Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 442

Thread: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

  1. #291
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    he got his obamacare, that was sposed to help a lot---keep costs down, let the folks consume, all those jobs in the industry

    he got his dodd-frank---that was gonna fix the too-big's

    Holder: Banks too big to prosecute - Salon.com

    he got his tax-the-rich on january 1---as well as his 2% payroll on ALL americans, including MIDDLE CLASS

    and what was that stimu...

    i mean, excuse me, what was that s-word thing sposed to be all about?

    its hundreds of billions of dollars worth of problems were in-your-face obvious within six months

    Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

    neanderthals, knuckledraggers, knownothings...

    ok

    but watch who you're callin a luddite

    LOL!

    party on!
    Aw yes, Prof, links that liberals here want to ignore. Apparently they believe if you ignore the links the actual data and facts will be whatever they want them to be

  2. #292
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You're asking nonsensical questions to deflect away from your ridiculous claim that 9 million jobs were lost over the last 4 years.
    And your ridiculous claim that because you ignore the fact that discouraged workers aren't counted as unemployed in the U-3 numbers that Obama's unemployment performance is better than other GOP Presidents. How did the discouraged worker count during Reagan's term look?

  3. #293
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obamacare was the number two policy issued by Obama when we have poor employment and poor economic growth so tell me is Obamacare that requires an employer to buy insurance a pro growth private sector economic policy?
    False representation, faulty premise.

    Let me know when during the last 50 years higher taxes generated higher revenue and less National Debt and not just more spending.
    You are so confused, govt spending as a component of the economy and on a per capitia level has declined, the idea that govt should shrink as the country increases in size is silly, a false premise. In the 90's we had higher rates, increased revenues, declining deficits, lowered spending to gdp levels.

    If you are concerned about debt then why wouldn't you have a problem with a 3.77 trillion dollar budget?
    I'm not in the short term.

    Employment remained in free fall in 2010-2011 when over a million people per month were discouraged workers not counted as unemployed so tell me does a discouraged worker make one less unemployed?
    Complete falsehood, employment levels had stabilized in 2010.



    Yes, demand is holding back growth and that is due to 21.5 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers along with millions and millions on food stamps and other forms of taxpayer welfare.
    Finally a concession!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #294
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    Is the new normal high unemployment? low economic growth? massive govt. debt? greater dependence on the taxpayer?

    just a buncha nonsensical questions

    LOL!

    all ya need to know

    party on, progressives

    why can't the obama recovery create enough jobs even to keep up with population growth?

    why are 1/5 of april's jobs temp?

    why are so many workers forced into part time?

    why are more than half those who do find something paid near minimum wage?

    why can't obama say the word stimulus?

    when's the last time you heard him talk about the need to invest?

    why did fisker fail?

    why can't 50 million americans feed themselves?

    why does obama want to raise taxes on the middle class?

    why have 1.6 million americans dropped out of the work force in the last 6 months?

    nonsensical questions...

    luddites...

    LOL!
    Last edited by The Prof; 05-05-13 at 03:56 PM.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And your ridiculous claim that because you ignore the fact that discouraged workers aren't counted as unemployed in the U-3 numbers that Obama's unemployment performance is better than other GOP Presidents. How did the discouraged worker count during Reagan's term look?
    So this is what your rant is about?? Because you're not happy since Obama has lowered the unemployment rate more than every single Republican president going back as far as BLS data shows??



    And by the way, I didn't ignore discouraged workers, I included them in another chart showing that Obama still performs better than his Republican counter parts when using the U6 rate.

    As far as discouraged workers under Reagan, I don't know, how many were there?

    And again, you continue to deflect away from your nonsensical claim that 9 million jobs were lost under Obama.

    I thought you said you admit when you're wrong, as I had done.

    Seems not.

  6. #296
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,377

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What do you believe the labor force number should be today 5 1/2 years after the recession started and 4 plus years after Obama took office?
    I have no opinion on the matter.
    Do you think a discourage worker is any less unemployed?
    They're not unemployed at all because they're not trying to get ajob...they're Not in the Labor Force.

    So let me see if I have this right, the discouraged worker number when Obama took office was 734,000 and in April 2013 it was over 800,000 and Obama has added 6 trillion to the debt but that is a good thing?
    How are you getting that from what I wrote? I'm giving you the actual numbers, not the false numbers you were claiming. I've said nothing about good or bad.

    How do you know the number of people in the labor force who want a job is up 700,000?
    It's not. Everyone in the labor force wants a job. That's kind of the definition of the labor force: Wanting a job and doing something about working. And the labor force has gone up 1 million.

    There are some people not in the labor force who say they want a job (this includes the discouraged) but aren't actually doing anything about it. The number of people NOT in the Labor Force who say they want a job has increased 700,000: from 5.7 million to 6.4 million.

    What about the over 11 million unemployed? Do they want a job?
    Yes they do...and they are in the labor force.

    Do you not understand the definitions?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  7. #297
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    the idea that govt should shrink as the country increases in size is silly
    LOL!

    not if the govt is too big to begin with

    hey, why does ap say this is "by far" the slowest economic recovery in american history?

    not enough krugman?

  8. #298
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    I thought you said you admit when you're wrong
    spoken like a genuine personality whore

    why do wsj and nyt say that the april jobs report doesn't come close to turning around a depressed jobs market?

    hey, per bloomberg---dominos is hiring 1000's!

    part time

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    I notice how threads like this appear whenever there's good news. On Friday, we learned that February and March's employment numbers were revised upwards by over 100,000 jobs and Apr saw an increase of 165,000. We saw the Dow hit a new all-time high. We saw the S&P500 hit a new all-time high. And now we're seeing the righties hunting for any bad news they can find to counter good news for America.

    Which once again proves that good news for America is bad news for Conservatives.

  10. #300
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: U.S. unemployment falls to 7.5% in April [W: 348, 360]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The new liberal normal, high unemployment, lower labor force growth, low economic growth, massive debt, and greater govt dependence. This coming from someone who claims to be in business for themself?
    LOL...yeah, that is what we want! That is a "normal" we seek! FFS, the absolute dishonesty you need to ascribe to your adversary while ignoring your sides intransigence. Again, the GOP refuses to push ANY jobs programs, to restore public employment, to help in pushing ANY economic stimulation that might make the President look better.

    Politics before nation, the GOP way.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •