Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 699

Thread: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sports

  1. #471
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    ok
    ZERO impact to the fact begin discussed in this thread LOL

    strawman failed, keep up the good work though tim

    let me know when this fat changes
    Well except that I am providing an actual argument based on available data. I am extrapolating this data in the context of this discussion on the likelihood that a predominantly black sport, will be accepting of a homosexual when the demographics nationally say otherwise. ...And you have provided diddly squat in opposition.


    By the way do you even KNOW what a strawman is?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #472
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Quit lying, I never brought up a court of law. I said hearsay isn't evidence. LMAO, how desperate you must be to deflect against backing up anything you say.
    you are 100% correct, i assumed wrong and was knee jerk. I thought that you meant hearsay and evidence in a legal sense, silly me.
    I stand corrected and you are 100% right and my assumption was 100% wrong. You did not say court of law. see how easy that is, this is called integrity. LMAO

    oh yeah back on topic.
    I backed up everythig i said, all of it. THe NBA backs me up, who do you have again?
    Fact is there was an impact and you cant change that fact
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #473
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Fact is there was an impact and you cant change that fact

    fact is that everything that happens has an "impact". The waterboy for the L.A. Clippers farted... there was an impact.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #474
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    ok
    ZERO impact to the fact begin discussed in this thread LOL
    I'm not sure how it can have zero impact and be a strawman when it's addressing data you cited.

  5. #475
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you are 100% correct, i assumed wrong and was knee jerk. I thought that you meant hearsay and evidence in a legal sense, silly me.
    I stand corrected and you are 100% right and my assumption was 100% wrong. You did not say court of law. see how easy that is, this is called integrity. LMAO

    oh yeah back on topic.
    I backed up everythig i said, all of it. THe NBA backs me up, who do you have again?
    Fact is there was an impact and you cant change that fact
    People in the NBA have said things, anyone can say things. Words are wind. Actions are what matter, and actions can be measured. Without measurement, you cannot claim something to be "factual". I would fully expect the higher ups in the NBA to support Collins and claim it's a bold move. There's no way they would come out against him, that would be a PR nightmare. They'll stay away from it. They won't publish derogatory or denigrating comments either for pretty much the same reason. The NBA has to keep up appearances and image. So I'm not surprised that we have heard in the press what we have heard in the press.

    Selected commentary and quotes do not make evidence, however. It's only words, and not even a full statistical analysis of all comments made; just a few selected. We have to wait and see if there is a factual impact demonstrated through action and statistically resolved from background. It's the only way you can claim "factual".
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #476
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yes you did give me your opinion on that and yet it did soften no matter the reason and yet it still has nothing to do with the thread/fact being discussed
    Actually it was the opinion and analysis of a few political commentators at the Washington post and NPR, backed by factual data. It's how logical arguments are formed

  7. #477
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well except that I am providing an actual argument based on available data. I am extrapolating this data in the context of this discussion on the likelihood that a predominantly black sport, will be accepting of a homosexual when the demographics nationally say otherwise. ...And you have provided diddly squat in opposition.


    By the way do you even KNOW what a strawman is?

    Tim-
    yep i believe i supplied you with a definition before when you lost

    acceptance?
    define acceptance and PLEASE tell me how i talked about it? did i say some where that there will be a majoirty accptance of homosexuality in the NBA? LMAO

    there you go again making up another straw man

    please stay on topic because your deflections and strawmen are getting more sad with everyone you post.

    the facts being discussed is there was an impact. Let me know when you have somethign that proves that wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #478
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Actually it was the opinion and analysis of a few political commentators at the Washington post and NPR, backed by factual data. It's how logical arguments are formed
    if you say so, thanks for that too, it still has no impact here
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #479
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I'm not sure how it can have zero impact and be a strawman when it's addressing data you cited.
    go back and read and you will understand in that post at the end youll noticed i said that it has no impact, your mistake
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #480
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Jason Collins (NBA Center) announces that he is gay, altering the landscape of sp

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    People in the NBA have said things, anyone can say things. Words are wind. Actions are what matter, and actions can be measured. Without measurement, you cannot claim something to be "factual". I would fully expect the higher ups in the NBA to support Collins and claim it's a bold move. There's no way they would come out against him, that would be a PR nightmare. They'll stay away from it. They won't publish derogatory or denigrating comments either for pretty much the same reason. The NBA has to keep up appearances and image. So I'm not surprised that we have heard in the press what we have heard in the press.

    Selected commentary and quotes do not make evidence, however. It's only words, and not even a full statistical analysis of all comments made; just a few selected. We have to wait and see if there is a factual impact demonstrated through action and statistically resolved from background. It's the only way you can claim "factual".
    like i said write them a letter.
    maybe they will admit they are lying and just making it up and youll have evidence of your assumptions
    i didnt claim facts they just simply are.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •