Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 732

Thread: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups[W:484,732]

  1. #201
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Fascism is Big Government Left Wing Collectivist ideology

    It's just a brand of Socialism like Coke and Pepsi and brands of soda. Just another branch on the Collectivist tree. Very telling that you're so eagerly defending the IRS acting like the Gestapo and being used as a political tool to harass and intimidate people politically

    You're just googling things and linking the first random source you find. Comical and embarrassing. Like I said, you were going to lose this debate badly and you are.
    It... really isn't. In fact, Fascism tends to evolve in opposition to an existing socialist structure.

    I can post 20 different links that have the same general definition of fascism if you like. When the rest of the world has a different definition of a word than you do, perhaps you are the one with the incorrect definition.

    And if you'd seen me post in the other threads, you'd see where I defined this behavior as "inexcusable."

    But let's not let the facts get in your way, eh chief? Keep on ranting! I mean, personally I'd post some kind of evidence of what you say. Perhaps somebody else defining fascism this way. But that's just me. I like evidence and whatnot.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #202
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Woopsie...giggle...sorry!

    This administration, summed up in three words.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It... really isn't. In fact, Fascism tends to evolve in opposition to an existing socialist structure.
    Wrong

    Marxism/Communism = Class based socialism

    Fascism = National based socialism. Socialism through national unity.

    Fascism was actually embraced by the intellectual Left before Hitler and the Nazis gave it a bad name. Mussolini was praised in the NYT just as Stalin was. His crimes and brutal tactics were covered up, just like Duranty and other Left Wing journalists and intellectuals covered up Stalin's crimes such as the Ukraine famine in the early 1930s.

    Hitler made it very clear in many speeches he was a Socialist. The reason why the Nazis hated Communists is because they were rivals within the same ideology. Look maybe you need to read some history or something instead of googling random links without knowing what you are talking about and what they are contain. Just a suggestion

    We are socialists, we are enemies of today’s capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically weak, with its unfair salaries, with its unseemly evaluation of a human being according to wealth and property instead of responsibility and performance, and we are all determined to destroy this system under all conditions Hitler may 1927
    I can post 20 different links that have the same general definition of fascism if you like. When the rest of the world has a different definition of a word than you do, perhaps you are the one with the incorrect definition.
    You don't know what Fascism is. It's obvious.

    Fascism was created out of Marxism. Mussolini believed it to be a more efficient socialist system. He felt Marxism was flawed and could be improved upon. I understand you've been branwashed and propagandized to believed Fascism = Right Wing Conservatives or something, but you've been lied to. That isn't my problem. Your ignorance of the facts is not my problem. It's your problem.

    And if you'd seen me post in the other threads, you'd see where I defined this behavior as "inexcusable."
    Yet in this thread you defend it because the Tea Party is targeted. We get it. In this instance, since the IRS targeted the Tea Party and other groups who merely educate on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, you find their behavior excusable.

    The IRS has more power than ever before. They are the Government arm that is going to enforce and police Obamacare. New information is coming to light as the AP story expands, such as:

    IRS apologizes for targeting tea party groups

    Among the other revelations, on Aug. 4, 2011, staffers in the IRS’ Rulings and Agreements office “held a meeting with chief counsel so that everyone would have the latest information on the issue.”

    On Jan, 25, 2012, the criteria for flagging suspect groups was changed to, “political action type organizations involved in limiting/expanding Government, educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, social economic reform/movement,” the report says.
    Targeting groups based upon "educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights" = Fascism

    Abusing the power of Government to harass and intimidate political opponents. In this case, the political opponents of the Obama Administration are groups that "educate on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights". I think you need to leave this thread in shame and embarrassment after defending such thuggery. This type of behavior has NO PLACE within the United States and certainly no place within the US Government. Whether you spoke out against it in the past is irrelevant. You've now flushed that credibility down the toilet by DEFENDING THE IRS of all entities here after they've admitted to targeting specific groups. SHAME ON YOU.

    But let's not let the facts get in your way, eh chief? Keep on ranting! I mean, personally I'd post some kind of evidence of what you say. Perhaps somebody else defining fascism this way. But that's just me. I like evidence and whatnot.
    Who is ranting? You're just pathetically projecting now

  4. #204
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Why would you beleive the story that it was a low level hack?
    My emphasis was in the "inconceivable, that a low-level IRS hack could be in a position..." Meaning, not possible that is was just a low level hack that could channel the forces of the IRS.

  5. #205
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    "Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the “absolutely inappropriate” actions by “front-line people” were not driven by partisan motives."


    There should be a penalty of some sort for telling really stupid lies.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    And what scares the hell out of me and should also you. The IRS is the enforcement arm for Obama care. They will be granted access to you medical records

  7. #207
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    My emphasis was in the "inconceivable, that a low-level IRS hack could be in a position..." Meaning, not possible that is was just a low level hack that could channel the forces of the IRS.
    Good morning, ocean515.

    Sometimes it's better to stop digging the hole any deeper while you still have a choice, IMO.

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Apologies are nice but if they REALLY wanted to make a mends they should go back and review those tax exempt groups who have 'progress', 'prosperity', 'socialist'...I mean fair is fair.
    Actually, ALL 501(c)(3) groups that are political in nature receive extra scrutiny. Because by nature they skate the line of tax exempt status.

    The years in question would have been the first since they started getting big money, and for many would have been the first years they filed.

    Still sounds like bureaucracy to me, as opposed to a partisan issue.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why do political advocacy groups get tax exempt status anyways? I thought politics and tax exempt weren't to be mixed?
    That's why groups like AFP are 501(c)(4)s, not tax exempt, no deductions for donations, but they are MUCH freer to be political.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #210
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,261

    Re: IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 201

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Actually, ALL 501(c)(3) groups that are political in nature receive extra scrutiny. Because by nature they skate the line of tax exempt status.

    The years in question would have been the first since they started getting big money, and for many would have been the first years they filed.

    Still sounds like bureaucracy to me, as opposed to a partisan issue.
    Maybe. I do wonder if ALL the emails of, say, ThinkProgress, were ever requested. I somehow doubt it. I could be wrong, but again, I doubt it.

Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •