Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    Presidential Candidate won't voluntarily release decades of tax returns.....response: He'd show us or he's hiding something! Maybe a felony! We'll demand the returns for the next few months. This is IMPORTANT, he's trying to be the leader of our country, we have to know!

    President and Administration stone walling attempts to look into an incident resulting in death of civilian diplomatic personnel and military personnel....response: What difference does it make? This is a witch hunt. Let it go. Death is a part of life. Just move on, this is pure politics.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,328

    Re: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    It's the lies that were told to cover up the lies that usually get scumbags like Obama and Hillary busted.

    I can think of actual crimes like Obstruction and perjury thhat these morons are guilty of.

    Hillary lied to the face of that Seals Father. Lied to the Comittee.

    Unbelievable.

  3. #33
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Exclusive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    Complete list of changes made by State Department (PDF) --- Pay special attention to the revision on September 15th at 9:45am



    Lies, lies, lies, lies.
    I realize nobody will read this because its from Media Matters, but he goes any way:

    ABC's "Exclusive" Benghazi Report Shows Nothing New | Blog | Media Matters for America

    ABC News is buying into right-wing scandal mongering over the tragic September 2012 attacks on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya, with an "exclusive" report that doesn't stand up to minimal scrutiny, with flaws that are being used by the right to call for a major investigation.

    The so-called "exclusive" report, posted at ABCNews.com, purports to uncover dramatic new developments in the right wing's Benghazi witch hunt, but in reality it is little more than a rehash of previously covered debates over whose input was given to the early draft of intelligence talking points put together in the early days of the investigation into the attacks. None of this largely rehashed debate disproves what Gen. David Petraeus, former head of the Central Intelligence Agency, testified in November: that the intelligence community signed off on the final draft of the talking points, and that references to terrorist groups in Libya were removed in order to avoid tipping off those groups.

    The May 10 ABC News report focuses on the much discussed CIA talking points that were prepared in the days immediately after the September 11, 2012, attack, and which were used by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice in her appearance on several news programs to discuss those attacks. Nothing in the ABC News report focuses on the actual events of September 11, 2012, only on the editing process of a talking points memo and what information should be made available for public dissemination during an ongoing investigation into a terrorist attack:

    How embarrassing for ABC News.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,328

    Re: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I realize nobody will read this because its from Media Matters, but he goes any way:


    ABC's "Exclusive" Benghazi Report Shows Nothing New | Blog | Media Matters for America

    ABC News is buying into right-wing scandal mongering over the tragic September 2012 attacks on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya, with an "exclusive" report that doesn't stand up to minimal scrutiny, with flaws that are being used by the right to call for a major investigation.

    The so-called "exclusive" report, posted at ABCNews.com, purports to uncover dramatic new developments in the right wing's Benghazi witch hunt, but in reality it is little more than a rehash of previously covered debates over whose input was given to the early draft of intelligence talking points put together in the early days of the investigation into the attacks. None of this largely rehashed debate disproves what Gen. David Petraeus, former head of the Central Intelligence Agency, testified in November: that the intelligence community signed off on the final draft of the talking points, and that references to terrorist groups in Libya were removed in order to avoid tipping off those groups.

    The May 10 ABC News report focuses on the much discussed CIA talking points that were prepared in the days immediately after the September 11, 2012, attack, and which were used by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice in her appearance on several news programs to discuss those attacks. Nothing in the ABC News report focuses on the actual events of September 11, 2012, only on the editing process of a talking points memo and what information should be made available for public dissemination during an ongoing investigation into a terrorist attack:

    How embarrassing for ABC News.
    Still siding with the low life scum POS Obama administration ?

    Patreaus testified that he knew it was a terrosit attack IMMEDIATELY.

    E-Mails sent from the State Dept to Lybia on Sept 12 stated they KNEW it was a terroist attack.

    How embarassing for you, to ignore the 12 rewrites by the State Dept and to ignore the E-mail from Crowley that any mention of the TRUTH would allow Congress to beat up on the State Dept.

    How much did you get when you sold out and semblance of integrity and character to back this corrupt adminiztration ?

    A nickel ?

  5. #35
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,710

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I realize nobody will read this because its from Media Matters, but he goes any way:

    ABC's "Exclusive" Benghazi Report Shows Nothing New | Blog | Media Matters for America

    ABC News is buying into right-wing scandal mongering over the tragic September 2012 attacks on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya, with an "exclusive" report that doesn't stand up to minimal scrutiny, with flaws that are being used by the right to call for a major investigation.

    The so-called "exclusive" report, posted at ABCNews.com, purports to uncover dramatic new developments in the right wing's Benghazi witch hunt, but in reality it is little more than a rehash of previously covered debates over whose input was given to the early draft of intelligence talking points put together in the early days of the investigation into the attacks. None of this largely rehashed debate disproves what Gen. David Petraeus, former head of the Central Intelligence Agency, testified in November: that the intelligence community signed off on the final draft of the talking points, and that references to terrorist groups in Libya were removed in order to avoid tipping off those groups.

    The May 10 ABC News report focuses on the much discussed CIA talking points that were prepared in the days immediately after the September 11, 2012, attack, and which were used by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice in her appearance on several news programs to discuss those attacks. Nothing in the ABC News report focuses on the actual events of September 11, 2012, only on the editing process of a talking points memo and what information should be made available for public dissemination during an ongoing investigation into a terrorist attack:

    How embarrassing for ABC News.


    What a waste that was. The administration omitted the discussion of the terrorists involved and the statement that they had prior warning, and the ABC report and the emails clearly show that the removal of the Al Qaeda references was not because of a CIA investigation, it was done for political reasons.

    How embarrassing for Media Matters.

    Or... it would be embarrassing if they had an ounce of integrity.

  6. #36
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Still siding with the low life scum POS Obama administration ?

    Patreaus testified that he knew it was a terrosit attack IMMEDIATELY.

    E-Mails sent from the State Dept to Lybia on Sept 12 stated they KNEW it was a terroist attack.

    How embarassing for you, to ignore the 12 rewrites by the State Dept and to ignore the E-mail from Crowley that any mention of the TRUTH would allow Congress to beat up on the State Dept.

    How much did you get when you sold out and semblance of integrity and character to back this corrupt adminiztration ?

    A nickel ?
    Yes, he did, but he also said something else:


    Petraeus Says U.S. Tried to Avoid Tipping Off Terrorists After Libya Attack

  7. #37
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    What a waste that was. The administration omitted the discussion of the terrorists involved and the statement that they had prior warning, and the ABC report and the emails clearly show that the removal of the Al Qaeda references was not because of a CIA investigation, it was done for political reasons.

    How embarrassing for Media Matters.

    Or... it would be embarrassing if they had an ounce of integrity.
    Well you are wrong see my last post.

  8. #38
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,710

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Well you are wrong see my last post.
    I've already addressed that. The Petraeus statement only partially answer part of the trouble that the State Department is in, and doesn't jibe with the State Department emails released yesterday that make NO mention of the Al Qaeda reference being cut for purposes of an investigation. In those emails the State Department is only worried about the inclusion of that information being used against them politically.

    So we are left with having to jibe the two disparate stories... one in which the CIA released information to State that they later didn't want state to release (still no evidence of that request), versus email evidence of the State Department communications leading up to the editing wanting to edit that passage out for political reasons.

    Media Matters does nothing to jibe those two stories either, they simply take the story most beneficial to the Administration that is still not documented and procede from the groundless assumption that it is unassailable truth. The reason this is a story is because THE EVIDENCE NOW RUNS COUNTER TO THE ADMINISTRATION'S STORY.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    abc updated this story this afternoon:

    Exclusive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference - ABC News

    One other point: The significant edits – deleting references to al Qaeda and the CIA’s warnings – came after a White House meeting on the Saturday before Ambassador Susan Rice appeared on five Sunday shows. Nuland, a 30-year foreign service veteran who has served under Democratic and Republican Secretaries of State, was not at that meeting and played no direct role in preparing Rice for her interviews.
    victoria nuland is for the state dept what jay carney is for the white house generally, a press spokesperson

    ms nuland is the staffer most responsible for scrubbing the talking points, which is kinda odd cuz her job title is so exclusively political

    this scrub was accomplished in a frantic back and forth (laid out be jonathan karl and stephen hayes and leaked by evil darrell issa) in the final 24 hours before susan-rice-sunday, which was 9-16-12

    we also know that when ms nuland, on behalf of her "building's leadership," effected the edits, the final product STILL did not mention the video which ms rice made the primary point of most her talking as she raced around the 5-show circuit that historic morning

    well, what mr karl is reporting here in his update is that, tho she was responsible for deleting the words islamic extremists and al qaeda and ansar al sharia and jihad, while removing all mention of the 5 serious terrorist acts in the city in the months leading up, victoria nuland was NOT present on the sunday morning, 9-16, on which un ambassador susan rice was briefed for her talk show tour

    exactly WHO directed ms rice to talk so much about the video that historic sunday?

    mr karl is certainly curious, he's a reporter

    stay tuned

  10. #40
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    drip drip.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •