Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 251

Thread: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

  1. #181
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Oh, in that book that is what they did to the independent thinkers. I never said the island wasn't populated. Have fun, we do beach volleyball at 3.

    Pretty much anyone who votes Republican or Democrat was included in that y'all.
    I have voted for both before. But you'd be hard pressed to find a more fervent supporter of destroying this two party system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #182
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You're apparently interested in turning this into a personal spat, but I don't think I'll oblige.
    Playing the victim? Now thats a republican meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #183
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No excuse needed. Sanford won because he was the better candidate.
    Right. Sanford won because his district is highly Republican. :

  4. #184
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Playing the victim? Now thats a republican meme.
    Neither a victim nor a Repub. I confess to preferring to discuss the thread topic rather than posters' insults.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #185
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Neither a victim nor a Repub. I confess to preferring to discuss the thread topic rather than posters' insults.
    Sorry. But when you deflect an argument with a redundant throwaway one-liner, it means you are not exactly traveling on the high road you are trying to portray yourself being on.

    Not to mention not being on topic as you are saying you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #186
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Right. Sanford won because his district is highly Republican. :
    You're late to the discussion. I've already said that several times, and in fact used it as the basis for my prediction of a Sanford victory weeks ago. Being a Repub in a highly Repub district is a part of being the better candidate.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #187
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You miss the point. The "explanation" was not mine to them, but theirs to me. My role was to repair that damage.
    Yes, that was clear, I am saying I would have repaired the damage with the truth, that the President was entitled to due process, that his political enemies made up the House Judiciary Committee majority, and that he was acquitted in the Senate where there was a Republican majority.

    House Republicans are crazy, they still are, they are preparing to vote, for the 40th time, to repeal Obamacare.

    Read "The Hunting of the President" and you will be so embarassed of your point off view you won't be able to stand yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  8. #188
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Sorry. But when you deflect an argument with a redundant throwaway one-liner, it means you are not exactly traveling on the high road you are trying to portray yourself being on.

    Not to mention not being on topic as you are saying you are.
    Wrong again. My post that caught your eye was a response to an attempt to use the Sanford episode to launch a generalized attack. It was, in the truest sense of the word, propaganda.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #189
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The only oddity was how many people fell for the delusion that a Dem had a chance.
    Funny how you don't realize how strongly Republican the district he ran it has become. And how low his margin of victory turned out to be. The fact that he won with just 6% margin in a district like that is extremely telling.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #190
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Funny how you don't realize how strongly Republican the district he ran it has become. And how low his margin of victory turned out to be. The fact that he won with just 6% margin in a district like that is extremely telling.
    You haven't done your reading. I've posted several times that a Dem can't win SC1.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •