Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 553

Thread: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

  1. #541
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,632

    Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    We do. We know it won't be abused- no one will be relying on $50 a pop contraception several times weekly, and we have a good sense of what it will (not) do to developing teens, since it is an analog of a naturally occurring hormone.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #542
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, you're a doctor now?
    Are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #543
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    The point is that we don't know how safe Plan B will be if it's abused by those girls whose bodies are still growing and developing.
    No, the point is that we don't deny drugs to anyone on the basis that it might harm someone when there is no evidence that it does harm someone
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #544
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,915

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, the point is that we don't deny drugs to anyone on the basis that it might harm someone when there is no evidence that it does harm someone
    Once again, sangha, and because you speak with such confident authority, would you please direct me to the long-term studies which support your claims? Make sure that the studies include underaged girls, which is the concern here about over-the-counter availability.

  5. #545
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Once again, sangha, and because you speak with such confident authority, would you please direct me to the long-term studies which support your claims? Make sure that the studies include underaged girls, which is the concern here about over-the-counter availability.
    I see you still have no evidence that Plan B has any harmful effects on anyone

    Let me (and the FDA) know when you come up with some
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #546
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Insults speak not of the character of the target, but rather the attacker.
    Oh, you're insulted by that? I didn't name you, so unless you think I hit the nail on the head there, then me thinks thou do protest too much.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #547
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    We do. We know it won't be abused- no one will be relying on $50 a pop contraception several times weekly, and we have a good sense of what it will (not) do to developing teens, since it is an analog of a naturally occurring hormone.
    No? Well let me give you a hypothetical....Let's say that Jenny tells her friends she is pregnant on Friday at school, that night there is a get together of all the friends in the circle...Now, Megan doesn't like Jenny, so she is also at that get together, and when Jenny is not looking, puts a Plan B in Jenny's drink....Now, Jenny is also on some other meds that are contra indicated with Plan B and goes into medical difficulties due to the interaction of a drug that she doesn't know she has even ingested....Jenny dies....What then smart guy?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #548
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Are you?
    Never said I was, but you are certainly speaking in the absolute about all of that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #549
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, the point is that we don't deny drugs to anyone on the basis that it might harm someone when there is no evidence that it does harm someone
    Sure we do...The FDA delay's or denies certain drugs from the market all the time until they are tested among the target group...So, you are wrong there.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #550
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sure we do...The FDA delay's or denies certain drugs from the market all the time until they are tested among the target group...So, you are wrong there.
    That's a lie

    The FDA has never delayed approval of a drug because it hadn't been tested in children
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •