Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

  1. #61
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It shouldn't have been a problem. All the guy wanted to do was bury a body, he had to bring some sort of attention to the fact that he needed a place to bury it.
    Maybe so - but he made a public issue of accepting the body at first and then made a public issue of not being able to find a place to bury the body. If this was all done quietly, without a desire for publicity, it wouldn't have been so contentious. This was a funeral home used to performing muslim services and surely had connections with cemetaries that bury muslims on a regular basis. He would have been wiser not accepting the body until he knew what the end game was going to be.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #62
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Maybe so - but he made a public issue of accepting the body at first and then made a public issue of not being able to find a place to bury the body. If this was all done quietly, without a desire for publicity, it wouldn't have been so contentious. This was a funeral home used to performing muslim services and surely had connections with cemetaries that bury muslims on a regular basis. He would have been wiser not accepting the body until he knew what the end game was going to be.
    You're probably right about that. Maybe he thought it wouldn't be a problem...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #63
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I wonder why they didn't just cremate him and send him to his mother? Probably would've been the cheapest and easiest thing to do with the body.
    Cheapest and easiest, yes, but it would be wrong. I know what he did, but we can only control our own actions. Cremation is not allowed in Islam, and after his uncle came an did what needed to be done for a muslim burial it would have been disrespectful to the uncle at least.

    What is the Islamic view on cremation? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,879

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    We can be civilized and treat the dead well, or we can be like the people we call enemies.
    Which would make us no better than they are.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,496

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Cheapest and easiest, yes, but it would be wrong. I know what he did, but we can only control our own actions. Cremation is not allowed in Islam, and after his uncle came an did what needed to be done for a muslim burial it would have been disrespectful to the uncle at least.

    What is the Islamic view on cremation? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers
    I view it only as wrong when there's another viable and acceptable option.

    In this case - the terrorist abandoned Islam when he decided to kill people.

    Also - if none of the immediate family claims body, and no prominent Islamic group claims body, and the state must then deal with it, I see no reason why "religious acceptability" should have much bearing on things.

    Of course - the other option would be to bury him in an unmarked grave in the prison grave yard where his brother will spend the rest of his life.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    In my city you get a cardboard box in an unmarked grave beside the drain ditch at the edge of the woods behind the maintenance building in the largest of the city owned cemeteries. Some people do actually donate real burial plots they do not plan on using anymore that are used to help bury poor people who want to have a funeral. Churches will sometimes take up collections to help pay for indigent funerals when asked. We have a lot of churches, so it adds up quick even if only a few people throw in a few dollars.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Cheapest and easiest, yes, but it would be wrong. I know what he did, but we can only control our own actions. Cremation is not allowed in Islam, and after his uncle came an did what needed to be done for a muslim burial it would have been disrespectful to the uncle at least.

    What is the Islamic view on cremation? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers
    Like I care about respecting this guy and his traditions after what he did? Are you kidding me? I really couldn't care less. Just want to get rid of him as cheap and easy as possible.

    As for the uncle, I feel bad that he had such a monster for a nephew.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •