Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Cokie Roberts on Morning Joe this morning read some portion of Jonathan Karl's reporting on Victoria Nuland that went something like 'these modifications were done with the knowledge and supervision of the highest levels of this building'. Her building being the State department, highest level COULD include Hillary. Didn't she testify not knowing about this previously? I've been looking for a source for this but apparently it is not available. Roberts stated that this story is 'breaking currently' which may explain this.
    It is not believable that this all happened without Hillary's knowledge and input.

  2. #12
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    I think in order for this to sink in with the left you have to put it in terms they can understand so let me give it a try:

    A business owner who runs a an auto parts manufacturing plant is alerted to an issue with a particular piece of equipment that his shop uses when he hears about other manufacturers near death emergencies using it. He ignores those warnings, and instead announces how pleased he is with the equipment and how much more competitive his company will be because of it. Investment floods into his business.

    Later that same piece of machinery explodes, cutting a 12' gash in the side of the machine, but it's still functional, so he keeps it running. No mention is made about the incident outside of company

    His site foreman sends memo after memo to the business owner telling him that the machinery is not safe, but the business owner has a lot invested in the appearance of a safe shop, so rather than order repairs or scrap the equipment as other manufacturers have, he orders his foreman to go to the manufacturing floor, and cuts safety staff as a display of how safe the facility is.

    On a morning soon after that decision the machinery catches fire, seriously injuring workers, and the machinery is showing signs that it might explode. No order is given to evacuate, and no order is given to even begin to increase safety measures around the machinery. In complete exasperation some of the engineers at another plant take it upon themselves to go in to fix the machine. The business owner starts consulting his lawyers. The decision is made to not send in more engineers to try and stop the process that will likely lead to a catastrophic explosion.

    Seven hours after the fire, the machinery finally explodes, killing the foreman, one of the employees and the two engineers who were frantically trying to get the situation under control.

    The business owner gets the final report on the extensive list of warning signs that the machinery was not safe for use, should have undergone major upgrades, and should have been decommissioned until the safety measures were met. A few days later this internal report was released to the public... after removing all statements regarding unheeded safety warnings and known risks, instead, blaming the catastrophe on rats chewing through wiring.

    What should be done with the business owner in this case?

  3. #13
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    The story doesn't surprise me. The fact that ABC is reporting it, well color me shocked.

    Actually, this is VERY telling. The liberal media will hold out until they feel the gig is up, then they'll jump on the dogpile when they feel it's useless to resist.

    In other words, they're like Laker fans.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    What I don't get is why we are not seeing any moderate, or independent member input on this. My lack of love for Obama's job performance aside, I do not hate the guy, but damn, the BUCK does indeed stop at HIM, and in this case Hillary, so why no integrity from the left? This story is so a blowin with white smoke that there most certainly is a fire, and the admin is really just hanging on. It will all come crashing down around them, and dems in congress really need to understand that staying on board listening to the music will spell death for them in 2014. Time to cut bait for the congressional dems, and quick!

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #15
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    What I don't get is why we are not seeing any moderate, or independent member input on this. My lack of love for Obama's job performance aside, I do not hate the guy, but damn, the BUCK does indeed stop at HIM, and in this case Hillary, so why no integrity from the left? This story is so a blowin with white smoke that there most certainly is a fire, and the admin is really just hanging on. It will all come crashing down around them, and dems in congress really need to understand that staying on board listening to the music will spell death for them in 2014. Time to cut bait for the congressional dems, and quick!

    Tim-
    The same reason you see nary a mention of Benghazi on CNN.com, except under "Politics". If you just go to sleep, the boogey man will go away.

    CNN claims to be moderate and independent, too.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So obviously, nothing to see here... just heaving editing of the information for purely political reasons...
    And the worst part is the left claims the Republicans for digging into this coverup as purely political. According to Hillery "what difference does it make" that statement makes a lot of difference. Hillery your political career is over.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I think in order for this to sink in with the left you have to put it in terms they can understand so let me give it a try:

    A business owner who runs a an auto parts manufacturing plant is alerted to an issue with a particular piece of equipment that his shop uses when he hears about other manufacturers near death emergencies using it. He ignores those warnings, and instead announces how pleased he is with the equipment and how much more competitive his company will be because of it. Investment floods into his business.

    Later that same piece of machinery explodes, cutting a 12' gash in the side of the machine, but it's still functional, so he keeps it running. No mention is made about the incident outside of company

    His site foreman sends memo after memo to the business owner telling him that the machinery is not safe, but the business owner has a lot invested in the appearance of a safe shop, so rather than order repairs or scrap the equipment as other manufacturers have, he orders his foreman to go to the manufacturing floor, and cuts safety staff as a display of how safe the facility is.

    On a morning soon after that decision the machinery catches fire, seriously injuring workers, and the machinery is showing signs that it might explode. No order is given to evacuate, and no order is given to even begin to increase safety measures around the machinery. In complete exasperation some of the engineers at another plant take it upon themselves to go in to fix the machine. The business owner starts consulting his lawyers. The decision is made to not send in more engineers to try and stop the process that will likely lead to a catastrophic explosion.

    Seven hours after the fire, the machinery finally explodes, killing the foreman, one of the employees and the two engineers who were frantically trying to get the situation under control.

    The business owner gets the final report on the extensive list of warning signs that the machinery was not safe for use, should have undergone major upgrades, and should have been decommissioned until the safety measures were met. A few days later this internal report was released to the public... after removing all statements regarding unheeded safety warnings and known risks, instead, blaming the catastrophe on rats chewing through wiring.

    What should be done with the business owner in this case?
    I think this is still to complicated for a lib to comprehend. Maybe you should change the story where it takes place at a Starbucks and an exploding cappuccino machine.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    And the worst part is the left claims the Republicans for digging into this coverup as purely political. According to Hillery "what difference does it make" that statement makes a lot of difference. Hillery your political career is over.
    Yep, I really hope so.. And the best part is that it will not come at the hands of the GOP, her own primary peers will destroy her with those comments!

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #19
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,159

    Re: Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    It is not believable that this all happened without Hillary's knowledge and input.
    I wonder if Susan Rice was privy to all of these changes, or if they just sent her out for slaughter with a handful of lies. Sort of a "if things go south, better her career than any of ours."

  10. #20
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Yep, I really hope so.. And the best part is that it will not come at the hands of the GOP, her own primary peers will destroy her with those comments!

    Tim-

    That's true. In fact, Hillary may be pressured not to run in 2016 simply so the Democratic primaries will not involve Benghazi.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •