Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80

Thread: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Irrelevant. Huh? What are you talking about? Are you somehow trying to fault a 60-year old diplomat for not putting on combat gear and flying 400 miles to Benghazi? Good thing the Obama administration was told beforehand when Ambassador Stevens was going to be killed so that they could plan things ahead of time.
    The Horatio moment is an aggressive command decision, putting on battle gear and charging into battle is John Wayning it...

    Mr. Hicks admits he, like everyone else didn't respond in a timely fashion to information received. He feared an ambush.

    Or BushI that involving US ground Forces in Somalia would bog us down in a mess there would be no easy extract from? Fact is there can be no 100%guarantee every attack overseas can be stopped without deaths, as the 13 that happened under BushII can attest.

    I will further explore your thought on 'the military' and what they will do in the dark and under very confused conditions-

    In Mogadishu as fellow soldiers spent a horrific night under constant attack with no food or water and very little ammo many fellow soldier who had missed the movement clambered to join their fellow soldiers- 'the military' refused them. When soldiers were slowly dying from wounds that surgery could save 'the military' refused to allow medivac choppers in.

    So don't blanket say 'the military' would have charged blindly into that mess, INDIVIDUAL men to help their comrades, of course, but not their highers who would have to answer for such a gamble.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So why the instant blame on a video that nobody had ever heard of?
    I'll ask Hillary next time I see her...

    My guess is the riots and protests in Egypt over the movie al Jazzersize put on air...

    and who says no one heard of it, thousands of Egyptians had by then...

  3. #43
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I'll ask Hillary next time I see her...

    My guess is the riots and protests in Egypt over the movie al Jazzersize put on air...

    and who says no one heard of it, thousands of Egyptians had by then...
    No, they hadn't. It played zero role in Benghazi, yet Clinton ran out there in a matter of hours rushing to blame it on something other than herself.

    They did play it endlessly on al Jazeera AFTER Hillary and Obama kept talking about it. Those two were the biggest promoters of the stupid thing.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    The Horatio moment is an aggressive command decision, putting on battle
    gear and charging into battle is John Wayning it...

    Mr. Hicks admits he, like everyone else didn't respond in a timely fashion to information received. He feared an ambush.

    Or BushI that involving US ground Forces in Somalia would bog us down in a mess there would be no easy extract from? Fact is there can be no 100%guarantee every attack overseas can be stopped without deaths, as the 13 that happened under BushII can attest.

    I will further explore your thought on 'the military' and what they will do in the dark and under very confused conditions-

    In Mogadishu as fellow soldiers spent a horrific night under constant attack with no food or water and very little ammo many fellow soldier who had missed the movement clambered to join their fellow soldiers- 'the military' refused them. When soldiers were slowly dying from wounds that surgery could save 'the military' refused to allow medivac choppers in.

    So don't blanket say 'the military' would have charged blindly into that mess, INDIVIDUAL men to help their comrades, of course, but not their highers who would have to answer for such a gamble.
    Wow, people are still deflecting from this Cover-Up and dereliction by pointing at Bush ?

    And that was a ridiculous generalization of what happened in Mogadishu.

    A Soldier fell 60 feet as he repelled out of a Blackhawk, and that changed their tactical advantage as it took at least 2 people out of the battle.

    If there is one thing to learn about Mogadishu it is we never leave a soldier or a American behind.

    Obama and Hillary left the personel in Benghazzi behind, to die. Ignoring the repeated request for more security, ignoring the 12 foot hole that was blown in the Compound Wall IN JUNE.

    Ignoring the fact that all other Western Nations pulled their people out.

    And when the inevitable happened, they constructed a huge lie.

    If one of you apologist can point to a obvious political narrative set up to hide a terrorist attack that happened on Bush 's watch then be my guest.

    Right now, your'e defending low life scum of the earth people who woukd trade lives for political expediency.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I'll ask Hillary next time I see her...


    My guess is the riots and protests in Egypt over the movie al Jazzersize put on air...

    and who says no one heard of it, thousands of Egyptians had by then...
    Oh BS, the Egyptian protest initially had NOTHING to do with a Video No One Saw.

    The Obama administration needed that video distributed, publicized, so any new protest, deaths and violence would add a sense of legitimacy to their cover up.

    If the entire Islamic world erupted over that video it would have served their purposes.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, they hadn't. It played zero role in Benghazi, yet Clinton ran out there in a matter of hours rushing to blame it on something other than herself. They did play it endlessly on al Jazeera AFTER Hillary and Obama kept talking about it. Those two were the biggest promoters of the stupid thing.
    way I hear it the movie was played in Egypt the day before the Benghazi attacks. I realize partisans see this as Hillary's fault, she did take the blame before Congress, but the hyper-partisans so want to ruin her for 2016 they will stop at nothing apparently. Interesting you see al-Jazercise as programming based on what The USofA President or SoS says on tv.

    Just like BushII's team made some very bad calculations and assessments prior to and once in Iraq- FYI a few more than 4 Americans died in Iraq- so too did the Obama team make a wrong call on what triggered the Benghazi attack. funny how one draws such ire from what crowd.

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oh BS, the Egyptian protest initially had NOTHING to do with a Video No One Saw. The Obama administration needed that video distributed, publicized, so any new protest, deaths and violence would add a sense of legitimacy to their cover up. If the entire Islamic world erupted over that video it would have served their purposes.
    Pure partisanship and opinion. The Obama team had ZERO to do with the video and wanted it buried, sad to think some of 'us' think otherwise.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Pure partisanship and opinion. The Obama team had ZERO to do with the video and wanted it buried, sad to think some of 'us' think otherwise.
    Nonsense. Obama and Hillary used that video as a scapegoat because they knew they screwed the pooch horribly, and right before an election no less.

    Sad that you are ignoring the testimonies of those that were actually there. The facts are all in front of you, and you choose to close your eyes and and look the other way.

    Integrity is rare.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Pure partisanship and opinion. The
    Obama team had ZERO to do with the video and wanted it buried, sad to think some of 'us' think otherwise.
    The Obama Team used the video for 10 days to explain away their failure, because it was politicallly expediant.

    5 TIMES Rice went out and publicized the video. How is that burrying " the video".

    Are you folks allergic to integrity and character ?

    You said you were in the military ? Doing what ? Pushing pencils ? Because your no soldier. A soldier wouldn't sell out his fellow buddies just to perpetuate the lies of a politician.

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,388

    Re: Diplomat Says Questions Over Benghazi Led to Demotion

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I think grief and survivor guilt describes Mr. Hicks. By his own admission he failed to respond when tipsters phoned in on where the Ambassador was. He rightfully worried it was a trap to lure more Americans into an ambush, so it is a bit puzzling he felt others should have made the decision to throw more Americans into a night time melee that NO ONE knew what were the true facts in Benghazi.

    I found his comment that never had a State department lawyer wanted to be present at a congressional fact finding meeting before. I didn't know how many times Mr.Hicks brief any Congressmen after a Consulate attack that caused the death of an Ambassador, can't have been too many. Seems very appropriate a State Counsel would be present at these meetings and Mr. Hicks should have welcomed that. I don't think too many folks truely thought Chaffetz was there in a non partisan capacity.

    I don't attack Mr.Hicks for his grief or guilt, nor his failure to react when the tipsters phoned in to tell him where Ambassador Stevens had been taken. I've seen Senior NCOs suffer terribly when troops or close friends are lost and these men KNEW there would be deaths.

    When it comes to the mis-statements made after the Benghazi attack I'd say the umbrage is staged partisan politics. As best as I can remember the beginning of a long and bloody reign of terror in Iraq that was the newly placed al-Queera in Iraq being described by Rumsfeld and Cheney as just a 'few dead enders' and the last gasp of a few 'die hards'. I seem to recall a few more than 4 Americans were killed in that affair.

    What I do see is a very partisan attack designed to smear Hillary Clinton as the GOP sees her as a real threat in the 2016 Presidential Elections. However I don't see this being more than a blip on the news cycle. I reckon the vast majority of citizens see this as GOP grandstanding and attempting to profit politically from a tragic death. As another poster pointed out there has been a baker's dozen of similar attacks during the BushII administration.
    Not to mention that attacks have been on the decline....


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •