Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 203

Thread: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    But some liberal by the name of Cronkite reported to the American people that we were defeated during Tet and there was no light at the end of the tunnel.
    Utter fantasy!

    The war would have been over in 1968 if Nixon hadn't sabotaged the peace agreement with Hanoi in order to get elected. Johnson knew about what Tricky Dicky had done but he couldn't say anything. He found out about it because he was illegally wiretapping the Vietnam embassy.
    That traitorous scum Nixon prolonged the war for another five long years just so he could advance his political career. If the war had ended under Johnson there is no way Nixon could have beaten Humphrey at the polls.
    learn about it here;
    LBJ Tapes Show Richard Nixon May Have Committed Treason By Sabotaging Vietnam Peace Talks

    Know anybody killed in Vietnam killed between 1968 and 1973?
    You can thank Dick Nixon for their deaths.
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 05-07-13 at 01:02 AM.

  2. #72
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,492
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    [QUOTE
    Oddly enough, the acts of the Boston bombers might be more legitimate than Ayer's bombings were if they were acting on behalf of a foreign power at war with the United States. As acts of war they are not, strictly speaking, criminal matters. If they are just a couple of nut cases who imagined themselves as acting on behalf of some cause without any real authority to do so, then it's a criminal matter, of course.[/QUOTE]

    What if, hypothetically, the US invaded a country with the announced intention of overthrowing it's government. Would those who resisted the invasion be criminals?

  3. #73
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So by that definition then all those tea party militias, stocking up on guns and ammo, and preparing to fight against the tyrannical government and some already having commited crime and murder should be gassed for treason, too? Okay, if you say so.

    American Militias: Delusional, Racist and Burgeoning | AndrewHalcro.com
    No.


    And I think it shows a real lack of understanding of the 2nd amendment, or willing bastardization of same for you to assert that lawful gun ownership is on any sort of par with conspiring to declare war on the US government, and killing innocent civilians to further your cause.

    Your analogy is a false one. The 2nd amendment, and the founders thinking as related in the federalist papers do not talk of overthrow of the government simply because you don't agree with an action they take, but rather the right of the people as a whole to remove and replace true tyranny as they should see fit. There are hurdles to that.

    For instance, the Tea Party is community organization just the same as you on the left have done for decades, with issues like the ERA, or union protest. They are protesting the outright ignoring of constitutional boundaries and over taxation. A more apt comparison would be if during the Iraq war, if Code Pink started colluding to blow up police stations, and kill judges.

    Now, if you want to say that certain militias, or fringe groups like white supremisists commit treason with their actions, or charters, that is possible, but it would be an interesting case to prove. I would love to watch it unfold. WU on the other hand had an ongoing, and truly frightening plot to not only overthrow the government, but change the country into a fractionalized communist entity where they opined that upwards of 20 million that couldn't be "re-educated" into the proper thinking, would have to be killed, as documented by an undercover FBI agent in the meetings.



    So let's stop right here Moot, your defense of this human garbage, Bill Ayres. Unless you are a strong enough person to admit that you agree with his ideology, and find yourself in line with who the man is, which is a communist traitor to this country that opined to kill 25 million people simply because they would never agree to his mentally unhinged plan.

    This man devises curriculum for our children. He should have been tried, and given the death penalty decades ago.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #74
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Then why hasn't Bush been arrested?
    Because Bush didn't commit treason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #75
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,838

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So by that definition then all those tea party militias, stocking up on guns and ammo, and preparing to fight against the tyrannical government and some already having commited crime and murder should be gassed for treason, too? Okay, if you say so.

    American Militias: Delusional, Racist and Burgeoning | AndrewHalcro.com
    No, when right-wingers fight the government they're fighting for freedom. So when the Tea Partiers try and play out their little revolution fantasy, it will be justified. Because they're fighting tyranny, you see!

    (note: they wont actually do anything except bitch on facebook and internet forums)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #76
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    Bill Ayers is a part of the left leaning groups in America. It seems to me that they are winning the hearts and minds of America. Recent elections, cultural changes etc. They, the leftists will write the history books 100 years from now. Don't summarily dismiss what Ayers says. Recall the words of Curtis LeMay . He said ( paraphrase) 'if we had lost the war we would be tried as war criminals.'

  7. #77
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, when right-wingers fight the government they're fighting for freedom.
    What freedom are they fighting for that they don't already have?

    So when the Tea Partiers try and play out their little revolution fantasy, it will be justified. Because they're fighting tyranny, you see! (note: they wont actually do anything except bitch on facebook and internet forums)
    Fortunately, not everyone thinks that going back to the dark ages is a good idea.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because Bush didn't commit treason.
    Thats debatable when you consider he helped to mislead the country into an illegal war and almost bankrupted the country. I suspect that Bush's advisor, John Bolton might have known that the Neocons plotting and planning would be illegal or he wouldn't have advised Bush not to sign the International Criminal Court treaty as soon as he took office.

  9. #79
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, when right-wingers fight the government they're fighting for freedom. So when the Tea Partiers try and play out their little revolution fantasy, it will be justified. Because they're fighting tyranny, you see!

    (note: they wont actually do anything except bitch on facebook and internet forums)
    Oh come on, that's nonsense....What leads you to believe that the TP are violent in any way?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #80
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Bill Ayers Defends Weather Underground Bombings

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Thats debatable when you consider he helped to mislead the country into an illegal war and almost bankrupted the country. I suspect that Bush's advisor, John Bolton might have known that the Neocons plotting and planning would be illegal or he wouldn't have advised Bush not to sign the International Criminal Court treaty as soon as he took office.
    NO, we didn't sign on to the ICC because we value our sovereignty....Also, if you want to go with the premise that Bush mislead, and that equals treason in your eyes, then Obama mislead about this situation, and the same should apply no?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •