Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 139

Thread: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

  1. #81
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    maybe you can expmlain tot he rest of us why our military should commit and die for a clearly religious state when US values a separation of church and state? Isreal is an established religious theocracy and even has made rules which makes jews the preferred class in the country. AT least when we went into iraq we tried to give them democracy and elections, but no one wants isreal to start making things equal for non-jews. Why should the defenders of america and it's freedoms from religious tyranny fight for a religious state?
    You display such complete ignorance coupled with dishonesty and bigotry that it is difficult to even know where to begin here.

    It's downright Orwellian how somebody motivated by hatred for an ethnicity can try to twist reality in this way.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #82
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Looks like Israel are no longer on Americas leash, should be interesting over the next few years...
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    You display such complete ignorance coupled with dishonesty and bigotry that it is difficult to even know where to begin here.

    It's downright Orwellian how somebody motivated by hatred for an ethnicity can try to twist reality in this way.
    What on Earth are you talking about?

    Everything he/she typed in that post you quoted was (imo) dead right.

    Israel IS a state that CLEARLY favours The Jewish religion over all others.

    America is about separation of Church and state...Israel is the exact opposite.


    And you call him/her a bigot for speaking the truth?

    One can not approve of a group of people's actions and yet still see them as equals.

    I do not know if he/she is a bigot or not...but I saw little/nothing in his/her post to indicate they are.


    Maybe you should learn a little wisdom before you start calling people 'bigots' just because you don't like what they say.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    maybe you can expmlain tot he rest of us why our military should commit and die for a clearly religious state when US values a separation of church and state? Isreal is an established religious theocracy and even has made rules which makes jews the preferred class in the country. AT least when we went into iraq we tried to give them democracy and elections, but no one wants isreal to start making things equal for non-jews. Why should the defenders of america and it's freedoms from religious tyranny fight for a religious state?
    I agree completely.

  5. #85
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    What on Earth are you talking about?

    Everything he/she typed in that post you quoted was (imo) dead right.

    Israel IS a state that CLEARLY favours The Jewish religion over all others.

    America is about separation of Church and state...Israel is the exact opposite.


    And you call him/her a bigot for speaking the truth?

    One can not approve of a group of people's actions and yet still see them as equals.

    I do not know if he/she is a bigot or not...but I saw little/nothing in his/her post to indicate they are.


    Maybe you should learn a little wisdom before you start calling people 'bigots' just because you don't like what they say.
    A word to the wise. Every ounce of your credibility that you try to lend to tererun has been thrown into a black hole, and there is no getting it back.


    That being said, Israel has greater separation of church and state than - for example - Great Britain, and I have yet to see anybody argue some kind of first-amendment threat from our relationship with them.

  6. #86
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I agree completely.
    Then you are either you are a fool, or you did a poor job of reading, and aren't aware of what he is arguing.

    However, I would love to see what you consider to be examples of Israels' "religious tyranny". We can compare it, if you like, to all the other states in the region.

  7. #87
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    What on Earth are you talking about?

    Everything he/she typed in that post you quoted was (imo) dead right.

    Israel IS a state that CLEARLY favours The Jewish religion over all others.

    America is about separation of Church and state...Israel is the exact opposite.


    And you call him/her a bigot for speaking the truth?

    One can not approve of a group of people's actions and yet still see them as equals.

    I do not know if he/she is a bigot or not...but I saw little/nothing in his/her post to indicate they are.


    Maybe you should learn a little wisdom before you start calling people 'bigots' just because you don't like what they say.
    or you could be honest, instead. It's your call.


    Just because you are willing to lie about Isreal being a religious state, that does not make it so. If you actually knew a thing or two about the world, you would not say what you say.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    A word to the wise. Every ounce of your credibility that you try to lend to tererun has been thrown into a black hole, and there is no getting it back.


    That being said, Israel has greater separation of church and state than - for example - Great Britain, and I have yet to see anybody argue some kind of first-amendment threat from our relationship with them.
    The rerun is on my ignore list for a reason...but I still agree with what he/she said in the post I quoted.

    My father was British, I am quite familiar with the country. And there is no chance you are going to convince me that G.B. is less fair to it's religious minorities then Israel is to theirs...so do not even try.
    And since your mind is obviously made up...I will not waste my time and try and change yours either.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    or you could be honest, instead. It's your call.


    Just because you are willing to lie about Isreal being a religious state, that does not make it so. If you actually knew a thing or two about the world, you would not say what you say.
    liedly·ing
    Definition of LIE

    intransitive verb
    1
    : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

    Lie - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    To know I lied means you know what my intent was. And since you cannot know that, you cannot know I am lying or not.

    Btw - I am not.

    First you call people bigots for speaking the truth. Then you call people liars when you have no idea what their intent was.

    I see talking to you is a complete waste of time.


    Have a nice day.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    hey don't get mad at me, i just wanted to know why the right supports the state of isreal so much. All you needed to say was you were not going to answer me, but you made a bad excuse. Now if you want to get back to the topic why is the US even involved in any of this? Why is there even a question of our involvement in this whole thing? I can ask you the same questions eco ignored. How are syrian terrorists a special danger to the US? Can they get their chemical payload to the US cvia missile? can they get their weapons to the US border via Naval and land route? How are they a danger to us that requires another invasion that historically doesn't work out well for us like the last few we have had?

    If you are not supporting an invasion and you are just thinking the president and our embassadors should wag our fingers at syria in disapproval and we should not consider backing Isreal in any other way than words then just say that. make the definitive statement that going to war with syria for the sake of isreal and it's safety is not something you endorse. because no one really cares about two countries shooting at each other unless their country might get involved in it. No one gets all worried because african governments are shooting at each other because we won't be bothered sending troops there. The reason we care about syria is because we know when isreal gets backed into a corner like the bitches they are Obama will be under pressure to do something with our military. So yes I am following this to it's conclusion. becuase this is not just a case where we are going to wag our finger at syria. there is already discussion of the consequences of war with syria before this BS, and the war is the problem. No one would care about syria or isreal if it wasn't about actually going to war.

    So you can keep pretending this is not about war, but it is about the US getting involved in this spat. If it wasn't about US and world involvement in this spat it would be in international issues where it was just a trivial discussion like every other conflict no one cares about.

    Lets look at this way.....the US is a House.....just like anyone elses house. One has to maintain their own house. Take care of those in their own house. Pay the bills, Budget ones monies. All those Common-sensical issues that All must deal with daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly.

    Now after ya got ya house in order.....you can go out to play. Where the Big Boyz play and are all part of the Game. Not to difficult to understand where the Real Issues that Mean anything are.....and can affect each's own house, all across the world.

    Hope that helps.....especially with those priorities in understanding, that which Makes ones House Trivial. In the real Crux of things.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •