Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 553

Thread: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

  1. #121
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    I have zero problems with this based on these conditions

    its just as safe as other drugs for the age group and no parental consent that are currently out there.

    if those conditions are met why would there be a reason to care
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #122
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    So 15 year olds are old enough to consent to sex?
    Which part of "Neither is being discussed here and a 15 is not old enough to consent to either" was unclear?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  3. #123
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Oh, well it's ok then, because nobody has ever been able to steal something with an anti-theft device, ever.
    I think putting it behind the retail counter with other age restricted products as Jerry suggested is warranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  4. #124
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I have zero problems with this based on these conditions

    its just as safe as other drugs for the age group and no parental consent that are currently out there.

    if those conditions are met why would there be a reason to care
    then i will ask a simple question, when did the executive branch of government FDA get authority to tell citizens, that 15 yr old girl will be given access to drugs over the objections of parents, i see not authority in the constitution.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    Which part of "Neither is being discussed here and a 15 is not old enough to consent to either" was unclear?
    Very well. I believe 15 year olds are old enough to consent to both taking contraceptives and having sex. I believe the two are related, and I would be curios to see somebody argue how a 15 year old is old enough to consent to one but not the other.

  6. #126
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Very well. I believe 15 year olds are old enough to consent to both taking contraceptives and having sex. I believe the two are related, and I would be curios to see somebody argue how a 15 year old is old enough to consent to one but not the other.
    I believe that 15 year olds are going to have sex whether society says they are old enough to consent or not, ergo, even though society says they shouldn't, since they will, contraceptives should not be refused to them. It's not complicated.

    Do you think they won't have sex if they are refused all contraceptives, or do you think they will just wildly less desirable consequences?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  7. #127
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    then i will ask a simple question, when did the executive branch of government FDA get authority to tell citizens, that 15 yr old girl will be given access to drugs over the objections of parents, i see not authority in the constitution.
    weird i didnt claim they have that powere

    and why doesnt your example apply to to every store everywhere for everybody not 18?

    are you suggesting that nobody under the age of 18 should be allowed to buy anything without parental consent?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    I believe that 15 year olds are going to have sex whether society says they are old enough to consent or not, ergo, even though society says they shouldn't, since they will, contraceptives should not be refused to them. It's not complicated.
    I believe "adults" will have sex with "children" regardless of whether society says they should or not, and since they will, we shouldn't imprison them. It's not complicated.

    Do you think they won't have sex if they are refused all contraceptives, or do you think they will just wildly less desirable consequences?
    Nope, I think teens will continue to have sex, with other teens and with adults. And they should be allowed to take contraceptives as well.

  9. #129
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    weird i didnt claim they have that powere

    and why doesnt your example apply to to every store everywhere for everybody not 18?

    are you suggesting that nobody under the age of 18 should be allowed to buy anything without parental consent?

    my question is this the FDA is run by bureaucrats ,not by elected officials...(accountable people), when did they receive any authority under our Constitution to issue orders to the people and say , 15 yr old girl can receive this drug.....above the objections of a parent?

    if a parnet wishes the child to have the drug, that is fine, but government issuing an order...that is not constitutional.....government has no authority over the people in the u.s. constitution.

  10. #130
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: Drug Agency Lowers Age For Next-Day Birth Control [W:297]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    my question is this the FDA is run by bureaucrats ,not by elected officials...(accountable people), when did they receive any authority under our Constitution to issue orders to the people and say , 15 yr old girl can receive this drug.....above the objections of a parent?

    if a parent wishes the child to have the drug, that is fine, but government issuing an order...that is not constitutional.....government has no authority over the people in the u.s. constitution.
    weird are you just going to dodge my question

    Iam not familiar with this issue at all so you will have to fill me and answer my question.

    does the law specifically say the child must be given the drug if its asked for even against parents will and against non-consent?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •