Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

  1. #21
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This.

    Isn't.

    News.
    This

    is

    Sparta.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  2. #22
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    09-07-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,037

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Christie running for presidency in 2016 would be news.

    This is not.

    And unless this was the first thing you'd ever learned about the man, it could never be "based on this information alone." People have been speculating about him running for presidency for a long time now, so don't delude yourself into thinking this is some startling new insight you've come up with here. (hell, the 24 hour news channels have been talking about it all day)

    I hope he does run for presidency. He's one of the few Republicans I think would stand a chance and also make a decent president.
    It's more or less likely Christie will run in 2016 given that he just had a super-secret weight loss surgery?

    When politicians try to keep secrets, there is always a reason.

  3. #23
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,165

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Why is it news? Does nobody have any privacy? Not volunteering the fact that you have had "embarrassing" surgery isn't keeping it super secret, it's normal.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Why is it news? Does nobody have any privacy? Not volunteering the fact that you have had "embarrassing" surgery isn't keeping it super secret, it's normal.
    i don't disagree. i posted the article because it has been speculated that if he addressed his weight, it might be an indication of a presidential run in 2016. though i disagree with him politically, i hope that his weight loss journey is a success.

  5. #25
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,165

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    If memory serves, Reagan's colonoscopy result was deemed suitable for broadcast news. I don't recall such intimate personal details being broadcast about a British politician, maybe it's an American thing...
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    well, i suppose this answers one question about the 2016 race.

    thoughts?
    Maybe he did it for health reasons?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    thoughts?
    It didn't take.


    hahahaha
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Maybe he did it for health reasons?
    i hope so.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i hope so.
    I hope he did it so that he wouldn't influence our tides.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #30
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Christie Had Secret Weight-Loss Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Christie has an overactive spoon.
    Hilarious bro.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •