So now you're changing your argument!! A sure sign that you got pwned
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #574
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So now you're changing your argument!! A sure sign that you got pwned
    No, you did it to yourself.
    but they asked him of his action after knowing about these things under his watch
    Steve oversaw the administration of tax law relating to employee plans, tax-exempt organizations

  5. #575
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    No, you did it to yourself.
    Irrelevant facts are irrelevant.

    There is no evidence that he allowed it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #576
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Irrelevant facts are irrelevant.

    There is no evidence that he allowed it
    You didn't watch the video like I did... I can tell.

    I see you are to be taken as someone with no merit here.

    Thanks for that lesson.

  7. #577
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    You didn't watch the video like I did... I can tell.

    I see you are to be taken as someone with no merit here.

    Thanks for that lesson.
    IOW, you've got nothing.

    Quelle surprise!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #578
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the folks who were clearly unprepared were the republican questioners
    here is an example...
    Hmmm....Do you believe it is a game to lie to, or mislead congress?

    IRS has rigid rules about any IRS employee disclosing individual/entity information supplied to the IRS
    yet time and again the republican committee members would ask miller about specific case scenarios
    agency regulations - as he repeatedly shared with them - would not permit him to respond to those case specific questions
    and the republicans would continue to ask case specific information
    as i would hear them repeatedly make this same mistake i would wonder, who the hell elected these idiots
    Bubba, you can not be this obtuse. Do you know what oversight is? Do you think that this administration is above that or something? I don't get it.

    Look, BOTH libs, and cons should be outraged by this, Obama has at least expressed faux outrage, the least you could do is that, unless your tactic here is not to effectively debate the issue, but rather join the ranks of the bomb throwers in the boards and just be inflammatory in responding.

    Come on man, you used to post much more thought out than this....You can do it....:
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #579
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I give you Charles Rangel (D) NY.
    No thanks, you can keep him.
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  10. #580
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups [W:484

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmm....Do you believe it is a game to lie to, or mislead congress?
    first we would need to see that anyone had lied or misled congress
    show us any instance where this was the circumstance during the ways and means hearing of the IRS exempt determination unit activities and we can then pursue your proposition that lying and/or misleading congress should be found unacceptable

    now, here is my challenge to you. please do not run away from it

    identify who lied and post their lies - so that we can discuss your point
    but because you will be unable to do that, there will be nothing to discuss


    Bubba, you can not be this obtuse. Do you know what oversight is? Do you think that this administration is above that or something? I don't get it.
    here is the portion of my post you objected to:
    IRS has rigid rules about any IRS employee disclosing individual/entity information supplied to the IRS
    yet time and again the republican committee members would ask miller about specific case scenarios
    agency regulations - as he repeatedly shared with them - would not permit him to respond to those case specific questions
    and the republicans would continue to ask case specific information
    as i would hear them repeatedly make this same mistake i would wonder, who the hell elected these idiots
    you are right - you DON'T get it
    whether that is because you choose not to or are incapable of understanding it, only you know the answer
    an employee of the IRS CANNOT discuss individual case matters without being in violation with IRS regulations
    that is true whether the employee is discussing the matter with congress or their next door neighbor
    now, the congress COULD compel him to testify with the promise of immunity - or limited immunity - extending only to the IRS prohibition about information disclosure outside the agency
    but the congress did not choose that option
    if the information they were seeking from miller was essential to the congress' process, they could have issued the (limited) immunity. and did not

    a CIA/DIA/NSA agent could not publicly disclose to the congress classified information without being in violation of government regulations. hopefully, you understand that reality. well, it works the same way for the IRS and its access to information submitted by taxpayers to that agency
    i do not know how to make a simple concept any simpler so that you can 'get it'


    Look, BOTH libs, and cons should be outraged by this, Obama has at least expressed faux outrage, the least you could do is that, unless your tactic here is not to effectively debate the issue, but rather join the ranks of the bomb throwers in the boards and just be inflammatory in responding.

    Come on man, you used to post much more thought out than this....You can do it....:
    what your post conveys is your inability to undermine any of the arguments i have presented
    there is no reason for outrage by you, your ilk, or progressives, or Obama
    all that happened was the IRS determination unit placed for deeper review those applications where there was an indication the applicant organization MIGHT engage in political campaign activities to a degree which would exclude it from tax exemption. determining that was their job. the staff handled it as they did because of loosely worded regulations and no specification how to address processing those applications under that vague criteria
    if you are outraged at that, then you may want to check your blood pressure
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •