Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,339
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    just ditch it and give us UHC. that's what's going to happen eventually anyway. let's just skip the slow failure and try something that might actually work.
    I'm a proponent of UHC and even I don't know if implementation in the USA Is actually possible...

    I just can't see how it can be done.

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,134

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'm a proponent of UHC and even I don't know if implementation in the USA Is actually possible...

    I just can't see how it can be done.
    probably in the most inefficient way possible : more and more people get kicked off of employer-provided plans and end up on medicaid (or uninsured and unable to pay for care.) eventually, the percentage of medicaid recipients gets high enough that we decide that it would be better to have single payer.

  3. #13
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,139

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Instant UHC for 350 million people plus illegals when wer'e currently having to borrow money from our own Central Bank to pay for a current rising dependent class ?

    It would be the nail in the coffin of a economy that currently is on life support BECAUSE of ObamaCare and the tax increases and mandates within.

    I would venture that our economy would devolve down into some central american banana republic underground type of affair.

    Tijuana on steroids.

    This Countries gone to hell in a handbasket under Obama.
    UHC does not equal free health care for everybody.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    probably in the most inefficient way possible : more and more people get kicked off of employer-provided plans and end up on medicaid (or uninsured and unable to pay for care.) eventually, the percentage of medicaid recipients gets high enough that we decide that it would be better to have single payer.
    One thing is certain. More money will be spent on the bureaucracy then will be directed to the doctor and patient.

  5. #15
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    One thing is certain. More money will be spent on the bureaucracy then will be directed to the doctor and patient.
    YEP ! Sad but true.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    UHC does not equal free health care for everybody.
    Regardless, it foolishly places a massive burden on a Country that's currently borrowing from it's central bank just to pay off the increasing dependent class. And at a time when the US is experiencing near record levels of obesity, and the heath problems that come with being obese.

    It can't be paid for, not without raising taxes to levels that would cause economic chaos. I would say raising taxes to levels that stop growth but since growth has stopped ( no Libs. borrowing, printing or taking money out of the economy and then putting it back in is NOT "growth" ) a massive new entitlement unleashed by a Govt that's apathetic to it's citizens pain would just cause a full on collapse.

    You think the private sector is sitting on their money now, implement UHC and wait and see.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  7. #17
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    just ditch it and give us UHC. that's what's going to happen eventually anyway. let's just skip the slow failure and try something that might actually work.
    Exactly. The wingnuts are chortling but PPACA's failure will bring us to universal health care. Then America will have the last laugh.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Exactly. The wingnuts are chortling but PPACA's failure will bring us to
    universal health care. Then America will have the last laugh.
    I'm laughing but it's not at the idea of UHC.

    I'm laughing because there are actually people out there who think a Country that's currently securitizing the majority of their debt with their own CENTRAL BANK could enact UHC successfully.

  9. #19
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I'm laughing but it's not at the idea of UHC.

    I'm laughing because there are actually people out there who think a Country that's currently securitizing the majority of their debt with their own CENTRAL BANK could enact UHC successfully.
    Really? Why's that? What's your point?
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Another Missed Deadline Ahead For Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Regardless, it foolishly places a massive burden on a Country that's currently borrowing from it's central bank just to pay off the increasing dependent class. And at a time when the US is experiencing near record levels of obesity, and the heath problems that come with being obese.

    It can't be paid for, not without raising taxes to levels that would cause economic chaos. I would say raising taxes to levels that stop growth but since growth has stopped ( no Libs. borrowing, printing or taking money out of the economy and then putting it back in is NOT "growth" ) a massive new entitlement unleashed by a Govt that's apathetic to it's citizens pain would just cause a full on collapse.

    You think the private sector is sitting on their money now, implement UHC and wait and see.
    Quite apart from the massive debt, where taxes are going only to pay the interest and not the principle, the baby boomers are now retiring and expecting to be looked after with pensions and 'free' health care. Will the succeeding generation be willing to pay for all of this, look after the debt, and support themselves in the lifestyles they expect? I really doubt it.
    Look for massive inflation or default.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •