Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 139

Thread: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

  1. #1
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,998

    Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Officials: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Israel launched an airstrike into Syria, apparently targeting a suspected weapons site, U.S. officials said Friday night.

    The strike occurred overnight Thursday into Friday, the officials told The Associated Press. It did not appear that a chemical weapons site was targeted, they said, and one official said the strike appeared to have hit a warehouse.

    The U.S. officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

    Israel has targeted weapons in the past that it believes are being delivered to the Lebanon-based militant group Hezbollah. Earlier this week, Hezbollah leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah said his group would assist Syrian President Bashar Assad if needed in the effort to put down a 2-year-old uprising.

    Israeli Embassy spokesman Aaron Sagui would not comment Friday night specifically on the report of an Israeli strike into Syria.

    "What we can say is that Israel is determined to prevent the transfer of chemical weapons or other game-changing weaponry by the Syrian regime to terrorists, specially to Hezbollah in Lebanon," Sagui said in an email to the AP.

    In 2007, Israeli jets bombed a suspected nuclear reactor site along the Euphrates River in northeastern Syria, an attack that embarrassed and jolted the Assad regime and led to a buildup of the Syrian air defense system. Russia provided the hardware for the defense systems upgrade and continues to be a reliable supplier of military equipment to the Assad regime.

    Alright... who the F knows how this all came about but my tin foil hat is screaming on this one. Syria crossed Obama's line in the sand and Israel attacks. Here's what it looks like with my hat on... Now, instead of the big fear of the U.S. arming the rebels who may very well be more religiously fanatic than we'd like who'd then in turn attack the west or support terrorist groups against us and Israel... now these potential fanatics when they land Syria by ousting Assad, they practically have to give Israel some kind of kudos starting them off in a rather akward position for trying to hate the guys that very publicly helped them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    At Least WE are confirming this one.....allegedly the FSA rebels reported this last Saturday that Israel hit a Chemical Plant. While Israeli Press stated that the Planes had flew over Assad's Presidential Compound before flying off to some other site.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...ons-plant.html

  3. #3
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,998

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    At Least WE are confirming this one.....allegedly the FSA rebels reported this last Saturday that Israel hit a Chemical Plant. While Israeli Press stated that the Planes had flew over Assad's Presidential Compound before flying off to some other site.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...ons-plant.html
    Then if they flew over his house to intimidate... wonder if some deal will be struck now where he steps down all of a sudden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Then if they flew over his house to intimidate... wonder if some deal will be struck now where he steps down all of a sudden.
    Last I heard.....he told the Russians, that when the 2014 Elections come round. He will abide by the Decision of that vote. Which was my question before......what happens if he lasts til 2014 and then steps down? Then what?

    Are we suppose to negotiate with these Rebels. Who have Pledged against us. Wherein most of those Sunni Muslims will side and support Al Nusra and the MB.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Last I heard.....he told the Russians, that when the 2014 Elections come round. He will abide by the Decision of that vote. Which was my question before......what happens if he lasts til 2014 and then steps down? Then what?

    Are we suppose to negotiate with these Rebels. Who have Pledged against us. Wherein most of those Sunni Muslims will side and support Al Nusra and the MB.
    Why should we negotiate with anyone? It isn't like the US has any real interests whatsoever in Syria.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Why should we negotiate with anyone? It isn't like the US has any real interests whatsoever in Syria.
    I have been saying this all along.....yet it was Hillary and Team Obama that was running around the Planet holding Friends of Syria meetings. Just sayin!

  7. #7
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,136

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    i believe it is called target practice
    iran is supposed to notice
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #8
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i believe it is called target practice
    iran is supposed to notice

    ^^^This!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #9
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i believe it is called target practice
    iran is supposed to notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    ^^^This!


    Tim-

    You don't see a few reasons for Israel to strike inside Syria?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You don't see a few reasons for Israel to strike inside Syria?


    Hmmm................So, Israel strikes within Syria, then commences whining that they're the only "real" people in the Middle East if there's any blowback ? How long can the people here live with their heads up their azzes ?...........................
    Last edited by Bonzai; 05-04-13 at 02:51 AM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •