Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 553

Thread: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

  1. #451
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,653

    Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Um, Buying contraception and buying a soda are two different concepts entirely.
    Yes. But buying Condoms and buying Plan B are similar.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yes. But buying Condoms and buying Plan B are similar.
    Not at all. You don't swallow the condom. I was going to say condoms don't go inside the body, but that's not really true.

  3. #453
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You really have to start paying attention to language used, such as "appears to be." LOL! I've never seen anybody put so much trust in the FDA and pharmaceutical companies before. Your stance on insisting that this drug is "safe" is just foolish. Below is just an example of some pills which have been on the market legally for YEARS with known dangerous side effects.

    Do you not realize that these drug companies have lobbyists in Washington looking out for their best interests. This is just GREAT news for the pharmaceutical company who produces these pills, surely!

    WorstPills.org -
    We're not talking about other drugs. We're talking about Plan B

    And the FDA does not have the authority to limit access to drugs based on what they might do. They can only limit access to drugs that the evidence shows is dangerous.

    If they had to limit access to a drug because it might be dangerous, then everything would require a prescription
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Well, anyway at least they did come up with a minimum age requirement. I feel better about a 15-year-old getting these pills without a prescription, a doctor visit or anything other kind of responsibility than say a 12-year-old.

    I still see a potential for abuse among the younger age groups with these pills though; little things that can have a big impact, such as not feeling the need to use condoms thereby increasing the rate of sexually transmitted disease and overuse of this pill.

  5. #455
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    We're not talking about other drugs. We're talking about Plan B

    And the FDA does not have the authority to limit access to drugs based on what they might do. They can only limit access to drugs that the evidence shows is dangerous.

    If they had to limit access to a drug because it might be dangerous, then everything would require a prescription
    That's not true. Even Tylenol can be dangerous, and there is no prescription required for Tylenol.

  6. #456
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,653

    Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Not at all. You don't swallow the condom. I was going to say condoms don't go inside the body, but that's not really true.
    Switch condoms to Tylenol. And then back again.

    No difference between buying condoms AND Tylenol and planB. Better?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Switch condoms to Tylenol. And then back again.

    No difference between buying condoms AND Tylenol and planB. Better?
    Again, perhaps you missed it, even Tylenol can be deadly if not taken as directed. Here we are trusting KIDS to take this drug responsibly.

  8. #458
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,653

    Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Right. And kids are free to buy Tylenol. Why not Plan B?

    Or are you saying we need to restrict any kid from buying any medication?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #459
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That's not true. Even Tylenol can be dangerous, and there is no prescription required for Tylenol.
    And water. You forgot water

    Water can be dangerous too

    Drink too much water, and you can die
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #460
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And water. You forgot water

    Water can be dangerous too

    Drink too much water, and you can die
    Normally people get sick before they would die from water intoxication. Also, you can drink water every day and never be sick from it. That is NOT the case with Tylenol OR Plan B.

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •