Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

  1. #31
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean.

    The OP is very disrespectful to the dead.

    I personally have a problem with people that show such disregard for the dead. I don't really care what the person did when they were alive everyone should have the decency to leave that behind when the person passes.
    Well, we're different, I guess. To me a dead body doesn't deserve any more respect dead than it did alive.

    I will admit that another poster got me to thinking that his family deserves respect; and, for that reason, I've re-thought my stance. Still, this is a family problem; not the funeral director's. I'd bet, as that poster said, there's a Potter's Field cemetery in Boston.

    Bury him there.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #32
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Last Seen
    09-04-15 @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    420

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    what happened to that "Islamic practice and tradition" that the body be buried with 24 hours.....at least thats what we were told once upon a time

  3. #33
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    I think there is more to this. I think the funeral director is not being compensated as much as he is asking. He told Anderson Cooper he would be glad to ship the body to Ruusia but needed a funeral director on the other end. He also indicated he was going to put pressure on health officials and OSHA as refrigeration only preserves for long. Then the body becomes a health hazard to his employees.

  4. #34
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Funerals and burials are for the living not the dead. So unless you consider his family subhuman scum he should be given a decent burial.
    The man is a terrorist, so his family can eat a dick.

    And, I believe, care for the dead is a big deal with Muslims. Want to give that community yet another reason to hate us?
    I really could care less if the feelings of terrorist sympathizers are hurt because we decided to cremate a piece of **** with some pigs.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #35
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Let him become part of a science experiment at a "body farm".

    Let students do autopsies on him.

    Just let the dude's body disappear. Who's keeping such a close watch over what happens to his body if the immediate family isn't willing to step up
    and collect the remains?

  6. #36
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That fact that someone is "subhuman garbage" as you put it does not in any mean we should ignore respect and decency when dealing with their bodies. We will all die one day, so lets do ourselves a favor and honor the dead with a bit of human decency, ok?
    Are you flippin' serious? LOL

    So post mortem, his body is no different than the 8-year-old boy he killed?

  7. #37
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,493

    Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The man is a terrorist, so his family can eat a dick.
    Fair enough. Suffice to say I disagree.



    [/QUOTE]I really could care less if the feelings of terrorist sympathizers are hurt because we decided to cremate a piece of **** with some pigs.[/QUOTE]

    Until they become radicalized to the point that they plant another bomb. It serves no useful purpose to be disrespectful to that corpse and could in fact backfire.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  8. #38
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    [QUOTE=Gaius46;1061779025]Fair enough. Suffice to say I disagree.



    These genetically mutated humans don't need motivation to do what they're programmed to do anyway.

    You can't talk cockroaches out of getting into your garbage.

  9. #39
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Until they become radicalized to the point that they plant another bomb. It serves no useful purpose to be disrespectful to that corpse and could in fact backfire.
    Regular Muslims are not going to give a rats ass one way or the other regarding how we treat dead terrorists.If anything, regular Muslims consider Muslim terrorists an embarrassment to their religion and are sick and tired of being associated with terrorists.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #40
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Hard to find grave for alleged Boston bomber

    not sure i understand what the big deal is. Dead is dead. Dood is gone. let the family bury the remains where they want with whatever circumstance they can manage, otherwise, bury the body the same as you would any other unclaimed body. Dood is dead. What is left behind is not him. Its irrational to hate the remains and unhealthy to cling to the hatred of the individual.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •