Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #681
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Tucker Ignorant?

    In much the same way as Sarah Palin is well-educated, I would say.
    Then you must be Reading different posts than I am.

  2. #682
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, I am pointing out you are trying to argue over points of irrelevance.
    Nonsense. Your argument is predicated on your ability to correctly identify and differentiate between pseudo-events and non-pseudo-events. When your "example" is not relevant, it becomes important to make that an issue, since in demonstrates an inability to make those differentiations which your position is based on.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #683
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    If you are trying to come off as ignorant, job well done.
    I'm curious, how have you imagined that my answers implying a lack of knowledge?

    No do you think you can answer the question?
    I did, repeatedly. Just because you don't like the answer does not mean it was not given.

    Who finds this story important?
    That's a very different question than the one you asked.

    People who dislike homosexuals and do not wish for homosexuality to be viewed as "normal" find it important (from an "society is going downhill" perspective) and people who want our society to be more accepting of homosexuals than it is so that homosexuality is viewed as perfectly normal find it important.

    Those two groups comprise a significant majority of the US population, ergo, the nation finds it important.

    Please don't say the nation because that is not true at all.
    Just because you say it isn't true doesn't mean it isn't true.

    Also please try to not turn this into a pissing contest like you do with the other posters. They are so tiresome.
    I find people denying reality to be tiresome.

    And this can only become a pissing contest if you make it one and I decide to take part in it.


    If you are not capable of answering the question please just say so.
    Again, just because you don't like the answer does not mean it was not given. There's no reason to deny reality simply because you don't like it.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #684
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Nonsense. Your argument is predicated on your ability to correctly identify and differentiate between pseudo-events and non-pseudo-events. When your "example" is not relevant, it becomes important to make that an issue, since in demonstrates an inability to make those differentiations which your position is based on.
    My example was relevant (I pointed to 9/11 to establish that) and you were attempting to argue over the number of events that fell within that group that were inherently relevant (as if that would change the fact that some issues are inherently relevant while others are not). The same with you trying to argue over what label you want to throw on the discussion, as if simply labeling something establishes actual relevance

    It's what you always do: argue to argue, without much concern for what is being discussed. it's why I constantly point out that your behavior is akin to a child throwing a tantrum

  5. #685
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Nonsense. Your argument is predicated on your ability to correctly identify and differentiate between pseudo-events and non-pseudo-events. When your "example" is not relevant, it becomes important to make that an issue, since in demonstrates an inability to make those differentiations which your position is based on.
    Your first statement killed your second one. Why would his position EVER be predicated on anything other than distinguishing the difference between pseudo-events, and non-pseudo-events?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #686
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    My example was relevant
    Your example was not an event, so it is impossible for it to be relevant.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #687
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Your first statement killed your second one.

    Nonsense.


    Why would his position EVER be predicated on anything other than distinguishing the difference between pseudo-events, and non-pseudo-events?


    Tim-
    Exactly my point. When he provides an example that is neither psuedo-event nor non-psuedo event, which is what he did by virtue of giving an example which was not an event at all, he demonstrates his inability to make such assessments. Since his entire argument can only be considered sound if he can demonstrate competence in this regard, demonstrated incompetence at making such assessments (incompetence which would be demonstrated, for example, by providing examples which fit neither category of assessment in any way shape or form), would demonstrate that his argument is unsound.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #688
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Nonsense.




    Exactly my point. When he provides an example that is neither psuedo-event nor non-psuedo event, which is what he did by virtue of giving an example which was not an event at all, he demonstrates his inability to make such assessments. Since his entire argument can only be considered sound if he can demonstrate competence in this regard, demonstrated incompetence at making such assessments (incompetence which would be demonstrated, for example, by providing examples which fit neither category of assessment in any way shape or form), would demonstrate that his argument is unsound.
    the entire point of my argument was that merely discussing an event doesn't lend it legitimacy (contrary to your original claim). If that is true, my ability to correctly name an example is irrelevant. Because the distinction still exists and your claim, that talking about it creates some form of legitimacy, would still be false (which it is)
    Last edited by Dr. Chuckles; 05-13-13 at 12:42 PM.

  9. #689
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    well.....apparently this wasn't such an earth shattering, landscape of sports altering event after-all.....

    after the initial hoop-la.....haven't heard a peep about it.

    guess we'll just have to wait until the start of the next season and see if JC gets offered a contract.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #690
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    well.....apparently this wasn't such an earth shattering, landscape of sports altering event after-all.....

    after the initial hoop-la.....haven't heard a peep about it.

    guess we'll just have to wait until the start of the next season and see if JC gets offered a contract.
    yep, seems more the media flash in the pan it looked like originally. That, or we are just bigots, based on nothing more than our willingness to question it's legitimacy as something more than that

Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •