Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 101

Thread: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    obama's original rationale for reforming health care, the centerpiece of his first campaign, was not to expand coverage but to "bend the cost trajectory"

    he would lower premiums, he promised daily, $2500 per family

    Health Bill May Not Curb Health Care Costs - CBS News

    Transcript - Barack Obama's Acceptance Speech - Election Guide 2008 - The New York Times

    well, he bent the curve alright, just the wrong way

    ask uber lib senator ben cardin from dark blue maryland

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/26/us...w-rollout.html

    why would all those senators say such nasty things?

    why couldn't obama get the shop program up and running like he pledged, that was the biggie, bona fide deal breaker

    Feds delay small-business health care program/usatoday

    ask max baucus, the bill's author

    ask harry reid, ask jay rockefeller, chair of the subcommittee

    last month, 79 senators, 34 of them dem, voted to expunge one of the president's prime payfor's

    Senate votes to kill Obamacare-related tax - Washington Times

    how can you enact comprehensive reform when half the law you just passed is completely ignored?

    it is what it is

    a train wreck

    choo choo!

  2. #62
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    01-29-15 @ 07:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    88

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If you don't like my posts, then ignore them...or you will indeed keep proving my point.
    Actually, you are just proving mine. You make a one line post insulting those who hold different beliefs, get a reply that you don't like, insult people of differing beliefs more, and then declare victory. Very liberal of you.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesof2 View Post
    Let me get this straight... 1) since the GOP is, apparently, legislating what science is taught in schools, that 2) businesses who don't agree are going to 'relocate' and 3) immigrants are going to take *my* jobs? And, somehow, this is going to 4) put downward pressure on jobs in conservative states?
    1) The conservatives in congress have been politicizing science and are trying to defund any science that they don't agree with ....or science that doesn't agree with them.

    How Much Say Should Congress Have in Science Funding?

    In some conservative states, their legislatures have tried to legislate what science should be taught in public schools.

    http://www.aibs.org/public-policy/ev...tate_news.html

    The year's antievolution legislation so far | NCSE

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/04/sc...anted=all&_r=0


    2) Businesses who need an educated workforce are not going to locate in a city or state with an uneducated workforce.

    US Unemployment: Uneducated Workforce Adds to Problems AAPL, GOOG, CSCO, HPQ, INTC -

    3) Conservatives are worried that immigrants are competing for and taking away American jobs.

    Sessions Says Immigration Bill Is a Threat to U.S. Workers - NYTimes.com


    And don't try to spin 'No Child Left Behind' as conservative, it had OVERWHELMING bipartisan support. Heck, the democrats had more yes votes than the republicans in both the house and senate!
    Biparitsan support in congress perhaps, but the real divide is between teachers and those who have demonized teachers. Guess who would that would be?

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

  5. #65
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    Quote Originally Posted by hidingrpolitics View Post
    Actually, you are just proving mine. You make a one line post insulting those who hold different beliefs, get a reply that you don't like, insult people of differing beliefs more, and then declare victory. Very liberal of you.
    Really, and what have you added to the discussion? Absolutely nothing...instead all you've managed to do is make fallacious personal attacks. Since I'm not going to take your troll bait, thats all I have to say. But hey, don't let that stop you from showing everyone what you're really full of. Ta ta.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    They aren't moving to Texas to get educated...quite the opposite. The first link is about teacher who was educated in So. California and got a job teaching at a University in Houston. That would suggest that they didn't have any qualifed teachers from Texas.

    "Not that she considers herself a Texan.

    "I'm always going to be a Californian," she said. "But I'm happy for now."

    The more Liberals that move to Texas, the better Texas will be...especially if they're teachers. lol


    California has a lot more people than Texas does and can certainly spare a few to other states. So I actually see that as a good thing. Btw, Gov. Ann Richards was one of my favorite politicians.

  7. #67
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-22-16 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    129

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    1) The conservatives in congress have been politicizing science and are trying to defund any science that they don't agree with ....or science that doesn't agree with them.

    How Much Say Should Congress Have in Science Funding?
    Your linked article doesn't support what you are saying.

    In some conservative states, their legislatures have tried to legislate what science should be taught in public schools.

    http://www.aibs.org/public-policy/ev...tate_news.html

    The year's antievolution legislation so far | NCSE

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/04/sc...anted=all&_r=0
    Again, your links do not support you conclusion. Further more, these are completely biased opinions that completely shows through when you read exactly what 'anti-evolution' ideas are being consistently shot down. Fore example, this is labeled as anti-evolution:

    A bill that would have allowed religious courses that teach evolution to be eligible for credit died with the end of the legislative session. HB 133 was passed by the House Education Policy Committee in February 2012, but never came to the House floor for a vote. The bill is sponsored by Rep. Blaine Galliher (R-District 30). The bill would "authorize local boards of education to include released time religious instruction as an elective course for high school students."
    Hardly something to fuss about, and it would have done nothing to 'defund' the normal science classes.


    2) Businesses who need an educated workforce are not going to locate in a city or state with an uneducated workforce.

    US Unemployment: Uneducated Workforce Adds to Problems AAPL, GOOG, CSCO, HPQ, INTC -
    Again, your link does not support your conclusion. The areas of education that are important in most jobs are english, math, business, communication... none of which are 'attacked' or defunded by any of the above.

    3) Conservatives are worried that immigrants are competing for and taking away American jobs.

    Sessions Says Immigration Bill Is a Threat to U.S. Workers - NYTimes.com
    It's obvious that immigrants are competing for jobs, but that (once again) doesn't support your conclusion that this will somehow take jobs away from those states. A job filled by an immigrant is a job filled. It's also obvious that if the supply of workers increases and the number of jobs stays the same, then more people will be unemployed in that state. This is basic logic that Sessions is pointing out.




    Biparitsan support in congress perhaps, but the real divide is between teachers and those who have demonized teachers. Guess who would that would be?
    No, not 'perhaps'. Absolutely, over the top bipartisan support.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesof2 View Post
    Your linked article doesn't support what you are saying.
    Really, how so?

    Again, your links do not support you conclusion. Further more, these are completely biased opinions that completely shows through when you read exactly what 'anti-evolution' ideas are being consistently shot down. Fore example, this is labeled as anti-evolution:
    Hardly something to fuss about, and it would have done nothing to 'defund' the normal science classes.
    My point was and still is that conservatives are trying to dumb down America and your obtuse replies are only helping to validate my argument.


    Again, your link does not support your conclusion.[/B] The areas of education that are important in most jobs are english, math, business, communication... none of which are 'attacked' or defunded by any of the above.
    Lowering standards so students could pass the NCLB profiency tests meant that colleges had to lower their standards and teach students basic english, math and reading skills just so they could move on to college level. If students don't know how to think critically then they aren't going to be proficient in business or communication either. So yes, my links do support my conclusion.


    It's obvious that immigrants are competing for jobs, but that (once again) doesn't support your conclusion that this will somehow take jobs away from those states. A job filled by an immigrant is a job filled. It's also obvious that if the supply of workers increases and the number of jobs stays the same, then more people will be unemployed in that state. This is basic logic that Sessions is pointing out.
    There are hundreds if not thousands of jobs out there, but not enough skilled qualified people to fill them. Just as there millions of unskilled people and very few jobs for them to fill. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Oh, nevermind, I can see why just from your replies.

    No, not 'perhaps'. Absolutely, over the top bipartisan support.
    Perhaps that was then, but this is now and the proof is in the pudding, conservatives have demonized teachers, defunded education and tried to dumb down the educational ciriculum....and you have not proven otherwise. But then I knew you wouldn't or should I say, couldn't.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    tried to dumb down the educational ciriculum
    pardon?

  10. #70
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-22-16 @ 12:44 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    129

    Re: Spring Slowdown Paints Ugly Picture For Jobs: ADP

    You said:
    Are you suggesting that the conservative brain child, "No Child Left Behind" isn't working?" What a shock. Intelligent Design, hows that working out for ya? GOP congress wants to cherry pick only the science they agree with so don't be surprised when businesses want to relocate or bring in more intelligent immigrants to take your jobs. Not at all surprised concerning the job numbers, especially in conservative states.
    Claiming that 1) No Child Left Behind is a conservative 'brain child' -- Proven wrong by facts.
    You claim that 2) the GOP wants to cherry pick what science is taught in schools and provide links saying that a representative from Texas proposed passing a bill that would require the federal spending on NSF to be “in the interests of the United States to advance the national health, prosperity, or welfare and to secure the national defense by promoting the progress of science.” You assume that this represents the whole GOP, which doesn't make sense, and then go on to claim that this is somehow 'cherry picking' what will be taught. If this were to pass, it would do no such thing. A gross misuse of words on your part.
    The claim that 3) business will relocate from states where schools are allowed to teach certain religious classes is completely unsubstantiated, and providing links that show how there are not enough skilled workers in no way whatsoever helps your case.
    You claim that 4) this supposed lack of education brought about by the GOP's supposed attack on education, which so far is completely unsubstantiated, you claim that this will cause business to move or hire immigrants which will cause that state to lose jobs. A state does not lose jobs when hiring immigrants fyi.

    My point was and still is that conservatives are trying to dumb down America and your obtuse replies are only helping to validate my argument.
    And you have absolutely no shred of evidence to support your point.

    Lowering standards so students could pass the NCLB profiency tests meant that colleges had to lower their standards and teach students basic english, math and reading skills just so they could move on to college level. If students don't know how to think critically then they aren't going to be proficient in business or communication either. So yes, my links do support my conclusion.
    Why were the standards lowered do you think? And it's complete folly to assume that students who are taught a few religious courses cannot think critically.

    Perhaps that was then, but this is now and the proof is in the pudding, conservatives have demonized teachers, defunded education and tried to dumb down the educational ciriculum....and you have not proven otherwise. But then I knew you wouldn't or should I say, couldn't.
    You have not shown anything where conservatives have "demonized teachers, defunded education and tried to dumb down the educational ciriculum" (great spelling btw) and it's up to you to provide evidence that they have. And that, if they have, that this is indicative of the entire GOP. You have shown none of either.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •