Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    That's one of the questions Congress and the "informed American voters" have been asking for the past eight months. Where was Obama from 5:00 P.M. EDST to the time he went to bed on 9-11-12 and what was he doing ?

    What's the big secret ? Is Obama trying to hide something from Congress and the American people ?
    hmmmm ... you're onto something here ... I'm guessing he won't survive this ... in fact, I bet he's out of office by Jan. 2017.

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wait, is this what you people have been whining about all along? Whether or not it was labeled a terrorist attack?
    Regardless of your thought on Benghazi or the amount of coverage it's generating right now, are you seriously playing dumb about the notion that one of the primary issues people had at the onset of it, and voiced routinely, was the fact that the Administration seemingly purposefully attempted to misrepresent it as a spur of the moment protest about a Youtube video gone arwy rather than a planned Al-Qaeda sponsored/linked terrorist attack?

  3. #93
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Regardless of your thought on Benghazi or the amount of coverage it's generating right now, are you seriously playing dumb about the notion that one of the primary issues people had at the onset of it, and voiced routinely, was the fact that the Administration seemingly purposefully attempted to misrepresent it as a spur of the moment protest about a Youtube video gone arwy rather than a planned Al-Qaeda sponsored/linked terrorist attack?
    Were there protests in Egypt around the same time over this issue? I think the attackers the use the protests in general as a cover to launch in the attack.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Were there protests in Egypt around the same time over this issue? I think the attackers the use the protests in general as a cover to launch in the attack.
    Post 21 in this same thread.....

    See at First Obama said there was no ties to AQ. But then his Own Team.....were the Ones that stated they thought AQ out of Iraq may have been responsible.

    US Intel believes some Benghazi attackers tied to al Qaeda in Iraq.....

    U.S. intelligence believes that assailants connected to al Qaeda in Iraq were among the core group that attacked the diplomatic mission in Benghazi, a U.S. government official told CNN.

    That would represent the second al Qaeda affiliate associated with the deadly September 11 attack that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

    Previously, intelligence officials said there were signs of connections to al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, the North African wing of the terror group.

    The revelation that members of al Qaeda in Iraq are suspected of involvement in the Libya attack comes at a time when there is a growing number of fighters from that group also taking part in the Syrian civil war.

    The weakened al Qaeda affiliate has had a resurgence in Iraq since U.S. forces left the country at the end of last year. The group had used Libya as a source for fighters. In a 2008 cable, Stevens described a nearby town of Derna as "a wellspring of Libyan foreign fighters" for al Qaeda in Iraq.

    The latest intelligence suggests the core group of suspects from the first wave of the attack on the Benghazi mission numbered between 35 to 40. Around a dozen of the attackers are believed to be connected to either al Qaeda in Iraq or al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, the government official said.

    According to the official, others in the core group are suspected of having ties to the Libyan group Ansar al-Sharia, and many of them are believed to be Egyptian jihadis.

    And just two hours later, one of the e-mails indicated the Libyan extremist group Ansar al Sharia was claiming responsibility for the attack on social media websites. "Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli," the e-mail said.

    Moreover, intelligence officials do not believe Ansar al-Sharia is solely responsible with indications now that some of the attackers were associated with al Qaeda in Iraq, al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and an Egyptian jihad network.....snip~

    US Intel believes some Benghazi attackers tied to al Qaeda in Iraq - CNN.com


    Which doesn't explain why Obama never took that Sunni Cleric in from Egypt for questioning since he used a social media site.....to call for rising up against the US.

    On the 18th of Sept Hezbollah called for more. Also you forget.....al-Zawahiri already had released the Video calling on those in Libya to take revenge for al-libi.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Were there protests in Egypt around the same time over this issue? I think the attackers the use the protests in general as a cover to launch in the attack.
    Then Post 24.....

    Whats really funny is now.....they say(Team Obama) that it was AQ out of Yemen.

    Sources: 3 al Qaeda operatives took part in Benghazi attack.....

    Several Yemeni men belonging to al Qaeda took part in the terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi last September, according to several sources who have spoken with CNN.

    One senior U.S. law enforcement official told CNN that "three or four members of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula," or AQAP, took part in the attack.

    Another source briefed on the Benghazi investigation said Western intelligence services suspect the men may have been sent by the group specifically to carry out the attack. But it's not been ruled out that they were already in the city and participated as the opportunity arose.....snip~

    Sources: 3 al Qaeda operatives took part in Benghazi attack – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

    If the AQAP members were dispatched to Benghazi, it would be further evidence of a new level of co-operation among jihadist groups throughout the Middle East and North Africa, counterterrorism analysts say.

    According to one source, counterterrorism officials learned the identity of the men and established they had spent two nights in Benghazi after the attack. Western intelligence agencies began trying to track the men in the aftermath of the terrorist attack, but were always behind in their manhunt.

    They were later traced to northern Mali, where they are believed to have connected with a fighting group commanded by Moktar Belmoktar, a prominent jihadist leader, according to a senior law enforcement source.

    The trail appears to have then gone cold. In early 2013, jihadists were driven out of many areas of northern Mali in a French-led offensive......snip~

    So much for using the Protest out of Egypt.....which was used for the Anniversary of 911.

  6. #96
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    We know that security requests went out months ahead, and the British had moved out of town a long time for the 9/11 attack.
    Well, we were already heavily involved in the War Against Women. We simply lacked the assets to mount much of anything else at the time of Benghazi.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Post 21 in this same thread.....

    See at First Obama said there was no ties to AQ. But then his Own Team.....were the Ones that stated they thought AQ out of Iraq may have been responsible.

    US Intel believes some Benghazi attackers tied to al Qaeda in Iraq.....

    U.S. intelligence believes that assailants connected to al Qaeda in Iraq were among the core group that attacked the diplomatic mission in Benghazi, a U.S. government official told CNN.

    That would represent the second al Qaeda affiliate associated with the deadly September 11 attack that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

    Previously, intelligence officials said there were signs of connections to al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, the North African wing of the terror group.

    The revelation that members of al Qaeda in Iraq are suspected of involvement in the Libya attack comes at a time when there is a growing number of fighters from that group also taking part in the Syrian civil war.

    The weakened al Qaeda affiliate has had a resurgence in Iraq since U.S. forces left the country at the end of last year. The group had used Libya as a source for fighters. In a 2008 cable, Stevens described a nearby town of Derna as "a wellspring of Libyan foreign fighters" for al Qaeda in Iraq.

    The latest intelligence suggests the core group of suspects from the first wave of the attack on the Benghazi mission numbered between 35 to 40. Around a dozen of the attackers are believed to be connected to either al Qaeda in Iraq or al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, the government official said.

    According to the official, others in the core group are suspected of having ties to the Libyan group Ansar al-Sharia, and many of them are believed to be Egyptian jihadis.

    And just two hours later, one of the e-mails indicated the Libyan extremist group Ansar al Sharia was claiming responsibility for the attack on social media websites. "Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli," the e-mail said.

    Moreover, intelligence officials do not believe Ansar al-Sharia is solely responsible with indications now that some of the attackers were associated with al Qaeda in Iraq, al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and an Egyptian jihad network.....snip~

    US Intel believes some Benghazi attackers tied to al Qaeda in Iraq - CNN.com


    Which doesn't explain why Obama never took that Sunni Cleric in from Egypt for questioning since he used a social media site.....to call for rising up against the US.

    On the 18th of Sept Hezbollah called for more. Also you forget.....al-Zawahiri already had released the Video calling on those in Libya to take revenge for al-libi.
    Do we have to accept every video that al-zawahiri makes as truth. He and his ilk have made video threats before.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Were there protests in Egypt around
    the same time over this issue? I think the attackers the use the protests in general as a cover to launch in the attack.
    What you think is irrelevent considering we knew it was a terrorist attack and those on the ground knew it was a terrorist from the moment it started.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Do we have to accept every video
    that al-zawahiri makes as truth. He and his ilk have made video threats before.
    The only video given any legitimacy by the Obama administration was a You-tube video no one had ever seen.

    What's worse is Hillary and Obama knew from the begining it was terrorist but allowed that video to get enough publicity to start NEW and REAL protest in other Islamic Nations.

    Had they been honest from the start that video would have never seen the light of day.

    Why not ? It strengthens their false narrative if more people die in protest that they publicized.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Do we have to accept every video that al-zawahiri makes as truth. He and his ilk have made video threats before.
    How does that change up the fact that he released his video 18hrs before the attack at Benghazi? How does that change up the fact that everything that Team Obama had stated out of their mouth. Has not been the truth and that they have deflected and misinformed the people as to what took place at Benghazi. How does that change up what the Libyans stated?

    Another one was General ham and Panetta stating that they could not use a Drone to attack with as it would have killed innocent people. Well here is one for you and those that Deny all was done that was possible.

    See who said the drone had to be used to attack any People with.....they could have had the drone strike an area close to but not in the vicinity of the attackers. Just by firing and the explosion taking place. Would have caused some sort of distraction for the Armed Attackers.

    There is no getting round this point tactically and General ham should have known better than to say there was nothing we could do!!!!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •