Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 139

Thread: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    I really don't care if isreal and Syria want to have a little spat. What I do care about is eventually Isreal will be coming to it's big brother USA when everyone around starts looking to pound her into the dirt for being a bitch. As long as we just wag our fingers at the people who retaliate on Isreal for her acts of war I am fine, but I don't feel like spending money the US doesn't have in isreal's war when isreal is about to get it's ass handed to it for ****ing with it's neighbors. We should hang them out to dry so they learn the US army is not theirs to manipulate into their defense. If anyone wants to actually go fight for the Isreali people i invite you to go to syria and fight, but don't send the army of the US to fight their battles for them.

  2. #52
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I really don't care if isreal and Syria want to have a little spat. What I do care about is eventually Isreal will be coming to it's big brother USA when everyone around starts looking to pound her into the dirt for being a bitch. As long as we just wag our fingers at the people who retaliate on Isreal for her acts of war I am fine, but I don't feel like spending money the US doesn't have in isreal's war when isreal is about to get it's ass handed to it for ****ing with it's neighbors. We should hang them out to dry so they learn the US army is not theirs to manipulate into their defense. If anyone wants to actually go fight for the Isreali people i invite you to go to syria and fight, but don't send the army of the US to fight their battles for them.
    You do realize the strike has nothing to do with any conflict between Israel and Syria, right? Israel is striking terrorist and perhaps chemical targets, not Assad or his forces.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    isrealeconomy.org/strat1

    That website doesn't mean anything to me and I'm not taking the time to vet your source. How about you tell me a little about it (the source and their claim). I mean, if you take the time to post the link twice, I figure you have a minute to write a sentence or two.
    Oh, I don't know much about the site, but they're hosting a 1996 policy paper written by Richard Perle, James Colbert, Charles Fairbanks, Jr., Douglas Feith, Robert Loewenberg, David Wurmser, and Meyrav Wurmser.

    The report is called A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm.

    It deals with, well, rearranging the Middle East to Israel's and the United States' benefit (mostly Israel in mind though).

    So Iraq in 2003 was the beginning of this plan. 9/11 gave the United States and Israel the leeway to pursue aggressive military and intelligence campaigns against terrorists, which neoconservatives wanted prior to 9/11 anyway. Lebanon was struck in 2006 by Israel. Syria is, as you should know, currently engulfed in a Civil War, as well, being occasionally militarily struck by Israel (rolling back). And Iran will not be allowed to ascertain nuclear weapons, but since we haven't gotten to that point yet, the future is uncertain. But what isn't uncertain is this policy being implemented.

    I suggest you read it.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You do realize the strike has nothing to do with any conflict between Israel and Syria, right? Israel is striking terrorist and perhaps chemical targets, not Assad or his forces.
    I don't really care if isreal was swatting flies with missiles. It doesn't change the fact they will be asking us to back them and protect them from the fallout of their actions. They launched missiles into a sovereign nation. They are not the US who can invade iraq because we wanted to. Our power is not theirs. Isreal is not acting on our behalf. We act on our behalf. trying to pretend like Isreal is battling terrorism is really awful logic. Isreal is attacking it's enemies. isreal is starting crap because they like to do it, and because they think they have the security blanket of the US to stop them from getting their ass kicked. They are not defending any of us. They are acting on their own behalf, and I am fine with them starting wars with their enemies. I have no desire to get involved one way or the other with them doing that. That includes letting them hang when all the people they have pissed off come for their heads. don't give me any of that Isreal is an ally to the US crap either. They are a speed bump considering the armies capable of attacking us. They are an anchor and an expense to us otherwise. We can do without the speed bump and the anchor.

  5. #55
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I don't really care if isreal was swatting flies with missiles. It doesn't change the fact they will be asking us to back them and protect them from the fallout of their actions. They launched missiles into a sovereign nation. They are not the US who can invade iraq because we wanted to. Our power is not theirs. Isreal is not acting on our behalf. We act on our behalf. trying to pretend like Isreal is battling terrorism is really awful logic. Isreal is attacking it's enemies. isreal is starting crap because they like to do it, and because they think they have the security blanket of the US to stop them from getting their ass kicked. They are not defending any of us. They are acting on their own behalf, and I am fine with them starting wars with their enemies. I have no desire to get involved one way or the other with them doing that. That includes letting them hang when all the people they have pissed off come for their heads. don't give me any of that Isreal is an ally to the US crap either. They are a speed bump considering the armies capable of attacking us. They are an anchor and an expense to us otherwise. We can do without the speed bump and the anchor.
    So basically, you don't care about anything except the US spending money. Do you consider this to be an informed position?

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So basically, you don't care about anything except the US spending money. Do you consider this to be an informed position?
    basically i do not care about getting into another expensive foreign war that doesn't benefit us at all. I might be more for it if we had a surplus and were getting support from other countries to use our army as the world police. Isreal is not part of the US. When they petition to be a US state and start complying with US laws and become a territory of the Us then protecting them will be our business. Until then it is their business and we are on the other side of the world and not in any real danger from either side.

    Please, explain to all of us the threat of syrian terrorists. Are they more of a danger to us than other terrorists we have floating around here? Do they have long range missiles capable of cutting through our defenses? Do they have a navy capable of getting their armies to our shores? Do they have an army capable of getting through our borders? really, numbnuts over in NK is more of a threat to the US than syria is.

  7. #57
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You don't see a few reasons for Israel to strike inside Syria?
    pshaw. What, you think loose chemical weapons in Syria with the jumbling of hands that would be grasping for it poses some kind of threat to Israel or something?

  8. #58
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    pshaw. What, you think loose chemical weapons in Syria with the jumbling of hands that would be grasping for it poses some kind of threat to Israel or something?
    Oh, let's stop pretending. We all know that this strike is intended to get Iran to understand that Israel is serious. That was the only purpose. After decades of Israel kicking everyone's ass, this strike is what is finally gonna make Iran say "Hey, you know what? Maybe Israel is serious!" It's a good thing they did it just in time.

  9. #59
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Please, explain to all of us the threat of syrian terrorists. Are they more of a danger to us than other terrorists we have floating around here? Do they have long range missiles capable of cutting through our defenses? Do they have a navy capable of getting their armies to our shores? Do they have an army capable of getting through our borders? really, numbnuts over in NK is more of a threat to the US than syria is.
    So, you don't care about anything except the US itself and US money? Doesn't that seem just a little self-centered and unrealistic in a globalist world?

    What is it that you feel the US government is not providing sufficiently for you? What's it cost for you to ignore genocide... a new x-box?

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel launches airstrike into Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So, you don't care about anything except the US itself and US money? Doesn't that seem just a little self-centered and unrealistic in a globalist world?
    yup, we are not the world's police. No one gave us that job, nor do i think we are presently capable of spreading anything good considering how screwed up our government is. If the world wants to subject itself to the US military as it's police I am sure they will ask. It is not our job to impose our values on other people, even the syrians. Yes, i really do not care. I might have years ago thought we could help the world but the iraq and afganistan wars along with involvement in the Arab Spring taught me something. They will never like us for interfering. We will always be invaders when we use our military in their country. They will never be grateful for our bombs blowing their **** up. So I say we wag our fingers at them and deal with all of our own problems. yes, those problems we have actually effect my life. So yes i do care about those problems a lot more than some foreign war that doesn't effect me at all. However, i am all for selling them some used and obsolete conventional military equipment.

    if you want to go impose your rules on them feel free to arm yourself and go there. If you want to send other people to fight a battle for your ideals that doesn't effect their homes or life that is a load of crap. they signed up to protect the US, not to fight for isreal. They certainly did not sign up to fight for your moral superiority around the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What is it that you feel the US government is not providing sufficiently for you? What's it cost for you to ignore genocide... a new x-box?
    If we are going to worry about genocide i think we should hit both isreal and syria. They are both guilty, and no we are still not their police force no matter how emotional you want to get about it. If they want protection from genocide then fill out immigration papers and come here. Come within the land borders we protect. no one asked us to be world police, and no you are not close to moral enough to take on that role.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •