Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 732

Thread: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups[W:484,732]

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's not "evolving." It has specific meaning. People often use the word "fascist" to mean a general authoritarianism, but that's inaccurate.
    So you didn't say this?
    It... really isn't. In fact, Fascism tends to evolve in opposition to an existing socialist structure.

  2. #222
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you didn't say this?
    The fascist government evolved from a previous form of government, partly in opposition to socialism. I wasn't saying the definition of fascism was evolving.

    Hope this clears it up.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #223
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Heads need to roll at the IRS. The king O administration is the most corrupt in my life time. Chicago politics in the oval office.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  4. #224
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    President Obama "… Elections have consequences and Eric, I won.”
    Read more: Bob Woodward book dishes on debt war - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

    indeed...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  5. #225
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    You don't know that. You're reaching.


    Knowing the Tea Party activists and who funds them, I suspect that they probably were pretty near the edge of that fine line. That the "special scrutiny" singled them out is improper, but it's not exactly malicious. It's just looking a little closer at the house across the street with smoke pouring out its windows.

    I'm not reaching if every aspect of corruption this administration can muster is now being exposed. And this is with a media that's trying to look out for them.

    Imagine if we had a real media, if NBC, CBS and ABC did their jobs ?

    Truth is there is only so much a corrupt media can do for the Democrats.

    You folks elected criminals, now, they're getting busted.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  6. #226
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think you are astute in setting your priorities, Rocket88. I hope this story gets some legs.
    The outrage is interesting. As if our hyper partisan polarized political environment would NOT spill over to places it shouldn't?

    You uncover this stuff, you make restitution to the audited party's (reimburse accounting fees, etc), and you fire everyone involved.

    Obviously we would want to investigate to make sure we fire everyone up the ladder that had awareness.

    Partisanship where it should not be is not new, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  7. #227
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    not surprising,in 2011 though the irs singled out the military,most specifically those who deployed.uncle sam tried to find any reason to get back money from deployed soldiers so they could try and make money off of non taxable income.close to 20% of the people i deployed with got audited extensively for no other reason that they deployed and recieved non taxable income.


    irs has been quite a corrupt organization in the past,thinking now they wont be is insane,the only question is who is pulling the strings,was it the white house?the dnc?or members of the irs themselves making such decisions.before blame goes around finding out who and why is key.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  8. #228
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,755

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I'm not reaching if every aspect of corruption this administration can muster is now being exposed. And this is with a media that's trying to look out for them.

    Imagine if we had a real media, if NBC, CBS and ABC did their jobs ?
    Yeah. We said that leading up to the invasion of Iraq and while embedded reporters were kissing the Bush Administration's butt.

    Truth is there is only so much a corrupt media can do for the Democrats.

    You folks elected criminals, now, they're getting busted.
    You don't know that. Nothing has been proven. For all you know this was just an action taken by people in the IRS, with no connection to the White House. Until it can be proven otherwise, that's all there is to it.

  9. #229
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    not surprising,in 2011 though the irs singled out the military,most specifically those who deployed.uncle sam tried to find any reason to get back money from deployed soldiers so they could try and make money off of non taxable income.close to 20% of the people i deployed with got audited extensively for no other reason that they deployed and recieved non taxable income.


    irs has been quite a corrupt organization in the past,thinking now they wont be is insane,the only question is who is pulling the strings,was it the white house?the dnc?or members of the irs themselves making such decisions.before blame goes around finding out who and why is key.
    The shrinking part of me that clings to faith in humanity wants to believe that some IRS agents thought to themselves "Well, organizations naming themselves after tax protests and being in general opposition to current taxes are probably more likely to be evading taxes!" Rather than any partisan motivation or malice.

    The other 99% of my brain suspects some middle management type at the IRS wrote the policy this way deliberately and got a nod from someone higher.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #230
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The shrinking part of me that clings to faith in humanity wants to believe that some IRS agents thought to themselves "Well, organizations naming themselves after tax protests and being in general opposition to current taxes are probably more likely to be evading taxes!" Rather than any partisan motivation or malice.

    The other 99% of my brain suspects some middle management type at the IRS wrote the policy this way deliberately and got a nod from someone higher.
    my personal suspicion is that it was created and pushed by a high ranking irs official,since if the dnc or the whitehouse had been part,it would have been all over every aspect of the media.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •