Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #501
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Far from definite. If he was that valuable for that reason he would've been on the roster of some western conference playoff contender rather than a bottom dwelling eastern conference laughing stock like the BulletsWizards.
    He got traded to the wizards after signing with the Celtics. How was he supposed to get on a playoff contender from there?
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  2. #502
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well what is the impact? Please tell us what it is? You say so many have come out in support of Collins, which I assume means that they accept his gayness and value his courage, or something to that affect; we all assume this is what you mean by impact, and that it is generally positive? Your attempts to avoid this question with such rigidity and obfuscation is telling. What is this something that has been impacted? You haven't so much as provided anything in the way of substance, in fact your entire premise is devoid of substance rendering it almost completely useless.

    Tim-
    like i said go back and read the thread because you assume wrong, acceptance was never brought up. Who is we all? LMAO
    I avoid zero questions i infact gave 4 reasons why it has an impact
    next time read the thread and you wont look so foolish. LMAO i stated them and restated them and people in the NBA also echoed them. Its funny you think these tactics work LOL

    Bottom line the NBA was impacted, this fact will not change, anything else you wanna make up or argue or invebt feel free. It wont change the fact the article points out or my statements
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #503
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    He got traded to the wizards after signing with the Celtics. How was he supposed to get on a playoff contender from there?
    Better than average I'd guess since Wizards trade off all their best players.

  4. #504
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Because the timing is suspect. He came out at a time when he had nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he had something at risk, this story might have been news worthy but certainly not at the level it has been.
    Why the **** would that matter? Is it only a good thing if he's put at risk? Would it help if some crazy anti-gay psychopath tried to kill him? Would that make it more palatable?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #505
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    His skills have not diminished much since than.
    so why then, did the playoff bound Celtics, trade him away to arguably one of the worst teams in the league in February?

    When Collins gave Celtic's coach Rivers a courtesy call to let him know he was going to "come out" (odd enough in itself)

    Rivers commented:

    “I wish you could have gotten me more rebounds. Because at the end of the day, that’s all I really care about.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/01/sp...lins.html?_r=0
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #506
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You claimed facts all the time "factually"...remember that? You used it a lot. There is a factual impact; meaning measured. All I ask for is the true measurement. I don't need to write a letter, as I am not the one making assumption. Merely stating that what you are deriving from words is not the only explanation for the words stated. And since there are multiple possible causes for the statement, from true support to attempting to avoid a PR nightmare, you cannot claim factual information from it without supporting evidence. And that's what you lack here. So every time you say "factual" and "LMAO the owners say X", you are making an assumption. You are claiming knowledge from a system that has not been examined enough to draw actual knowledge from. You assume the owners and players are saying what they are saying based on true acceptance and support of Collins. But it may not be. It could very well be cherry picking of player's comments (i.e. not publishing any dissenting opinion) and coaches and owners playing the PC game. Also a valid explanation. Without further evidence and measurement, you cannot say which one is actually true ("factual").

    You may state that in your opinion the owners and coaches are being sincere and that already more players are accepting of homosexuals on the court, and that would be in line with statements from players, coaches, and owners. But you cannot at this point profess knowledge. It is NOT factual at this point until there is more evidence.
    sorry doesnt need measured that is false
    the people and reality IN THE NBA is what makes ti fact. You opinion and wanting to see scientific stats is meaningless LMAO
    you factually did make an assumption this thread and your words prove that fact. But please state another lie LOL
    Facts disagree with you, you assuming that all the statements are made up and lies is the only assumptions. You fail again.

    This has factually impacted the NBA. nothing to debate with that statement alone. Talk about all the other things you want, they dont matter.

    again theres no logical reason to think otherwise with the facts in this thread, on tv, on the internet and that statements made by the people in the nba. But good luck, let me know how that letter turns out.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #507
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,807

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Can I still hater redheads or is that not allowed anymore?
    you can have feelings of hate whoever you want, thats allowed
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #508
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    I'll be honest that I'm a bit biased here. Watching Collins help lead my Hawks over the Magic when everyone said they couldn't has been one of the highlights of basketball for me over the last few years. I've actually had an argument over whether he should be in the NBA before he ever came out.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  9. #509
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Why the **** would that matter? Is it only a good thing if he's put at risk? Would it help if some crazy anti-gay psychopath tried to kill him? Would that make it more palatable?
    I think the point of that is saying "if he HAD something to risk", not if he is put at risk. Meaning, if he were a Michael Jordan and coming out could cost him everything, it would be more believable that he was coming out as an act to raise and encourage acceptance of homosexual athletes. But because he's pretty much straddling the fence of being cut out of the league due to not being that great of a player, using this card seems more suspect and could be that he's trying to drum up publicity and support in a way that would help him continue his NBA career when his skill alone would be insufficient.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #510
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Tebow doesn't strike me as a good teammate, actually. He'd help teams more if he switched positions, but he refuses to move away from a position he is not suited for. I'd also bet that Kyle Orton was not a fan of him as a teammate.
    point being....they don't pay professional athletes to be "good teammates". How many coaches/managers do you think sit around discussing trades and say "You know what we really need? A guy who is a good teammate"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •