Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88

Thread: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

  1. #51
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Statistics prove you wrong. US health care almost always produces worse outcomes that most other industrialized countries. As I recall, just about the only thing the US does better than anyone else is treat some cancer.
    You are "Very Liberal", and typical of Liberals... very wrong. I used to be one... but an open mind an tons of travel helped extinguish that poison.

    Have you lived in Europe or Canada? I have... for many years in both countries.

    I'll give you an example of how pathetic the Canadian system is. A very close friend required an eye operation. She waited... and waited... and waited. Then they botched the operation. For 18-months she kept going to MD's, and finally one said... you do have a problem. She waited another 6-months for a corrective procedure. Too late. Her eye is feckt.

    In the US she would have had an operation in less than a week. Correction to the problem would have been instant.

    In the EU a buddy of mine is a GP. He couldn't make money in Germany. He was working for "points". All the schooling, all the investment, all the hard work and he was making less than a street cleaner. He moved to Switzerland and is cashing in as he should. It's a service... not some type of government widget to control.

    Government has no business sticking their fingers in the pie of private enterprise... it's not their job, and when it becomes their job... well... hold your ankles because you're about to take a big and thick one.
    Last edited by zimmer; 05-03-13 at 02:10 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #52
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You are "Very Liberal", and typical of Liberals... very wrong. I used to be one... but an open mind an tons of travel helped extinguish that poison.

    Have you lived in Europe or Canada? I have... for many years in both countries.

    I'll give you an example of how pathetic the Canadian system is. A very close friend required an eye operation. She waited... and waited... and waited. Then they botched the operation. For 18-months she kept going to MD's, and finally one said... you do have a problem. She waited another 6-months for a corrective procedure. Too late. Her eye is feckt.

    In the US she would have had an operation in less than a week. Correction to the problem would have been instant.

    In the EU a buddy of mine is a GP. He couldn't make money in Germany. He was working for "points". All the schooling, all the investment, all the hard work and he was making less than a street cleaner. He moved to Switzerland and is cashing in as he should. It's a service... not some type of government widget to control.

    Government has no business sticking their fingers in the pie of private enterprise... it's not their job, and when it becomes their job... well... hold your ankles because you're about to take a big and thick one.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

    By the way: our waiting times suck. Have you noticed how the waiting time argument always revolves around Canada or the UK? How come not Germany, Japan, Sweden, Iceland, Australia, or France? Because all of those countries have shorter waiting times than we do. Germany by a huge margin.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #53
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

    By the way: our waiting times suck. Have you noticed how the waiting time argument always revolves around Canada or the UK? How come not Germany, Japan, Sweden, Iceland, Australia, or France? Because all of those countries have shorter waiting times than we do. Germany by a huge margin.
    The Swedes have done their best to deconstruct the socialist hell they created. Once it was a backwater nation. Poor as dirt. Then they embraced Capitalism (I guess they didn't teach you that at your socialist indoctrination center (school) and grew to the 4th wealthiest nation. Then came the slide with Socialism. Their healthcare system is a holdover from those days and is awful. Finns too.

    Iceland isn't really a nation, but a village of 200,000.

    France? ROTFLOL... yes... one heat wave (normal south US summer temps) and 14,000 people died... because there were no doctors. When we have a heatwave... 600 might die, but not an entire town.

    Care to try again?
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    the tiffany network, cbs, yesterday:

    The Affordable Care Act will be fully implemented by Jan. 1, 2014. But right now, it's causing concern and anxiety for small business owners who say they don't understand how the new law works or how they're going to pay for it.

    Hans Rockenwagner's bakery is known throughout Los Angeles for its artisan breads. But looming provisions in the new law have the small business owner worried about his company's future.

    Rockenwagner said, "The employees are asking: How is this going to affect me? How do I need to budget myself?"

    Because Rockenwagner employs more than 50 people, he is required by the law to offer health insurance or pay a fine every year of $2,000 per employee. Rockenwagner and other small business owners worry the cost to provide coverage could consume their profits. Rockenwagner says his annual costs would total around $300,000. But what's even worse: he says he can't make any decisions because the federal government is giving no guidance. "What are the rates?" Rockenwagner said. "Who are the carriers? Who's covered? Who's not?"

    President Obama downplayed the concerns this week, saying, "Any time you are implementing something big, there's going to be people who are nervous and anxious about, is it going to get done, until it's actually done."

    But it's not just business owners sounding the alarm. Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., who helped write the massive health care bill, recently confronted the president's top adviser in charge of implementing the law. "I just see a huge train wreck coming down," Baucus told Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius at a hearing. "You and I have discussed this many times and I don't see any results yet."

    And when Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., was asked by a radio show caller, "What do you think about Senator Baucus calling it a train wreck?", Reid replied, "Max said unless we implement this properly it's going to be a train wreck and I agree with him."

    Reid and administration officials say they need more money to develop detailed plans to help businesses. But as the deadline approaches, the public appears equally as confused. A new poll released by the Kaiser Family Foundation shows that 42 percent of Americans don't even realize the president's health care law is on the books and nearly six in 10 of the uninsured don't understand how it will impact them. People want answers, just like Rockenwagner, the small business owner.
    psst...

    if you want answers, you're gonna have to hire toensing and digenova

    can YOU answer reluctant mr rockenwagner's questions?

    cbs can't

    can sebelius?

    baucus---chair of senate finance---to hhs' face says "choo choo!"

    and i'm sure you've heard by now what schumer said:

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...obamacare.html

    can you deny the administration's incompetence?

    you need to get off now, you know how train wrecks end up
    Last edited by The Prof; 05-04-13 at 06:26 PM.

  5. #55
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Numerous studies demonstrate that it those on Medicaid either have equal or poorer health than those without insurance at all.

    Sort of. The only thing the US system does better than anyone else is provide healthcare, which translates into higher survival rates for diseases like cancer.
    Are you serious? Did you actually mean to post what you did?
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  6. #56
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The Swedes have done their best to deconstruct the socialist hell they created. Once it was a backwater nation. Poor as dirt. Then they embraced Capitalism (I guess they didn't teach you that at your socialist indoctrination center (school) and grew to the 4th wealthiest nation. Then came the slide with Socialism. Their healthcare system is a holdover from those days and is awful. Finns too.

    Iceland isn't really a nation, but a village of 200,000.

    France? ROTFLOL... yes... one heat wave (normal south US summer temps) and 14,000 people died... because there were no doctors. When we have a heatwave... 600 might die, but not an entire town.

    Care to try again?
    Sure; as soon as you give me something other than unsupported assertions.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  7. #57
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,012

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    I just got to love our politicians logic on Health Care

    First: Pelosi : “But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”

    and now : "Reid warned the federal government is not spending enough money to implement the law..."

    I imagine next, some will come out and say the govt has not taxed enough.

    What we have is a spending and priority setting problem. IMO, the HCA was written too quickly and passed without a good review. What Obama calls bumps and hickups is more like the bill is a mess.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    uva (university of virginia), 2010

    UVa Study: Surgical Patients On Medicaid Are 13% More Likely To Die Than Those Without Insurance

    they don't call it the ghetto of health care for nothing

  9. #59
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Sure; as soon as you give me something other than unsupported assertions.
    Unsupported? You mean 14,000 people didn't die in Paris?
    Iceland isn't much more than a village of 200,000 or so?
    Sweden and Finland's healthcare isn't a problem due to socialism?
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #60
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Reid: More Funding Needed To Prevent ObamaCare From Becoming 'Train Wreck'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    uva (university of virginia), 2010

    UVa Study: Surgical Patients On Medicaid Are 13% More Likely To Die Than Those Without Insurance

    they don't call it the ghetto of health care for nothing
    From the linked blog posting:

    The Virginia group evaluated 893,658 major surgical operations from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample database from 2003 to 2007. They divided the patients up by the type of insurance—private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, and uninsured—and adjusted the database in order to control for age, gender, income, geographic region, operation, and comorbid conditions (having 2 or more diseases simultaneously). That way, they could correct for the obvious differences in the patient populations (for example, older and poorer patients being more likely to have ill health).
    I'd like to know more about the adjustments. The results of the study are counter-intuitive and I suspect the adjustments are the reason.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •